• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crackdown coming to Xbox One

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
gt_massive_thumb_Crackdown_640x360_05-14-13.jpg

Last year Phil Spencer promised the series wasnt dead and as a fan of the original I was happy to see that the series hadnt been forgotten and now it has been officially announced at E3. With the original Crackdown creator Dave Jones is back at the helm too which is good news and coming to Xbox One.

This is not a re-release of the Crackdown, the Xbox 360 game of the same name, but an entirely new game.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Crackdown will let you wreck an entire city in 2016

Like the original, Crackdown 3 will allow players to target the various bosses throughout its open-world city in the order they see fit. Unlike the original, Crackdown 3 will — according to the promotional trailer — feature 100 percent destruction, using the Xbox One's cloud computing solution. The trailer claims the service provides 20 times more power than Microsoft's current console.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Okay that was pretty awesome, especially the full-blown destruction, but now I'm gonna be torn on whether or not to get this or go for Just Cause 3. :(

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Personally I hated crackdown, I much preferred the crackdown ripoff Saints row 3 & 4. :p

Edit: Holy ****, you can actually, literally, blow the god damn city up hahaha. That's crazy.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I liked Crackdown 1 but didn't think much of Crackdown 2, this looks to be closer to the original but with lots of ideas and tech that the 360 wasn't capable of pulling off.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well this throws my hype out the window for this game, damn. Turns out the full-scale city destruction is ONLY for multiplayer. Boooo. Was really hoping for some single-player love there as it would've offered some limitless fun and moments from here till the next game, instead such a feature will now last for however long they keep the servers alive. Ah well, there's still Just Cause 3 and its full-scale destruction instead.

http://www.destructoid.com/crackdown-3-s-full-on-destruction-is-only-in-multiplayer-297449.phtml

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The series was always more fun with friends anyway and I'm more impressed they can manage to make that sort of destruction on that scale for multiplayer. Normally it's single player that's the spectacle & multiplayer has to be stripped back to cater for more players & more things going on, on screen at once.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The series was always more fun with friends anyway and I'm more impressed they can manage to make that sort of destruction on that scale for multiplayer. Normally it's single player that's the spectacle & multiplayer has to be stripped back to cater for more players & more things going on, on screen at once.
Which makes it seem even more awkward to me that multiplayer is the only mode that will get this awesome feature, as it would've offered that extra layer of limitless replayability even for those who don't care much for multiplayer.