• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cross-Device File Transfer

What Do You Think?

• It's not possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's probably inaccessible.

• It's likely encrypted.

• It's most likely unreadable.

• Total voters

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out over the last couple of days if you can get a file (or several) off of an Xbox 360 to a PC, the reason for this is that I wanted to transfer some of the audio files from games that I have.

I'm not completely certain, but I believe that a game can be installed onto a Flash Drive and played from it, so would this mean that the files would then be located on said Drive?

I've been looking into this for a while, but I've yet to actually try installing a game, as I have the feeling it would take quite an amount of time to do so. So there's just a couple of things I wanted to ask anyone that thinks they could help.

1. Do you know if it's possible to install onto a Flash Drive?
2. Are the files encrypted, unreadable or inaccessible in some way?
3. Do you think that it's possible to actually get the files off of the flash drive and then use them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Just to note: I don't plan on doing much with them, I just wanted to mess around with the sounds on my computer.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
1. Yes. (Just make sure it's big enough)
2. Yes & No, the Xbox uses it's own file format so you need a 3rd-party software to access them.
3. Yes.

The process of it all can be a headache if you don't know what you're doing and only some audio extractors work with certain games, and so on. If it's just the music you want, you can see if the soundtrack is available online for purchase.There are easier alternative methods to get the audio/music of your favorite games, but unfortunately they're illegal.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
There are easier alternative methods to get the audio/music of your favorite games, but unfortunately they're illegal.

Wouldn't it be ok if you actually own the game already? Like if you purchase a game you can download it illegally, even if you don't have a physical copy (yet).

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ok if you actually own the game already? Like if you purchase a game you can download it illegally, even if you don't have a physical copy (yet).
He could, but it would be an ISO when he already owns the disc, wouldn't make things much easier for him due to how the software works.

I was referring to the free downloading of audio rips/soundtracks though, which would be a lot easier, but it's not legal (even though a lot of people like to believe that it is) because it falls under the same intellectual property law as normal music.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I was referring to the free downloading of audio rips/soundtracks though, which would be a lot easier, but it's not legal (even though a lot of people like to believe that it is) because it falls under the same intellectual property law as normal music.
Yeah I got that, but since I wasn't sure, I asked. Makes sense though that the music itself falls under different rules.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
...the Xbox uses it's own file format so you need a 3rd-party software to access them....
So would PC Audio Extraction Tools (Like AudioExtract for Mass Effect) work with the data?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So would PC Audio Extraction Tools (Like AudioExtract for Mass Effect) work with the data?
Never tried it before so I don't know, but you can use wx360 or s360x to extract the audio from a 360 game. Like I said, some games use different audio and archive formats than what's supported and for that, you'll need a different software (what those are, I don't know.. but Google is your friend).

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
-What You've Written-
Thanks for the help, I'll post on here the results, just in case anyone else wanted to know something like this.
EDIT: I'm installing it now... It's definitely going to take a while.