• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Even MORE fable 2 news!

Lonely-Druid

Pyramid Head fan
Reaction score
Even MORE fable 2 news!

During presentation to a handful of journalists behind closed doors, Molyneux showed a brief video of Albion with the camera swooping in through a much larger, impressive looking Bowerstone and into the woods beyond. The Albion we’ll see in Fable 2 will be much different from the world we’ve explored before, locales such as Bowerstone, good and evil temples similar to the Chapel of Skorm and the Temple of Avo, will all return in one form or another.

fable-2-1.jpg

The video, which lasted mere minutes, also gave a glance at Bowerstone Castle, at which point Molyneux reminded that along with purchasing general merchant stores littered throughout the city’s streets (some of which looked like carts, others fully-realized stores), you can also spend your hard-earned money on houses, taverns, catacombs, and yes, even castles. What’s interesting about this element is not the fact that you can purchase real estate - something we could all do in the original - but that purchasing property opens the doors to additional quests that you may not have access to otherwise. Molyneux used the example of purchasing Bowerstone Castle over say, the town’s chapel. Both will house their own quests, but each will be significantly different to the other.

As for acquiring the amount of money needed to make these purchases, Molyneux warned that currency will be scarce in Albion. This means you may actually have to work for your money this time around instead of simply purchasing a home, hanging up some trophies and selling it for a large profit repeatedly like in the original.
Own enough towns, (each of which you can become the mayor of), taverns, catacombs, castles and the like, and by the end of the game you could earn the coveted title of Emperor of Albion. Women will throw themselves at you in the streets (and in the bedroom), your children will live their own lives and create their own legacies, and those tiny shops you invested in early on will monopolize the market.
Adding to the idea of change, Molyneux briefly discussed one of the game’s other fruitful features: the effects your decisions can physically have on the world. The example given was when the hero runs into a merchant in the middle of the woods who is being attacked ferociously by bandits. Save the merchant, return in a dozen or so years, and his shop may have expanded into a prosperous city. Side with the bandits, though, and only remnants of the shop keeper’s store will be visible through the thick foliage years later.
If all of these promises sound a little ‘Molyneux-ish,’ to you, then join the club. Then again, within minutes of the presentation, Molyneux exclaimed that he had learned his lesson the first time around and that every feature on display, or discussed, during the presentation, would be in the finished retail copy.
Fable 2 is shaping up to be a title to keep your eyes on and is currently scheduled for a 2008 release, though we can only hope it hits store shelves before the year’s end.
Originally from Pro-g

runeblade265

Ultramarine Force Command
Reaction score
Re: Even MORE fable 2 news!

whoa! omg that rocks. I can hardly wait for it now

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

That sound awesome and feels like we won't get it:( (promising too much)

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Considering the way things are going, I'm slightly more inclined to believe this time around.

L

LionHeadTex

Let's just give time for Lionhead to polish everything. Note, Peter M. said that the outline of the game is done, it just needs some polsih before hitting shelves. Therefore, any promises Peter M. makes are probably true ;) And on account that he's learned his lesson of ' the acorn into the tree' deal, these promises might indeed be true.

But you know, who knows bro, until the third main feature of Fable 2 comes out, or some more footage, i'm only left with the scrolls of information I can possibly have. Until then, sit back, relax...or if you're me, mow the neighbors yard or help with houses to get some cash for the game :hmm:

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

I guess i will believe them better this time around^_^

Ishrin

Oakvale Drunkard
Reaction score

great find

X

Xzero221

WooW druid, excellent find man. +Rep

EDIT: Can i give rep on this forum??

H

Hexadecimal

Xzero221;120498 said:
EDIT: Can i give rep on this forum??

you sure can ^_^
just click on this image
reputation.gif
at the bottom left of a person's post ;)

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

:w00t:every little thing I read about this game makes me want it more. The real estate aspect is gonna be crazy....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

That picture was released quite some time ago. Also they have already said that in the current build they have finished the code for being able to buy everything in the game if i remember correctly.

J

Jester.

black.;120543 said:
:w00t:every little thing I read about this game makes me want it more. The real estate aspect is gonna be crazy....
ahhh i declare a song
"every little thing fable 2 does is magic..."

those of you know what song thats from are :cool:

E

element1

I wonder what the quests are gonna be about in the castle and shops. Maybe you'll have to like search for a lost king or queen or something werid like that

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

I hope Fable 2 isn't just about becoming the Emporer of Albion, because I don't wanna be an emporer. I just want to be an arena combatant, Hopefully you can be.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Probably. The emperor thing seems to be totally optional (you have to purchase enough of Albion, right?)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

It is definitely optional to own all of Albion Peter Molyneux said so himself. You can unlock new things from owning stuff though. You can go through the whole game being poor, but at least your kids won't get fat :lol:.

Ishrin

Oakvale Drunkard
Reaction score

That castle is truly beautiful.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Ok...am I the only one who realized that you or Molyneux mention you could buy catacombs? Am I going to be able to start a business in unloading dead bodies for a small fee?
Can I put a poster up saying: "Are those old corpses starting to smell? Then bring them on over to Seig's Necro-tastic Catacombs where we will take your dead for only a nominal fee of 2GPPP, that means 2 gold piece per pound! Yes, bring them over and have your house be "lively" once more!"