• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DLC Worth it?

TotallyEpic

Reaction score
DLC Worth it?

Hey,

Just finished the Fable II story and can't stop playing it. Are the two DLC packs worth it? I read online that events in those DLC packs will carry over into Fable III. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Chris

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: DLC Worth it?

No, you don't require anything from Fable II's DLC for Fable III. The only thing that will pass to Fable III will be your final Fable II choice that will eventually apply little changes in your Albion. (such as a zone is richer or poor and such minimalistic changes)

However, Fable II's DLC's are good and provide a certain degree of fun, also if you have lost your faithful companion you may bring your dog back to life with Knothole Island DLC.

This depends on every person and Fable II player, to be honest. Therefore, you should check them out fourthly yourself using various review sites and/or youtube videos, which will give you an idea of what the DLCs really give you, a Fable II player as an additional experience to the game.

TotallyEpic

Reaction score

Ah, thanks. I read on the Fable 3 Wikia that decisions in both DLC packs carry over. I think I'll get them anyway, just to complete the experience. In any instance, more Fable II in my books aint a bad thing :p

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

You get some cool stuff in the Island expansion, so i'd reccoment it. Also in the other one, you can get some cool costums and new dog breeds. Also the Collosium is a very commanly played online multiplayer mode that most people in fable 2 play.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

TotallyEpic;435344 said:
Ah, thanks. I read on the Fable 3 Wikia that decisions in both DLC packs carry over. I think I'll get them anyway, just to complete the experience. In any instance, more Fable II in my books aint a bad thing :p
No offence to any other serious Fable wikia editor. However, Fable's wikia has a lot of false and invalid information. That place needs a lot of cleaning. Furthermore, the best thing is to rely on a search engine and the the official 「Lionhead Community」 (and other Fable Communities as well, as long as they refer where they took the information from)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

^ As long as the search engine doesn't lead you to the Fable Wiki, that is.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;435357 said:
^ As long as the search engine doesn't lead you to the Fable Wiki, that is.
If you have a certain degree of intelligence and further interest of researching a subject then you will know the few "tricks" or rather the proper/correct use of a search engine, which will make you avoid certain sites from even appearing in your search results.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Thanks for insulting me again Dark, really appreciate it =]

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Nah, we sorted it out.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Yea, both DLCs are more than worth the Microsoft points you have to pay for them. And I think what you might be referring to when you say they carry over to Fable 3 is what happens in the See the Future DLC. It just has to do with Fable 3, but it won't be something that will affect your Fable 3 experience. That's all I'll say though, don't want to spoil it for ya. ^_^

MrNoob

Reaver's Fanatic
Premium
Reaction score

Honestly the two DLCs, much like your name, are totally epic. They're so fun to do, especially the certain areas and shops that are only in the areas of the DLCs (tried hard to not spoil anything hah)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

DLC's Worth it? Heck yes! not only do you get a couple more clothes and Dyes to play with. But you can change your dog to a couple of differen't breeds if you wanted to (Husky :wub:, Hounddog..) so on. I like them. They're fun!!

xeenx77

Reaction score

Just buy the GOTY>>

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

xeenx77;435586 said:
Just buy the GOTY>>

That's so much more expensive and it doesn't offer anything that the DLCs don't already have.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;435633 said:
That's so much more expensive and it doesn't offer anything that the DLCs don't already have.
I don't think so. The game costs 10-20 Euros, same as the cost of the DLC's or less than the two DLC's together.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I think he meant that, considering the OP already has the stock Fable II, then getting the GOTY instead of just the DLC is a waste

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

It's the same in my opinion, also having the DLC's on the same disk is way better, especially for Fable II that has a lot of issues related to the DLCs in the hard drive.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

The GOTY edition costs $20, and so does a 1600 Microsoft point card, which you would need to get both DLCs if you didn't have any Microsoft points already. The difference is that if you buy the points, you have some points left over after you get both DLCs. So technically, the two of them together are cheaper than the GOTY edition and you get more out of your money.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I still believe that the GOTY could cost less than both the DLCs if you buy it from the right place and the right price.