• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here.

The Comic Tournament will begin on the 17th of August with a strict deadline.

Rules for the Tournament when it begins can be read here

You may enter your created character by posting an image of it along with a brief description or backstory. Feel free to make this description as humorous or informative as you'd like - this would help others to get a better idea of your character when they employ it in their comics.

Here is an example of a typical comic character:

Here is an example of a typical character you could enter in the competition. (I had to draw it on paint as my Photoshop is on my other computer).

Presenting the Undead Warrior, Sir Slaughter!

example-nerd.png

That's right, the feared Sir Slaughter is not only a level 80 Undead Warrior on his World of Warcraft account, but he has the mean attitude to match!

Watch out for his
cosplay, kids!:lol:

I would like all work to be original - no entering your favourite cartoon or anime character into the tournament. (Although lookalikes may be considered if they are approved by myself)

Ensure that your character isn't too complex either - remember you are supposed to draw your character over and over, make it as painless as possible with a simple design.

Let the entry stage begin.^_^

The current entered characters are (I've added links to make it easier):
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Round 1

• Archon's Rage Vs. droded
  • SaintHermit Vs. Keelee.Hamomin
  • SilverHRZN Vs. William1193
  • RSN Vs. Xeon
  • Walker Vs. Trawgdor
  • AzraelVs. ScareCrowReturn
  • Jakuro Vs. Warpedhero
There is now an Official place to Discuss the Comic Tournament. :lol:

http://forums.projectego.net/comic-tournament-discussion-thread-20165/

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score
Re: Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here.

Hold on, let me grab my e-pencil.
Kay, I'll sign up!
Do I need to upload my contestant again?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

To enter you must post your character as well as a brief backstory.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

StHarlem.png
A thug warrior from south Harlem. He was raised on the streets as a thief. With his skills from early on, he was found by the Federal Organization of Ninjas (FON). Then he began his training and has been ridding his streets of trash and scum. He specializes in Judo, Karate, and the use of his nunchucks.

SaintHermit

I nose hair
Reaction score

fishhobo.png

Beardfishborg, the result of a horrible experiment that combined a homeless man, the worlds fourth largest fish and really bad robotics. After escaping the lab, bfb swims the oceans looking for a mate.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Trawgdor;326165 said:
StHarlem.png
A thug warrior from south Harlem. He was raised on the streets as a thief. With his skills from early on, he was found by the Federal Organization of Ninjas (FON). Then he began his training and has been ridding his streets of trash and scum. He specializes in Judo, Karate, and the use of his nunchucks.

Heh nice, you could practice using thinner lines or make it a little more detailed though. (Right now, it's just a stickman with hair, a red thing round his face and 'nunchucks')

Great to see you're the first entry though, and I like your story! ^_^

SaintHermit;326178 said:
fishhobo.png

Beardfishborg, the result of a horrible experiment that combined a homeless man, the worlds fourth largest fish and really bad robotics. After escaping the lab, bfb swims the oceans looking for a mate.

Haha, now that's awesome. I'm surprised by the perfect amount of random humour here - a homeless man gene spliced with an especially large fish who has been given robotic limbs, genius!:lol:

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Haha, I'll try Droded.

Gosh, drawing is hard. :lol:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Here he is!

PirateSteve.jpg
Steve the Gay Pirate!
Steve "The Gay Pirate" was once a noble and rebellious Pirate who sailed the Seven sea's.. He soon got bored of Robbing the rich and poor, killing people and sinking boats, So he decided to go back home to Utah, When he returned he found that everyone was wearing bright colours and had bright houses, They all had turned gay.. Steve couldn't fight them off any longer and was dragged into their new lifestyle, now Steve The Gay Pirate is sent on a mission to turn every country gay for world domination!

(No offence to Utah-rians.)

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

I like yours Adam! It's good.

Say, can we edit our drawings before the tournament begins?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Finally got an idea

perverse.jpg
His name is Perverse he goes around with assorted women's panties on his head. His mouth is never ending and he stores many random things in it for special occasions.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;326190 said:
Here he is!

PirateSteve.jpg
Steve the Gay Pirate!
Steve "The Gay Pirate" was once a noble and rebellious Pirate who sailed the Seven sea's.. He soon got bored of Robbing the rich and poor, killing people and sinking boats, So he decided to go back home to Utah, When he returned he found that everyone was wearing bright colours and had bright houses, They all had turned gay.. Steve couldn't fight them off any longer and was dragged into their new lifestyle, now Steve The Gay Pirate is sent on a mission to turn every country gay for world domination!

(No offence to Utah-rians.)

Haha, awesome! I always thought this was a great idea since I saw it in the other thread. :thumbsup:

Trawgdor;326192 said:
I like yours Adam! It's good.

Say, can we edit our drawings before the tournament begins?

You can edit it as many times as you like! You can even completely switch your character, as long as it's all done before the deadline. ^_^

Zarkes;326200 said:
Finally got an idea

perverse.jpg
His name is Perverse he goes around with assorted women's panties on his head. His mouth is never ending and he stores many random things in it for special occasions.

Is he just a head shaped like a ball? I like the idea and story, but the design doesnt really add up - you've got photoshop too right? Try sketching using that. It feels more difficult at first but eventually once you become good enough it'll be a breeze. ;)

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah.. I used paint.. :D

I dont know how to work PaintshopPro or whatever you hardcore artists use.. its just TOO HARD!

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'm going to say now that I'm terribly out of practice myself, so a new entry may not be seen within the next few days.^_^

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

SaintHermit;326178 said:
fishhobo.png

Um, yeah. That's kinda awesome.

Zarkes;326200 said:
Finally got an idea

perverse.jpg

Ah, Tsuyu's dream.

Aaaaand:

OllieandLeah.jpg

Yeah, I got no artistic ability.

Cue Overly Long Description
Ludwig van Ollie is a recent graduate of a high school in California, Maryland. He is close friends with Leah, the ever-drunken Interconnected Triangle Gremlin, who has the Powe of Dubious Utility known as "making Ollie look crazed," since only he can see her. Ollie is a fairly intelligent young man, but being close friends with a mischievious gremlin is usually not conducive to good grades, and he ended up only barely graduating high school.
Feeling guilty for keeping him out of college, Leah contacted one of her many nephews, the computer-savvy Billy Joe-Bob. In a night of drunken hacking, BJ-Bob (at Leah's orders) got Ollie into the University of Maryland and started signing him up for classes. Ollie was very excited to hear this, but it probably would have worked out better if BJ-Bob hadn't decided he would make a good soldier, and put him in the computers as an already-contracted ROTC cadet.
c/PFC Ollie's life is hard. He has to get up early and go do PT, then struggle through a day over-filled with classes, compliments of BJ-Bob's lack of understanding of human foibles, like sleep and homework. Fortunately, Ollie has his good buddy Leah to keep him company and help out with a bit of mischief when neccesary.
Ollie has a reputation as quite the practical joker among the Terps Battalion, and Leah is re-discovering the joys of being a creature of mischief amidst the military-minded. Ah, it brings back her days in the RAF (Royally Acerbic Fifinellas).

Also, technically the name tape on his chest should read "Ollendorf," since "Ollie" is supposedly a nickname. But "Ollendorf" is too damn long. So I shortened it.

Edit: And I didn't describe Leah much this time, but think of her as Nanny Ogg, only more drunk and with gremlin-class mischief-making ability.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

droded;326202 said:
Haha, awesome! I always thought this was a great idea since I saw it in the other thread. :thumbsup:

You can edit it as many times as you like! You can even completely switch your character, as long as it's all done before the deadline. ^_^

Is he just a head shaped like a ball? I like the idea and story, but the design doesnt really add up - you've got photoshop too right? Try sketching using that. It feels more difficult at first but eventually once you become good enough it'll be a breeze. ;)
Yeah that pick was a mock up I was thinking of making him a super hero.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

I give u my cappy masterpiece
SpaceNinjaProffessional-1.jpg

His name is William the Conqueror, he is the super ancient decendent of the original william the conqueror who lives in the space age time traveling is not hard... so to stop his enemies he goes to the past and rapes and kills there mummies so they never born and he becomes king of everything... he knows super swordsmanship cause hes liek a space ninja oh yeah and he can shapeship...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;326223 said:
Aaaaand:

OllieandLeah.jpg

Yeah, I got no artistic ability.

Cue Overly Long Description
Ludwig van Ollie is a recent graduate of a high school in California, Maryland. He is close friends with Leah, the ever-drunken Interconnected Triangle Gremlin, who has the Powe of Dubious Utility known as "making Ollie look crazed," since only he can see her. Ollie is a fairly intelligent young man, but being close friends with a mischievious gremlin is usually not conducive to good grades, and he ended up only barely graduating high school.
Feeling guilty for keeping him out of college, Leah contacted one of her many nephews, the computer-savvy Billy Joe-Bob. In a night of drunken hacking, BJ-Bob (at Leah's orders) got Ollie into the University of Maryland and started signing him up for classes. Ollie was very excited to hear this, but it probably would have worked out better if BJ-Bob hadn't decided he would make a good soldier, and put him in the computers as an already-contracted ROTC cadet.
c/PFC Ollie's life is hard. He has to get up early and go do PT, then struggle through a day over-filled with classes, compliments of BJ-Bob's lack of understanding of human foibles, like sleep and homework. Fortunately, Ollie has his good buddy Leah to keep him company and help out with a bit of mischief when neccesary.
Ollie has a reputation as quite the practical joker among the Terps Battalion, and Leah is re-discovering the joys of being a creature of mischief amidst the military-minded. Ah, it brings back her days in the RAF (Royally Acerbic Fifinellas).

Also, technically the name tape on his chest should read "Ollendorf," since "Ollie" is supposedly a nickname. But "Ollendorf" is too damn long. So I shortened it.

Edit: And I didn't describe Leah much this time, but think of her as Nanny Ogg, only more drunk and with gremlin-class mischief-making ability.

Nice! Hopefully you won't have to drop out like you did last year. ;)

Zarkes;326354 said:
Yeah that pick was a mock up I was thinking of making him a super hero.

Heh, looking forward to it.

William1193;326369 said:
I give u my cappy masterpiece
SpaceNinjaProffessional-1.jpg

His name is William the Conqueror, he is the super ancient decendent of the original william the conqueror who lives in the space age time traveling is not hard... so to stop his enemies he goes to the past and rapes and kills there mummies so they never born and he becomes king of everything... he knows super swordsmanship cause hes liek a space ninja oh yeah and he can shapeship...

Oh nice story, the image looks like it's been edited from a previous image and not original work. I need to remind you that you need to be able to draw your character over and over again. ^_^

X

Xeon

What about a scene from a movie scene seen with other eyes?

damnstoners.png

Not that mister damn stoner is much of a character :p

Vuf

He is a character that is based on a real life friend of mine, the character gets banned from WoW and we follow him as he copes with life after.

Picture comming later, it's on my other computer

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

thts why i mentioned it is a shapeshifter so it does not need to be any single shape and also check my deviant art it is my work i just decided to put my signature on top cause im a retard i got the original and layered version if u want proof... lol my space ninja may never need to be drawn again because of his shapeshifting powers...can i do that? btw im thinking of making a replacement so hold on for that

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Xeon;326564 said:
What about a scene from a movie scene seen with other eyes?

damnstoners.png

Not that mister damn stoner is much of a character :p

Vuf

He is a character that is based on a real life friend of mine, the character gets banned from WoW and we follow him as he copes with life after.

Picture comming later, it's on my other computer

Hey that sounds like it could be hilarious, looking forward to the picture!

As for your question regarding could we make it so that the opponents comic is a movie - sure, you can do anything you like within the rules haha

William1193;326565 said:
thts why i mentioned it is a shapeshifter so it does not need to be any single shape and also check my deviant art it is my work i just decided to put my signature on top cause im a retard i got the original and layered version if u want proof... lol my space ninja may never need to be drawn again because of his shapeshifting powers...can i do that? btw im thinking of making a replacement so hold on for that

Well the problem with 'shapeshifting' characters is that your opponent also has to draw your character.