• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Duplication Glitch is patched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krogan

Reaction score
1/12/10 patch killed it.
it makes you save when you reject/accept gifts now.

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Haha I have not downloaded the patch yet better duplicate as much crap as possible!

Krogan

Reaction score
You cant delete you cache and try it either, it says that this save was on a more up to date version of the game, damn you LH.

Epiternal

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up there, no way in hell am I installing that patch then. That ****ing annoys me, the game was essentially glitch capital, it had disappearing spouses, missions that can't be completed, game crashes sometimes when saving and they chose to correct the only bloody glitch that people actually liked, that's harsh.

Krogan

Reaction score
This patch has made getting all the legendaries nigh on impossible now :/

Epiternal

Reaction score
This patch has made getting all the legendaries nigh on impossible now :/

Not impossible, just harder. You can still rely on now are the weapons you already duped, your other rare items like long hair, the weapons in shops and free give away threads, maybe even unused codes if you're more eager to get the achievement than use it.

Eremis

Reaction score
Gives me more incentive to play through the game again :3 Think of it this way: the game will last longer 8D

Epiternal

Reaction score
Gives me more incentive to play through the game again :3 Think of it this way: the game will last longer 8D

It's a cheap strategy for adding replay value, anyone with half a brain can see that, I'd like the replay the game for fun, not out of obligation to maybe strike lucky and get one of the weapons I haven't already got...I'm not speaking from my own perspective either, I've got all the weapons. xP

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
You can still dupe items. You move your save onto a USB stick, copy it to your comp, then take all items (or just the ones you want), give them to another profile, delete the save you just emptied, copy the save back to the USB (from your comp) and repeat

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
You can still dupe items. You move your save onto a USB stick, copy it to your comp, then take all items (or just the ones you want), give them to another profile, delete the save you just emptied, copy the save back to the USB (from your comp) and repeat
Honestly, why are you all obsessed with cheating! Just play the f*****g game, or don't! But stop belly aching, and thinking of ridiculously complicated ways of cheating. You're all giving me an e-headache!

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Honestly, why are you all obsessed with cheating! Just play the f*****g game, or don't! But stop belly aching, and thinking of ridiculously complicated ways of cheating. You're all giving me an e-headache!
I only know that because it's the only way to backup my saves in case they get corrupted

EFDisaster

Reaction score
I have this partially completed playthrough that I was collecting and finishing some fully augmented / upgraded weapons on and I decided to try to finish a few and duplicate them, before I downloaded this patch... then I fell through the floor when I got to the the balverines on the Masquerade quest! It figures, right? I managed to get through it by loading the last save, but I think it's funny that my first negative glitch directly related to this patch happened while I was "cheating" and delaying the download.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
I think it's good that this is patched. It's supposed to be hard to collect the money while still doing good, as it would be in real life.

StringWail

Reaction score
Hey so how do you do that, patched by mistake and promised a few friends all weapons and now can't deliver unless I can do it another way?

EDIT - Nevermind, worked it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.