• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anbody miss having katanas,axes,cleavers etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anbody miss having katanas,axes,cleavers, crossbows etc.?

underthestarrysky

Lionheart.
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with having to choose between a hammer, sword, pistol, or rifle. I think that by getting rid of those other weapons they cleaned up the whole weaponry thing, though I can see how it limits people. Then again, the hero character IS royalty. I don't think they would be running around with a crossbow, you know? But I do think it takes away from the whole badass-ness of your character. :p
I think that over the course of 50 years people began to think that katanas, axes, cleavers and crossbows were a little outdated - well, my reasoning for why Lionhead would want to get rid of them.

xxcYyLOnexx

Diamond Miner
Reaction score
i miss them. why do only hollow men and bandits get these cool weapons?

Erika

Reaction score
i miss thim yes but i under stand the crossbows being taken. thay could have don to the kutanas cutlasses and maces the way thay did the hamer and normal swords.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
I miss two handed swords... they were so much better than our current tooth-picks.

Jonas Green

Reaction score
I miss two handed swords... they were so much better than our current tooth-picks.
Ya, I miss the Great Swords most of all. No idea why they were cut. But I can do without crossbows, katanas, and cleavers.

Never was much of a katana lover. Rising Sun was an AWESOME cleaver though, probably in my top 5 of legendary weapons from Fable 2.

Tiny5th

Reaction score
Were there even great swords in fable 2? I don't remember having one, but always used them in TLC

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
I miss that one katana you get from that one place near garth tower. Awesome weapon.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I miss Cleavers. Awesome weapons.

Jonas Green

Reaction score
Were there even great swords in fable 2? I don't remember having one, but always used them in TLC

Nope. Great Swords only existed in Fable 1 and TLC. Damnit I miss those swords. Maybe in the next DLC (If LH stops dragging their feet and make worthwhile DLC that is) they could include at least ONE Two-handed sword.

Paladin-MoonKing

Reaction score
I understand why they took away Bow and Arrow. I understand why they took away crossbows. I think they could have done with keeping Katanas and Cleavers and the like, though. Greatswords were my FAVORITE Fable weapons. I was very, very dissapointed when they took them out of Fable 2. I hoped they'd bring them back for Fable 3, but I guess not. I only hope they don't keep taking weapons away, or we won't have any left in fable 4. lol

Khalin

Reaction score
I miss the old-fashioned, very large one-handed swords, as well as long bows.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Axes never get outdated. I think they should have used axes instead of hammers.

As for crossbows and bows, I don't care for em. I actually prefer rifles and pistols.

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Well we still can't abuse people with our fists on Fable III.

Khalin

Reaction score
Axes never get outdated. I think they should have used axes instead of hammers.

As for crossbows and bows, I don't care for em. I actually prefer rifles and pistols.
I hate crossbows as well, but I also dislike rifles. I do like pistols, but longbows are always going to win my heart over. I rarely play a ranged-type character in RPG's anyways, however I got seduced by the awesomeness of Skorm's Bow in Fable I [at least until I get the Harbinger].

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
I loved cleavers. Probably my favorite weapon besides the staff you got in Fable 2 for Knothole Island. But I also adored hammers until this game. They are simply too slow for my liking now. I mean, they were fine in Fable 2 because you could max the speed and hit rather fast (also using raise dead and time control was very helpful), and I could use the pistols without fear of growing five feet so I could merely shot the more annoying creatures before smashing their faces into the ground. :mad:

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
i think lionhead needs to listen to us and put greatswords in the next dlc or a hero greatsword without the **** bone handle morth i'm the king of albion i want the biggest baddest mother ****er of a sword the world has ever seen, and i want to crush with it, no sword shall ever be like this one, the avenger is its name

Status
Not open for further replies.