• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crazy cat lady syndrome.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just dropped my cats off at the vets to get neutered and I don't feel good. Oscar, the male is almost 2 years old and Luna, the female is only 4 months old. Usually I'd be fine, or I should be. They'll be fine, I know they will. The procedures are simple. Thing is, the last time I was in that vet surgery I lost my old cat Rowan who was, well, she was my baby. Laugh if you want. I grew up with her and adored her. It devastated me when I lost her, so irrationally in my mind bringing a pet there can mean anything, even losing them. With Rowan we took her there to make her better but simply found out she was dying and there wasn't much they could do. It came at a bad time in my life so I associate it with that time, and taking my new cats there isn't easy for me.

This all makes me feel like a crazy cat lady and yes, I got a little teary when I got back in the car. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Halp? Someone please laugh at me, or share their own stories of pet love. No beastiality stories pls.

I'll be over here, sobbing in their litterbox.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I had the urge to laugh, but then, I saw my own dog outside my window.

Rex, my German Shepherd, just turned 10 the day after Valentine's this year. The past one year has been a doozy for the two of us. First, some construction worker, who was working on fence between my place and my neighbour's, attacked Rex with a blow to the upper right back leg using a hammer, when the poor dog wanted to take a drink from his bowl next to the fence. Entirely my fault for forgetting to move the bowl away. He fractured his femur, and was stuck inside my room for the next 4 months. I remember the number of times he woke me up in my sleep just to let me know he did his business in his side of the room. It would have been disgusting, but I couldn't be mad at my dog for not being able to walk out of the room himself.

Nowadays, all he ever does is sleep and limp around the living room. He was the most hyperactive thing in a 5 mile radius for years, and now...

I spoke to my best friend, who is studying veterinary science in Perth, and she told me that most German Shepherds live up to the age of 10-13. So here I am, worried, that he may fall into pain soon, or may already be in pain. He's been there with me for 10 years. 10 years of friendship, and all of that may end soon.

I'm just so frustrated that he can't tell me if he's in pain. I just hope the best.

Reaction score
I have this cat called Ollie, he's the strangest cat my family have ever had, he's reached maturity but he's unbelivably small and stocky and has massive eyes like he has a thyroid disorder or something (we all think he's cute though, in the family at least,) people always note how strange he is not just the way he looks but the way he acts too. He's scared of almost everything and is very avoidant of just about anything else, he went missing for a month a while ago and came back all dirty and crazy looking < he's been really strange since. :/

He has this habit of crawling around in the garden outside too as if he's hiding from something (even though 99.9% of the time there's nothing there,) like he thinks he's a soldier in the bush or something....Makes you wonder what happened to him when he went missing all that time.

He has a good friendship with our other cat though Jessie, she's just had kittens not long ago but strangely she doesn't mind when Ollie goes near them or even sleeps in the cat bed next to them, most trusting mother cat I've ever seen. :lol: Funnily enough the he still does his spec-ops style sneak attempts when he's near them sometimes like he's scared of them or something.

I'm probably closer to Ollie though than any other pets though, those big fried egg eyes'll always have a place in my heart

Funny, funny cat....

Anyways hope it goes ok for your cats at the vets, I'm sure they'll be fine. They're in good hands.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had the urge to laugh

>.>
Rex, my German Shepherd, just turned 10 the day after Valentine's this year. The past one year has been a doozy for the two of us. First, some construction worker, who was working on fence between my place and my neighbour's, attacked Rex with a blow to the upper right back leg using a hammer, when the poor dog wanted to take a drink from his bowl next to the fence. Entirely my fault for forgetting to move the bowl away. He fractured his femur, and was stuck inside my room for the next 4 months. I remember the number of times he woke me up in my sleep just to let me know he did his business in his side of the room. It would have been disgusting, but I couldn't be mad at my dog for not being able to walk out of the room himself.

I would've castrated the man who hurt your dog. In fact, I still can. Just give me a name. I have a soft spot for dogs too, if it wasn't for the cats and an all round family laziness(for the purpose of morning dog walks) we would have one.
I spoke to my best friend, who is studying veterinary science in Perth, and she told me that most German Shepherds live up to the age of 10-13. So here I am, worried, that he may fall into pain soon, or may already be in pain. He's been there with me for 10 years. 10 years of friendship, and all of that may end soon.

You never know he might live well past the average. It really depends on the dog. My other cat Daisy passed away earlier last year and she lived only a few years of two decades, 18 years. The average for female cats is around 16. It's best not to dread on what will inevitably come along, enjoy what time you have and don't think about it.
I have this cat called Ollie, he's the strangest cat my family have ever had, he's reached maturity but he's unbelivably small and stocky and has massive eyes like he has a thyroid disorder or something (we all think he's cute though, in the family at least,) people always note how strange he is not just the way he looks but the way he acts too. He's scared of almost everything and is very avoidant of just about anything else, he went missing for a month a while ago and came back all dirty and crazy looking < he's been really strange since. :/

Rowan was a strange puddy, a total oddball but that's why I loved her so much. Tubby little thing with a broken tail. Her tail was broken either by a total accident or someone attacked her. If I ever found out the latter was fact, I'd hunt them down. She had big amber eyes, I even made up a song about her. But uh... I'll save that for another time.

Daisy went missing for 6 weeks once, and we thought there was a good chance we had lost her for good. Then after 6 weeks she popped up on the window sill like nothing ever happened. Cats are trolls. I'm telling you.
He has a good friendship with our other cat though Jessie, she's just had kittens not long ago but strangely she doesn't mind when Ollie goes near them or even sleeps in the cat bed next to them, most trusting mother cat I've ever seen. :lol: Funnily enough the he still does his spec-ops style sneak attempts when he's near them sometimes like he's scared of them or something.

Oscar and Luna have grown close very quickly, they nap together all the time, practically spooning one another. Even the vet commented on how content they both seem being in the cat carrier together. We only have one, as we usually only take one cat to the vet usually, if ever. I think they preferred it that way anyway.
Anyways hope it goes ok for your cats at the vets, I'm sure they'll be fine. They're in good hands.

I know, I know. Got a call from the vet a few minutes ago, and they're doing fine. Both surgery went perfectly. I worried for nothing, as I already knew. Picking them up in 45 minutes once they've rested a little.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
aEMt87T.png

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Yeah, that was wrong of me to say.

Thanks, though. I should be spending more time with him, more quality time. I'll just have to get a new keyboard just in case he goes after my current one while I spend time with him while I use my com.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, that was wrong of me to say.

Naaah, I took it as a joke. :thumbsup:

Update: My cats are both high as f*** because of the pain killers. Oscar just rubbed his head on the side of my laptop like "Duuude... it's so... soft, like, woah."

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Long ago we had two cats. One drowned after breaking into my neighbor's garage and falling into the pit (it was full of cold water).
The other, male one, probably had a fight with the other cats in the neighborhood and an injury on his hind leg eventually turned out so bad he stopped eating and eventually passed away.
Now those were real shockers.
After that we got another one, a female. It's always fun to have more than one cat right, but things went downhill from here. Through the years there were around seven cats in total, which we wanted to keep, but ultimately lost. The causes include, but are not limited to: getting lost, mauled by neighbor's dogs, getting stuck between windows and choking.
Now we have a single cat. I love him and while I can say I'd be very sad if he passed away, I don't think it'd be too bad. Perhaps I have simply accepted it by now.

The sadder story is with my grandmother's dog. He's not old, or maybe he is, I've seen him grow up from a puppy and my sense of time might be jaded (which it usually is). He's a mixed breed, something between a greyhound and German Shepard. A hyperactive dog, basically been a puppy his hole life and that's the thing like about him. But now his hind legs are failing. He can barely walk, let alone run and greet me when I visit. He doesn't sit still, though, but rather drags himself around. Quite similar to D-Ray, I believe, though he didn't have an accident. I heard larger dogs often have this problem - and especially him, since he has very long and thin legs and a big body, one would say he has an odd shape overall.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Long ago we had two cats. One drowned after breaking into my neighbor's garage and falling into the pit (it was full of cold water).
The other, male one, probably had a fight with the other cats in the neighborhood and an injury on his hind leg eventually turned out so bad he stopped eating and eventually passed away.
Now those were real shockers.
After that we got another one, a female. It's always fun to have more than one cat right, but things went downhill from here. Through the years there were around seven cats in total, which we wanted to keep, but ultimately lost. The causes include, but are not limited to: getting lost, mauled by neighbor's dogs, getting stuck between windows and choking.
Now we have a single cat. I love him and while I can say I'd be very sad if he passed away, I don't think it'd be too bad. Perhaps I have simply accepted it by now.

The sadder story is with my grandmother's dog. He's not old, or maybe he is, I've seen him grow up from a puppy and my sense of time might be jaded (which it usually is). He's a mixed breed, something between a greyhound and German Shepard. A hyperactive dog, basically been a puppy his hole life and that's the thing like about him. But now his hind legs are failing. He can barely walk, let alone run and greet me when I visit. He doesn't sit still, though, but rather drags himself around. Quite similar to D-Ray, I believe, though he didn't have an accident. I heard larger dogs often have this problem - and especially him, since he has very long and thin legs and a big body, one would say he has an odd shape overall.

And here I was complaining about the cats I still have alive and well. Sorry to hear about all your kitties and your grandmother's dog. It might be worth getting a vet to look at him if you don't think he's that old. But that's up to you, or your grandmother really.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
On a side note; are those things available in Lacky-size?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Its funny you say that because he designed it.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
There are four cats who live at my house. None of them have really mastered the "litter box" concept. The bastards.

And my dog is old and wore out and it's sad DON'T DIE TAZ. He's like... 14? And it sucks.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Come to think of it, Walker has an extreme case of the syndrome, but without the cats.