• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Differences Between Fable And TLC?

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
Differences Between Fable And TLC?

I just wanted to know what are the differences between Fable and The Lost Chapters? It's just that people are always talking about things to do with TLC, and I think I only have the original Fable (I downloaded it from the Xbox 360 Marketplace, so it's not a hard copy), and i'm not really sure what the changes are. I'm pretty sure Knothole Glade is only available in TLC, but that's all I know. Thanks :).

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Differences Between Fable And TLC?

In Fable the lost Chapters, a new part of the story is introduced after the fight against Jack of Blades. The guild has been rebuilt, however it seems that danger over Albion isn't over. You will soon be driven (after a set of events and an interesting mini-game) To the northest part of Albion. Where you will learn more about Jack of Blades and the story behind him.

Plus, you will be able to obtain more silver keys, weapons and various different things. A new town Snowspire is introduced. Knothole Glade is available in both versions of the first Fable game.

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score

Ah, I see. So are there new weapons and things as well? And i'm assuming the Guild was destroyed from what you said, so did the Guildmaster die? I'm not very far into the game yet, but "Your health is low" is annoying me already xD.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

You can disable the "Your Health is low" From the game options, MissAlbion89. Just give them a check. The Guild has been rebuilt after the battle against Jack of Blades, however the Guildmaster is still there. (however after you finally beat Fable The Lost Chapters he doesn't talk)

There are new weapons. The Avo Tear was introduced, a legendary weapon that is the direct counterpart of the Sword of Aeons. You can only obtain that weapon if you don't kill your sister and you drop the sword into the wortex. A small quest will be available, you will obtain the Tear of Avo upon its completion.

There are also other new weapons that can be found into the new demon doors and chests.

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score

Oh, new Demon Doors you say? That's one thing I love about the Fable series, DEMON DOORS! Haha, i've opened them all in Fable 2, but i've only opened two of them in Fable, the one in Rose Cottage and the one in Darkwood (I think, he sends loads of Hobbes at you). And I know they're making a return, I could see one in the background of the Fable III videos where it shows you Brightwall :).

GrimWhim

Reaction score

There are new spells, new weapons, new items, new expressions, new gear, new quests, etc.

I mean, there's not a mountain of new stuff but plenty of it isn't in the original and it adds a few extra hours of gameplay for sure.

Basically, if you want to know whether it's worth it or not I'd say that is a definite yes.

Reaction score

The changes they made to Fable by adding TLC sound great, but The original(REAL) Fable is better IMO partly because the Hero's Guild was SUPPOSED to be destroyed, it's part of the story for crying out loud, they even talk about it in Fable II, Partially just because it IS the original, and partially because you can't get the REAL Sword of Aeons in Fable:TLC(in Fable it does 550 damage and in TLC it only does 230). This is my opinion.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

For both Fable games, if you don't skip the credits, you can play past. In the original Fable, after the credits, is the Hero's Guild rebuilt? I would assume so. The canon reason for the destruction of the Hero's Guild in Fable II is that in the period between Fable I and Fable II, with Jack of Blades killed, the regular people feel that they don't need Heroes anymore and that they were too powerful. With the invention of firearms, the regular people killed off most of the heroes.

The main reason I would say TLC is better than the original is Snowspire (You can sell any items there) and Archon's Battle Armour.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Why does nobody mention the enemies?
Ice Trolls, Frost Balverines, Summoners, Wraiths and... well that's it...

Reaction score
thats why the put "fable the lost chapters" on the forums here instead of just "fable" it is such a big extension of the game and i would never buy a normal fable copy

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

The changes they made to Fable by adding TLC sound great, but The original(REAL) Fable is better IMO partly because the Hero's Guild was SUPPOSED to be destroyed, it's part of the story for crying out loud, they even talk about it in Fable II, Partially just because it IS the original, and partially because you can't get the REAL Sword of Aeons in Fable:TLC(in Fable it does 550 damage and in TLC it only does 230). This is my opinion.

Actually... Lore says that the guild fell after the fall of Jack of Blades. TLC or not, that doesn't happen in any of the games. Jack destroys the guild hall, but not the guild itself. There were so many existing members that they were able to rebuild.

EDIT: I just noticed how old this thread was. Wtf, thread bumping?

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
And there's a whore house. Or "Bordello" as they call it.

tristan5042

Reaction score
Well there is a big problem with fable the lost chapters apparently they also didn't just lose some chapters they also lost the ability to save more than 10 times in TLC. This happened to me and it really ****ed me off cause I was just about to beat the final boss *Spoiler so I'm not saying anymore than that*, so I saved and apparently that was 1 too many times and I lost all my progress. :mad: I would say that the lost chapters was much better than the original except of the god damn saving glitch I have to rate it a 2 out of 10. Otherwise it would be 9 of 10 on my scale. So now I have resorted to my original game which I would rate 7 of 10. Hope this helps deciding, and if you do get TLC be warned and good luck on not acquiring the glitch with it. Maybe if you download it from the marketplace you won't get the glitch.

Good Luck
:thumbsup:

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Bit of an old thread to have started back up, though I guess you're allowed to do that now anyway, for the Fable I section at least.
I started with the first Fable on my Xbox, finished it 19 times, with three of those having an entirely messed up storyline due to the power of glitches.
Then, after about 3 years of searching, I found TLC. It was a computer copy, but I thought, what the heck? As much as the new vanilla content added to the game, I think the best part of TLC for me was the... Chocolate(?) content.
As everyone said though, even if you haven't been on the forum since August, it is definitely worth it.