• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ending- what the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebClem

Reaction score
Yeah the ending was a *little* bit of a let-down... but it goes in line with how they've dumbed down Fable 3 to appeal to more gamers. The stupid 50 weapons achievement is probably their way of making gamers spend way more time on the game than they'd actually want to.

i felt the same about the gnomes, books and flowers... people actually got all of those?! I couldn't be bothered. I shto gnomes as and when i saw them screw going through the whole game to find them.

Bookwyrm12

Reaction score
I don't understand how people did cotton on to the fact that if you do your King's Duties - time zooms by. SO - save the money before completing the kings quiests... Simple.
I only did one day and then all of a sudden it skips about 60 days or something, then I compeleted another day and all of a sudden its skipped 100 days! By then I was sat there thinking... erm, maybe if I stop doing the kings quests time the days won't shoot by.

There are so many people who blitzed the game and are crying at the end - surely people must've thought to try and slow the game down?

I doubt anyone expected the game to skip from day 160 to day 0 without any warning. It seemed much more likely that the game would stop on day 2 and military preparations would be made; what sort of moron would hear Theresa say ''you have one year today'' and not make preparations even on the last day before the anniversary? So, people are angry at it because of the lack of warning. It gave warning in Fables 1 and 2 before you charged off to do the final mission, why wouldn't it here? And day 180 to day 0 is a pretty damn big gap even with the pattern of so many days going by at a time.
You honestly expect everyone to expect a particularly large jump at the end, with no warning whatsoever? I slowed the game down as you said on my first playthrough, and after several mind numbingly boring hours I decided to do one more quest, just to give me something to do. I think you can imagine which it was.

To be honest though at this point I find it difficult to care. The ending was horribly generic anyway, so I really haven't missed much.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I didnt realise you had to save the money the first time I played. Partly because theres no sound on my XBox and partly because the subtitles are TINY. So I dont bother reading them mostly.
I got really annoyed when I finally figured it out and I had NO money.
Even though Albion citizens annoy me so much, I missed going on massacres when the guards just stand there like: Yeah, OK, shoot me then or crush me with your hammer, your choice.
I thought the boss battle was a let down aswell.

I think the writers made the same mistake in Fable 2 and 3, they spent so long making up sidequests and didnt spend anough time on the main storyline.

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
I didn't know you had to save money until I read this forum. xD But as soon as I became Queen, I had about 14mil anyways.

But after the first time skip, it doesn't take rocket science to realize 'Oh, looks like they meant a metaphorical year. Maybe I should do everything I can when I get the chance as to avoid making any mistakes'. They also gave you lots of clues that you probably needed A LOT in the treasurey (I mean, Logan needed lots of money, and then the darker options gave you a ton). Or maybe that's just how my mind works.

caladan

Reaction score
I agree that the finale kinda sneaks up on you. Its fine if you are being good an all and deposit your own money into the treasury. Or if your being completely evil and taking money out and leaving your citizens to rot. But if you are trying get enough money to save all the citizens, without donating any of your own, it becomes a problem, as the only way is through the royal edicts and such. When I saw I had 120 or so days left I was guessing I had one more round of edicts to go. The point is, I supposedly knew the exact day the attack would come beforehand. But I still had to end up guessing when it would come. Does that make any kind of sense?
The actual end fight was alright, but I enjoyed the fight to get to the castle and capture Logan better. Meeting up with your allies as the came in from their avenues of attack made that battle feel like it was bigger than just you. But hey, it beat using a music box to defeat Lucien in fable 2

Status
Not open for further replies.