• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Combat Multiplier Demon Door

T

TearOfAvo

Combat Multiplier Demon Door

Ok, does anyone know how to open that door? I've tried and it keeps saying that stupid line! I just want to kill it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Combat Multiplier Demon Door

TearOfAvo;102667 said:
Ok, does anyone know how to open that door? I've tried and it keeps saying that stupid line! I just want to kill it.

The one at greatwood caves?

If so then get combat multiplier to 14 or higher then speak to the demon door.

T

TearOfAvo

Dark Drakan;102669 said:
The one at greatwood caves?

If so then get combat multiplier to 14 or higher then speak to the demon door.

I've gotten it to 20 but it still won't swing ajar!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TearOfAvo;102672 said:

Just get it a few higher and make sure that the multiplier is still in corner of the screen when you talk to it.

B

blu phoenix

TearOfAvo;102672 said:

What you have to do is go into hobbe cave, get your multiplier higher than 20, or a little below, then go back outside of hobbe cave and fight the earth troll. You should then have a nice combat multiplier to get you through the door. It's a pain I know.

H

Hexadecimal

TearOfAvo;102672 said:

did you do it in front of the door? =]

T

TearOfAvo

ok. Thank you everyone I'm gonna try it tonight when I can play Fable TLC undisturbed by mundane disturbances (Chores):p

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

from:http://forums.projectego.net/demon-door-combat-14-hard-663/

The absolute easiest way to get a high enough combat multiplier is to get an ebony longbow, and go to where the demon door is. You will see a shape of a troll then it will disappear (and only pop out when you get close enough). If it doesn't pop out right away, then begin to charge your bow up for exactly 2 minutes. If you hold it for 2 minutes then move over to where the troll will pop up, lock onto it, and then fire. When the arrow hits, you will kill it instantly and gain a combat multiplier of 25.

This also works with stone trolls, except you need Skorm's bow and hold it for about 2.5 minutes. You get a combat multiplier of 60+ upon the bowshot kill.

T

TearOfAvo

Devalion;102680 said:
from:http://forums.projectego.net/demon-door-combat-14-hard-663/

The absolute easiest way to get a high enough combat multiplier is to get an ebony longbow, and go to where the demon door is. You will see a shape of a troll then it will disappear (and only pop out when you get close enough). If it doesn't pop out right away, then begin to charge your bow up for exactly 2 minutes. If you hold it for 2 minutes then move over to where the troll will pop up, lock onto it, and then fire. When the arrow hits, you will kill it instantly and gain a combat multiplier of 25.

This also works with stone trolls, except you need Skorm's bow and hold it for about 2.5 minutes. You get a combat multiplier of 60+ upon the bowshot kill.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I've never gotten more than 10 or 11 from the earth troll. Sephiroxas suggested something that I haven't tried. Teleport from that area and go to the grave yard path. Build up your combat multiplier to at least thirty. Recall back to the area, kill the troll and talk to the door. Note when you leave an area your combat multiplier gets halved.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Really? I have always gotten 15 or 16 from an earth troll =x

I dunno.

S

snowbladez

hey guys i used a stick on the rock guy and it worked 4 me oh and if u can tell me a way to get the scorms bow email me at [email protected] =]

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

to open that door, you must have a CM of at least 14. its a pain in the ass to get in that area i know, but just use physical sheild and enflame in the hobbe caves (i usually just keep going back and forth from the entrance to the main chamber untill my CM is as high as i can get it, usually around 20). then, when its as high as you can get it near the exit, run as fast as you can and start hacking away at the earth troll that appears outside (if the earth troll hasnt started spawning yet, just wait till later to do this as it is much easyer with the troll) untill your CM hits 15 or higher, then run to the door and speak to it as fast as you can (dont even bother to wait till the troll is dead, and dont waist time getting the EXP). hope this helps.

oh, and your CM MUST be active for this to work, your record high means nothing if your active CM is not at least 14. another way of doing this is to go to where the door is, then teleport somewhere with lots of enemys that you can easily take (if evil, i recamend a town, such as oakvale so you can kill endless gaurds) then when your CM is at least 30, teleport back to greatwood caves using the recall function. keep in mind that whenever you go from one area to another (wether by walking or teleporting) your CM is divided in half. again, your CM must be active and at least 14 when you talk to the door.

M

marsh fire

Here's what I did, I stood outside the demon door then teleported to anyware were there is a troll or a bunch of undead:
1) Wichwood is always good, I equipped my bow (arken's crosbow) held down the fire bitton for a min, and fired at the troll and the CM was 61, teli recall back to the demon door, (your CM halfswhen you do this) and he 'swings ajar'.
2) I was also 'messing' with my CM during the 'stop jack of blades' quest just before you kill him. Have lots of will potions and activate the physical shield power then hack away at the undead and minions, I managed to get my CM to 70 before I ran out of will potions. now you cannot go to the demon door as it is during a quest (counts as leaving a quest region) but the idea is the same with any creature.
Just teli back when your CM is at least 30.

0cean v0id

was there a need to bump this its from 2007 and the question has clearly been answered long ago this thread should be closed...