• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ending- what the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Reaction score
*Spoilers*

I was being a good guy this playthrough, kept all my promises, rebuilt orphanage, etc which put my treasury in a lot of debt. I wasn't worried since I own everything in Albion and can raise the money to save everybody. I was at day 120 something to go until the darkness came and after doing a mission, continued on. Next thing I know, it's day 0 and I have to go down and fight the damn thing.

So in the end, I'm the hero of albion but everyone's dead! If I had known it was about to zoom forward in time I wouldn't have continued. I was trying to save my personal money (was about 4.5 million) so I could reach the key in my vault, then transfer the money into the palace vault to save everyone.

Now I'm stuck walking around ghost towns with only the guards to fool with. Lionhead couldn't throw in one line of voiceover to tell me that I better get the money before I continue on? Did this confuse you guys too?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Heres 2 things you can do:

Keep putting money in the treasury. The people will slowly but eventually come back.

Restart, buy only shops, set the price to highest, play the story and watch the money roll in. When you become king/queen start to buy houses, set the prices to high, then wait until you have about 8-8.5 mil and continue the king/queen storyline.

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
Heres 2 things you can do:

Keep putting money in the treasury. The people will slowly but eventually come back.

Restart, buy only shops, set the price to highest, play the story and watch the money roll in. When you become king/queen start to buy houses, set the prices to high, then wait until you have about 8-8.5 mil and continue the king/queen storyline.

I've only played it once so far, but when i did, I kept most prices on normal, but in Bowerstone Industrial and Mistpeak on low (i feel bad for the poor), and I still had millions and millions by the end, enough to throw all my money in there and do every good option. Maybe I'm just a fantastic businessman.

SebClem

Reaction score
I don't understand how people did cotton on to the fact that if you do your King's Duties - time zooms by. SO - save the money before completing the kings quiests... Simple.
I only did one day and then all of a sudden it skips about 60 days or something, then I compeleted another day and all of a sudden its skipped 100 days! By then I was sat there thinking... erm, maybe if I stop doing the kings quests time the days won't shoot by.

There are so many people who blitzed the game and are crying at the end - surely people must've thought to try and slow the game down?

CodoDeMono

Reaction score
Yea, I noticed a big chunk of time was going by each time and decided to spend my time working on my weapons while the money rolled in. Unless you notice the days going by so fast it's hard to make enough money to do every good option, a warning popping up on the screen would be helpful for people on their first playthrough but the 'Days Remaining' notice on the loading screen is pretty big.

smush-smush

Reaction score
I noticed, but I still wanted to get through the story...my current playthrough, I had like 7 mil gold before I became king...still wish they wouldn't have jumped so many days and included more duties and quests, like jumping every 35 days or so

laura

Reaction score
This also made me kind of freak out and I had like 5 days of all day gaming of a ghost town...I was about to start over and get as much money as I could to see if I would have people bc I thought I messed up or something, but as soon as I was about to stop, people just suddenly popped up and everything was populated again, I also slept for like 3 fable "days" straight... and it seemed to make everything move along quicker... people will re-populate eventually, I promise!

Oh... and btw... I got the key at the top of my treasury and NOTHING happened... like, not even my key counter popped up, it just disappeared :/

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, another fault on the list.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
At least there wasn't anyone left that could remember you as the leader who destroyed Albion right?

Epiternal

Reaction score
They really didn't give you enough notice as to how much time you had. It should have either let you continue getting money when you had one day remaining or put you at day 2 and state specifically that you require 1 day preparation for the attack, it never actually effected me, I had 6 Million before I even became king, but I can see how it would catch some out.

SebClem

Reaction score
Yeah but surely you would have seen that like 60 days have passed in a big chunk and thought 'this is going a little quickly'.

The first thing I thought after completing the first day was - 'crap, I need 6 mil and I've only got 2k in my personal funds!'

Did that not occur to anyone else?

OwNzOr

Reaction score

Yeah but surely you would have seen that like 60 days have passed in a big chunk and thought 'this is going a little quickly'.

The first thing I thought after completing the first day was - 'crap, I need 6 mil and I've only got 2k in my personal funds!'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well ofcourse it did. Once i knew i had to collect 6.5million i went and bought every house in albion. The part i didn't know was that they would throw one debt after the other at my face. Being good just destroyed the planet :s...​

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Oh... and btw... I got the key at the top of my treasury and NOTHING happened... like, not even my key counter popped up, it just disappeared :/
It opens a chest underneath your gold pile

CodoDeMono

Reaction score

Yea, that confused me too but if you transfer your personal money to the treasury you can use the key to open the chest under your gold pile and get a nice shiny legendary weapon from it.

SebClem

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Well ofcourse it did. Once i knew i had to collect 6.5million i went and bought every house in albion. The part i didn't know was that they would throw one debt after the other at my face. Being good just destroyed the planet :s...​

Sorry to say it, but again, after the first day didn't you think that by keeping your promises you'd have to save some extra money?

Look at the first king option - you can lower taxes and all of a sudden all the money in the treasury has gone! Balls! then with every other option, more and more money gets soaked up.

Epiternal

Reaction score

Yea, I'm pretty sure we all saw that, I got my 6.5 Mill in on day 126, but the rate at which it went was faster than expected and it was never clear exactly how many days you had left. I had no idea it was the last day till it would have been too late had I not already filled up my treasury.

SebClem

Reaction score
Yea, I'm pretty sure we all saw that, I got my 6.5 Mill in on day 126, but the rate at which it went was faster than expected and it was never clear exactly how many days you had left. I had no idea it was the last day till it would have been too late had I not already filled up my treasury.
But you still managed to cotton on to the fact that you had to slow down.

Some people have gotten really angry about it, but its a game, the whole point of fable is your actions have consequences.

laura

Reaction score
It opens a chest underneath your gold pile
Yea, that confused me too but if you transfer your personal money to the treasury you can use the key to open the chest under your gold pile and get a nice shiny legendary weapon from it.

Oh! ok thanks! I haven't got my treasury low yet... I own every house and it just gets bigger and bigger... for some reason when I try to transfer to the castle treasury I can only do it in 10000 increments

andymac525

Reaction score
Oh! ok thanks! I haven't got my treasury low yet... I own every house and it just gets bigger and bigger... for some reason when I try to transfer to the castle treasury I can only do it in 10000 increments
i can do it in one million increments.

CodoDeMono

Reaction score

You should be able to transfer 1,000,000 at a time, which still takes a while since you need 5,000,000 at least to get to the key. It's worth taking the time though because of the decent reward. I'm guessing the weapon you get is random but I got the Dragonstomper .48 from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.