• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Everything looks so different...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hey guys, how's it going? I'd say long time no see, but "no duh". Feels like it hasn't been that long, but it's been well over a year now and I've missed you guys. I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch since leaving, just basically ended up disconnecting from most things until I got my life all sorted, which I can say I definitely have by now. I wish I could've been here for all the things I've missed out on, I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply back to everyone that left me messages. Things have definitely improved for me though, for one I'm currently hanging around in Scotland after having met someone that I've been friends with for years now, on this forum, you probably know where this is going... Yes, I'm doing Queen. We're engaged actually believe it or not.

Since getting myself sorted I've been trying to get back in touch with people, but figured this would ultimately be better in the end since it's been difficult finding everyone outside of here (don't know everyone's real name lol). Place looks so damn different though and even a name change? I guess everything has to change eventually, but I dig the background.

I'm glad to be back, I missed you guys, this place, and all the enjoyable discussions we were able to have. I don't see many folks posting anymore though from all the threads here, but I hope everyone is doing okay.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
We have spoke daily for a while on Facebook but good to see you both back on the forums bro.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Welcome back Scotty! It's me Hermit... username change and whatnot.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Welcome back Scott; missed you a lot. Great that you decided to show up again. :)

Name change here as well (from DataHero, Gakoyu, Graeme, etc. -- too many... can't remember what other names).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nice to see some others had been lurking around the boards (though hadnt posted for a while). :shifty:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aye, I was worried I wouldn't get to see all you old faces again after so long. Hope everyone else still pops up around here, if not then we'll just have to drag their asses back.

Welcome back Scotty! It's me Hermit... username change and whatnot.
:D Hey Hermy, it's great to see you again! What the hell happened to your old one? Wanted to stay and get in touch with you guys outside of here, but roadblocks when I only know usernames lol.
Welcome back Scott; missed you a lot. Great that you decided to show up again. :)

Name change here as well (from DataHero, Gakoyu, Graeme, etc. -- too many... can't remember what other names).
Missed you too man, couldn't stay away forever. Took me a minute though to figure out who you are, but I'm glad you're still here old friend. As long as you don't have another hundred planned, I'll be just fine lol.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
My username was stolen lol.

I'll send you a friend request on facebook, did do that a while ago but you didn't add me so I cancelled it.

Azer249

Reaction score
Hey guys, how's it going? I'd say long time no see, but "no duh". Feels like it hasn't been that long, but it's been well over a year now and I've missed you guys. I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch since leaving, just basically ended up disconnecting from most things until I got my life all sorted, which I can say I definitely have by now. I wish I could've been here for all the things I've missed out on, I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply back to everyone that left me messages. Things have definitely improved for me though, for one I'm currently hanging around in Scotland after having met someone that I've been friends with for years now, on this forum, you probably know where this is going... Yes, I'm doing Queen. We're engaged actually believe it or not.

Since getting myself sorted I've been trying to get back in touch with people, but figured this would ultimately be better in the end since it's been difficult finding everyone outside of here (don't know everyone's real name lol). Place looks so damn different though and even a name change? I guess everything has to change eventually, but I dig the background.

I'm glad to be back, I missed you guys, this place, and all the enjoyable discussions we were able to have. I don't see many folks posting anymore though from all the threads here, but I hope everyone is doing okay.

u med luv to queen lul.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Welcome back! Oh, you might have guessed that we pillaged your desk. Don't you worry, though. The wood was used to make Swedish furniture.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Welcome back Scotty. Haven't been around this place much myself. It's been so long. We couldn't even geek over Attack on Titan together. :(

Glad to hear you're doing okay.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
and you're a slut too
And proud of it. :kiss:
Welcome back! Oh, you might have guessed that we pillaged your desk. Don't you worry, though. The wood was used to make Swedish furniture.
>_> so that's what happened to all my dirty little goodies... It better have been the finest Swedish furniture a pair of cheeks could ever smother.
Not sure what to do with this information.
Grab it. Print it. Frame it on ya living room wall.
Welcome back Scotty. Haven't been around this place much myself. It's been so long. We couldn't even geek over Attack on Titan together. :(

Glad to hear you're doing okay.
Cheezits! Where have you been? Too long I'd say. I've only just now started getting into the show :( , but I love it thus far. Anything else you've been watching lately?

Thanks buddy, hope things have been good on your end as well.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Cheezits! Where have you been? Too long I'd say. I've only just now started getting into the show :( , but I love it thus far. Anything else you've been watching lately?

Thanks buddy, hope things have been good on your end as well.

Studio 4c came out with a berserk adaptation that was truly breathtaking. 10/10 would bang I mean watch again. Actually, both.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Studio 4c came out with a berserk adaptation that was truly breathtaking. 10/10 would bang I mean watch again. Actually, both.
Watching and reading Berserk, despite enjoying its dark setting, I cannot avoid but feel that the self-destruction characters are set to go through by default is an overly dramatic way to develop the story.

When a main character shifts into background filler, or well, becomes useless it's disappointing. Especially when for a good part of the story that character has had a third dimensional personality that just became worse for the sake of letting only one main character steal the screen. It's redundant and crude as much as the fights featured in the story.

That's where Berserk let me down, and where it played some of the most typical clichés someone could just come up with. And not just one of the main characters, but also all the side characters being thrown away.

I am not against hurting, or killing main, and side characters. However, when it's exaggerated, sudden and unavoidable like in Berserk is too much forced onto the story. Way too forced.

Oh, and after the first part of the story, what they do to Casca? Well, it's retarded. They find a ****ty excuse to throw a surviving main character away and just leave Guts. ****ing ideal, isn't it? I guess Griffith, Casca, Judeau, Pippin stealing some scenes /was just too much/. So they got the death sentence or the Retarded Exclusion Excuse (tm).

Afterwards they just bring Griffith back, and Casca is a save-the-princess cliche. The rest are dead.

Last edited:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
O
M
G

I thought Giki-chan's return was enough reason to celebrate.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
But which of you wears the pants? Inquiring minds don't want to know.

CONGRATS!