• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ever Rage When Gaming?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thrown controllers, physically assaulted television sets, screaming, uncontrolled sailor talk, etc. You know what I'm talking about.

I haven't met one person yet who hasn't undergone a ragequit episode while playing a game before, and I'm not exempt from having my share of episodes as well... well, when I was younger.

I recall playing Mega Man on the NES as a kid and died for like the 20th time, I began to completely lose it and suffered a psychotic break. Blindly threw my controller as hard as I could, missed my mother by mere inches and cracked the window. 1 day later and I can't sit down for an entire week.

What about the rest of you?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Currently playing Monster Hunter on the PSP. It's addictive as hell, and just as rage inducing. Unless you play perfectly and ace the monster encounter you'll end up dead. Damn Japanese and their "perfect or nothing" type of game design!

I punch my wall pretty hard at times, especially after getting KO'd after 20-30 minutes of fighting. Mainly because I'd rather not physically hit anything that might break. Got a friend who did some sort of subconscious karate chop to his desk when failing at Modern Warfare and cleft it in twain. Would've been impressive had I not been in the same room witnessed it; he freaked me out with his Incredible Hulk antics.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yes. Yes I have. I'm the world's worst gamer and everything frustrates me. It's been a while since I've truly raged but the last time I did it I was living in my own place when Jessica was younger and had a PSOne. I was playing The Grinch, of all things, and it completely bugged out on me. So I screamed abuse at the PSOne, kicked the coffee table over and then took the disc out and scratched it to hell with a screwdriver. Then I drank a bottle of wine and passed out until the morning.

Good times, good times...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The Force Unleashed.

Hardest difficulty.

Kazdan Paratus.

That is all.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
One of the times I remember clearly is when I was fighting the Fallen Angel/Dark Demon of Demon's Crest for SNES. Keep in mind it's the most challenging boss of the game, and to even unlock him you need to beat the game 100% Zelda style. You bring with you 4 elixers that heal you to full, and equip the ultimate gargoyle crest which includes full flight and damage reduction. Not to mention you switch between two relic items that boost yur damage and further increase your damage reduction. With all of this and the strategy to defeat him already knwon to me, I still lost 7 times in one day. I ragequit, exited my home and took a nice 2 hour long bikeride. Got some nice aggression out there and didn't destroy anything either!

For those curious here's a video to demonstrate this hellish boss fight.

Edit: The lava kills you instantly btw, and the little lightning ball is always following you, and as you may notice the walls, cieling, and floors slowly become turned into spikes which damage you.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Reminds me of Castlevania.

Except, y'know, you are the demon .

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Kind of, had similar gameplay. But Firebrand (the main character), can use his wings and change forms and stuff. Pretty good platformer.

Reaction score
Yeah when playing FPS games I often get angry at certain "injustices" like when I'm playing against an entire clan full of USAS 12 frag using s***s on battlefield 3, or when I've obviously outplayed someone but they use so cheap, underhanded tactic to steal a victory. I often rage at my teamates if they're not doing anything to contribute to the team (also on BF3.) For example I was playing squad deathmatch for an entire day trying to complete the professional Russian challenge in order to unlock the L85a2 and in practically every single match the rest of my team would sit back playing recon whilst I did all the leg work, at the end of every match my score accounted for about 75% of our teams kills. However that wasn't enough, so match after match we lost. All because they were too selfish to contribute.

Eventually I just lost it and said "You're all a bunch of camping plum f*** wankers!" I mean seriously how hard is it to pick the engineer kit and take out a tank? (I notice about 80% of the time it's me who has to do the honours, I mean it's a good thing that I'm comfortable with all 4 kits otherwise we'd all be screwed. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's always me who has to do all the work.

I raged at a Pyromancer who managed to kill me 7+ times in Skyrim, the spells she was using were very powerful and I was using a melee character so I kept getting my arse handed back to me. What really ****ed me off though was the fact that every time I got close to killing the smelly bitch, she used a bleeding healing spell and I had to start over again, plus by that time I had run out of healing potions so I ended up getting killed AGAIN. I couldn't even FUS RO DAH the cow on account of her spamming the ward ability constantly. God I was ****ED OFF! All's my family could hear downstairs was OH F*CK OFF YOU COWARD! or OOH YOU BITCH! Most annoying moment ever.

I never usually hit anything, I usually just scream and make a series of weird, unnatural grunting/howling noises at the loudest voice volume possible.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I've ever kicked off when gaming, no. I can stub my toe and remain completely silent, I can contain a lot of anger. But I do become rather frustrated when I can't get past a certain part in a game, and I have to do it over and over again. Occasionally I'll let out a little growl or a "OH COME ON!" but that's it.

My brother on the other hand... "TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME Y'B*STARD!" "ARRRRGH!"

Atleast he's not this guy...

Damn.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

everytime....:|

You gotta love the oldschool scrolling shoot'em ups. Sources of SO much rage.

Speaking of another ragequit moment for me... although not sure if dying to the final boss counts.

That elevator halfway through has killed me soooooo many times. Not including the last level which has you pit up against all the bosses of the game, leading up to a double final boss fight. It's INTENSE!

I still have yet to even beat the game on Hardest difficulty, let alone MANIA... Damn good game to have so much replay value that i still enjoy playing it, but get so ****ed every time I don't beat it, even on Hardest (although I got Mr. X the final boss down to less than a 3rd of his final life bar before he finally took out my last life...). It's a DAMN hard game.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Just remembered the last time I really wanted to go ape-crap over a game - I was playing Modern Warfail 2.5 on the PS3 a few weeks back and it was one of the multiplayer maps - I forget which mode. Anywho, some guy got the Juggernaut armour in a care package or whatever those dropped-off things are called and anyone who's played for more than 30 seconds knows just how stupidly overpowered someone is wearing that armour. Not to mention how utterly unbalanced the whole match becomes. This guy got kill after kill after kill without any effort at all and every time one of our team died, we'd spawn RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. His kill streak by the end of the match was 32. THIRTY EFFING TWO.

Had it been my PS3, my controller and my house at the time, I would have gone completely insane with rage. As it was, I left it to the 17 year old boy I was playing the game with to vent rage on my behalf and then earn himself a "time-out" (my sister is the family nanny - I totally got away with that one).

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skip to 1:00 to skip the intro. Seriously funny stuff, like fo reals.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Only every time I play a Modern Warfare game.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I must be the only person here who doesn't rage at all when I play games...

Dentie

Reaction score
Fifa 12... When your defenders decide to take the day off or completely miss the freaking ball when trying to shoot it away.... I've destroyed 2 controllers in the first 2 months of owning the game...

and sometimes the ref's and linesman are just stoopid like this;

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Ive raged alot playing rpg's like zelda. Most i'll do is cuss the TV out in a low tone. Nothing like screaming or anything, but alot of imaginitive strings of cuss words. When i'm really angry though, ill clutch the controller until my knuckles turn white.

This is probably why I have constant headaches....

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
My memory isn't... Perfect... But I don't think I've ever raged before. That being said, I have... erm... angried? As in, let out a kind of moaning growl. I kind of sound like an angry dog... well... human dog...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Fifa 12... When your defenders decide to take the day off or completely miss the freaking ball when trying to shoot it away.... I've destroyed 2 controllers in the first 2 months of owning the game...

and sometimes the ref's and linesman are just stoopid like this;

I'm in brolove with that guys voice and attitude.

So.f*cking.smooth.