• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here.

Hal;327522 said:
I only did the ninja smiley coz I do not know how to get real drawings onto computers. If I did know you would have something different.

SilverHRIZN;327539 said:
Y'know, this isn't based on artistic ability. Plus, if you draw a comlex character for entry you have to draw it like 100 times over throughout the comics.

...Guys, did you look at my character? Don't get insulted. It's kinda obvious that Keelee's character was a lot more elaborate than anyone else's. That's not a bad thing or a good thing-- it's just a fact.

And again, look at mine. He's a bunch of ovals stuck together in a vaguely human shape. I wasn't being critical of anyone else, especially since mine is just about the least elaborate.

And RSN? Pretty cool. Undead cripple zombies Scotsman gravedigger. Groundskeeper Willie's great-great-grandfather. I do have a question, though-- how's his mom know anything? Hasn't she died in the years between now and the 19th century?

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

Whoa, don't even think I got insulted. I'm just stating the obvious.

But seriously, for those with no artistic talent, MS paint is like.. A godsend. We have to draw pane after pane of comic with the same character and it'll be easier for us because we spent thirty seconds making it.

If you can draw a gnarly-ass character more than once, be my guest and enter it in the competition.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score

Smokey The Blues Boy

Born in Deltatown, Mississippi, Smokey has the ability to play anything he wants. Furthermore, he can hit a secret note that paralyzes his enemies. The only drawback to all this is that he gets drunk quite frequently and this clouds his judgement, causing him to get himself into trouble. Modeled offa my fav blues player of all time:)
scan0001.jpg

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

RSN;327505 said:
I will now introduce you to:

Billy! A gravedigger from Scotland! He has a leg of wood and he replaced his arm with a shovel. Now to the story. Billy comes from the 1800's. He digged his own grave and has now rised from the grave. He was burried with a kilt and he is 25 % gay. Only his mother knows that though.

Billy:

Haha I like it, a lot! Great comic character in that there's a lot of potential humour there. I was confused about the bone arm and leg but then I read "risen from the grave'. ^_^

SilverHRIZN;327507 said:
Now, I am happy to present..
comiclink.jpg

DoodleLink!

Originating from the Four Swords Adventures, DoodleLink was considered too.. Stupid to be part of the evil fighting team and was cast out into the vast world of Hyrule. DoodleLink's idiocy sometimes strangely brings him the best of luck even in the worst situations. Now with his loyal fairy.. "Gavin" Doodlelink has set off for the adventure of finding someplace he can truly call home. Until he stumbled upon the tournament..

Hehe.. The scanner kept acting up so I had to borrow my dad's from the other end of town. Pain in the arse. >.<

Yes! Great character idea - I also like that you've thrown in your unique style and didn't just copy the original design from Four Swords Adventure.

That by the way is a great way of getting around drawing every detail - drawing the characters in your "unique style" :lol:

Xeon;327572 said:
Cleaned my character up a bit

23212354.png

I was hoping you would post this - the other pictures didn't come out great on my screen and they weren't very clear, as if they were drawn in a hasty manner on paint.

This on the other hand looks much better.

Could you edit the post with a brief description of him again?

SilverHRIZN;327539 said:
Y'know, this isn't based on artistic ability. Plus, if you draw a complex character for entry you have to draw it like 100 times over throughout the comics.

Exactly right! However you could put a huge amount of detail into the character introductory image and tone it down for the actual comics.

Walker;327518 said:
Mmmm, percussive maintenance. Also, congrats: you've won the "token submission that involves some effort and artistic ability beyond bright primary colors and shapes" award.

Keelee has drawn a great character - although I'm not so sure her character was drawn specifically for this tournament. :lol:

And yeah like Silver said, Keelee is going to have a hard time drawing every panel in such detail - the better drawn artists from last year missed deadlines because they tried to put in too much detail.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Warpedhero;327626 said:
Smokey The Blues Boy

Born in Deltatown, Mississippi, Smokey has the ability to play anything he wants. Furthermore, he can hit a secret note that paralyzes his enemies. The only drawback to all this is that he gets drunk quite frequently and this clouds his judgement, causing him to get himself into trouble. Modeled offa my fav blues player of all time:)
scan0001.jpg

Great! I was hoping I'd see you enter the tournament - and what a great character too! :thumbsup:

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score

Thanks man

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

I have a new idea. What do you guys think?

PastorOfMuppets.png
Pastor Of Muppets (Metallica fans should understand) is a Pastor in Southern California, of which is a very large fan of puppeteering and especially Muppets. His favorite doll is Kremit. Prepare to feel his wrath as he makes extremely dorky jokes with a crappy puppet voice.

X

Xeon

droded;327638 said:
I was hoping you would post this - the other pictures didn't come out great on my screen and they weren't very clear, as if they were drawn in a hasty manner on paint.

This on the other hand looks much better.

Could you edit the post with a brief description of him again?

Sure thing boss

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Trawgdor;327660 said:

PastorOfMuppets.png
Pastor Of Muppets (Metallica fans should understand) is a Pastor in Southern California, of which is a very large fan of puppeteering and especially Muppets. His favorite doll is Kremit. Prepare to feel his wrath as he makes extremely dorky jokes with a crappy puppet voice.

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day - thank you for entering!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Trawgdor;327660 said:

PastorOfMuppets.png

I'm sorry, but I can't see Kermit without thinking of this guy:
00b96fea
Go Terps.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;327744 said:
I'm sorry, but I can't see Kermit without thinking of this guy:
00b96fea
Go Terps.

What is that thing?

Try and get the word out some more everyone.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

JohnDoe;327662 said:
Oh lawd, now I'll think of that every time I hear a reference to the song or the show.

Haha!

PAAASTOR OF MUPPETS IS PULLIN' THE STRIIINGS.
PASTOR.
PASTOR.

:lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

droded;327996 said:
What is that thing?

I forget what they named him. But he started out as Testudo-- University of Maryland's mascot*. I few years ago they made a bunch of blank white ones and had different people decorate them. That one's in the Student Union, and they decorated him like Kermit because Jim Henson graduated from Maryland.

testudo250w.jpg

Yes, our mascot is a giant turtle. Specifically, the state reptile, the Diamondback Terrapin. Hey, it could be worse. Until 1930 or so we were called the Old Liners.

Also,
kermitandhenson.jpg

Jim and Kermit got cold.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

That's awesome, maybe if you're up against Trawgdor you could bust out some extra knowledge of the frog haha

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Okay well I mgiht be away SOMETIMES for my Comic Tournament.. So i'll just say Sorry now.

Sorry.

Haha.. I mgiht be going a trip, but not too sure yet. Other then that, I'll be all good to go! :D

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Hm alright, but I'd like you to say exactly when you think you'd be unavailable when the time comes.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

droded;328371 said:
That's awesome, maybe if you're up against Trawgdor you could bust out some extra knowledge of the frog haha

Oh, wait did I say that Ollie went to UMD? If I didn't, I should have. That'd be entertaining.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Ah yes hopefully i came before it was too late.
new entry instead of my last one.
The Little Paladin.
This little guy is studying in the art of killing the undead and zombies and any other very old living dead(he is currently using his grandma as practice) He is deadly, strong, epic and little. His large helmet makes his voice sound low and boom out. He had stepped on a magical stone after killing the ungfrenswerjfenvioneyoivn dragon and appeared in the modern world where he got a job as a ice skater for a fantasy play and spends his time at the bar drinking beer and lives in a cabin next to the graveyard in wait for enemies but instead goes twice a week to the retirement home to spill some blood and sacrifices baby cows to his (now dead king) Drikahnian which he is not aware of and worships a homeless guy since he has very much resemblence.
thelittlepaladin.jpg
I tried my best to give some randomness to this entry.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

okay after droded said i have to redraw him like 1 million time over i realised that it took like lightyears to draw my original character so hears one i did on flash which is easy to use to draw and manipulate shapes so here is my new one

Yingyangkillercharacter.jpg

i call him Solanur he represents the sun and the moon his light powers are strongest in sun and darkness poweres strongest in night, he uses the moon nad the sun to transport to diffrent dimension and time worlds, under his cape is a mystery to everyone but people who antogonise his wrath, it could mean eternal torture maybe turn you crazy, orgasm untill u die etc ultimate power lies beneath his cape

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Archon'sRage;328694 said:
Ah yes hopefully i came before it was too late.
new entry instead of my last one.
The Little Paladin.
This little guy is studying in the art of killing the undead and zombies and any other very old living dead(he is currently using his grandma as practice) He is deadly, strong, epic and little. His large helmet makes his voice sound low and boom out. He had stepped on a magical stone after killing the ungfrenswerjfenvioneyoivn dragon and appeared in the modern world where he got a job as a ice skater for a fantasy play and spends his time at the bar drinking beer and lives in a cabin next to the graveyard in wait for enemies but instead goes twice a week to the retirement home to spill some blood and sacrifices baby cows to his (now dead king) Drikahnian which he is not aware of and worships a homeless guy since he has very much resemblence.
thelittlepaladin.jpg

I tried my best to give some randomness to this entry.

This is great! I love this entry already, thanks for joining again. ^_^

William1193;328700 said:
okay after droded said i have to redraw him like 1 million time over i realised that it took like lightyears to draw my original character so hears one i did on flash which is easy to use to draw and manipulate shapes so here is my new one

Yingyangkillercharacter.jpg

i call him Solanur he represents the sun and the moon his light powers are strongest in sun and darkness poweres strongest in night, he uses the moon nad the sun to transport to diffrent dimension and time worlds, under his cape is a mystery to everyone but people who antogonise his wrath, it could mean eternal torture maybe turn you crazy, orgasm untill u die etc ultimate power lies beneath his cape

Good decision, your other character looked pretty complicated haha and I reckon there are a few more gags you could pull off with this character. :)