• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DLC Not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman2021

Reaction score
I just downloaded the dye pack (250mb.... a 2 second download..?). Anyway, I can't find the dye pack on my dye wall or the gift section.... how do you find it?

Something fishy is going on here...

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
it was a gift when i received it.

have you tried re-downloading it?

Iceman2021

Reaction score
weird, I restarted my xbox and all of the sudden it was there...

problem solved

Veryl

Reaction score
If you download the DLC in game you have to reload the game for it to work. Yeah, I know... Why have the options to download DLC in game if you have to restart the game?

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
it saves you having to check the marketplace, you download it then use it the next time you play

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I just downloaded the dye pack (250mb.... a 2 second download..?). Anyway, I can't find the dye pack on my dye wall or the gift section.... how do you find it?

Something fishy is going on here...
My guess is that it was already in the game, but wehad to pay for the unlocking.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense and provides evidence for my "they cut content purposely" theory.
Oh of course they (MS, not LH) cut it purposedly. Take as an example the Dye Pack description, were it, and I'm paraphrasing here, says "Get the long awaited black dye!" If it was available in day 1 (for a shot while, but it still was) how did they know it was going to be long awaited? They took away the most used dye and charged for it. Which is, in my opinion, a low yet excellent plan. I mean, I bought it today, along with all the other DLC....

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Oh of course they (MS, not LH) cut it purposedly. Take as an example the Dye Pack description, were it, and I'm paraphrasing here, says "Get the long awaited black dye!" If it was available in day 1 (for a shot while, but it still was) how did they know it was going to be long awaited? They took away the most used dye and charged for it. Which is, in my opinion, a low yet excellent plan. I mean, I bought it today, along with all the other DLC....

I wouldn't have an issue with the DLC if it weren't for the fact that I'm poor. I mean, this stuff adds up.

$80 for the Limited Edition copy.
$8 for Xbox Live per month ($96 per year)
$?? for DLC

Of course, $1 or $2 for a DLC isn't too bad but they keep that up with a bunch of stuff and you'll be spending more money than you thought you would.

Veryl

Reaction score

I don't think Microsoft has say in what kind of DLC Lionhead puts out. They can only pressure them to put it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.