• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

exe comparison

S

Sporeon

exe comparison

Does anyone have the original Fable.exe from the Xbox version so we can compare and contrast it to the .exe for Fable TLC? This should, in time, tell us everything we could ever need to know.

F

fablefreak323

Re: exe comparison

he means all there is to know about fable.exe, we know theres a lot of stuff in taht that we don't know about

H

HodgePodge

Yes, but how does the original fable.exe help us understand the TLC .exe?

F

fablefreak323

*shrug* hey hodge, you know if fable 2 is guna be for PC? i know its off topic, but i just got a sudden fear :'(

OldBoy

Reaction score

Sporeon;114044 said:
Does anyone have the original Fable.exe from the Xbox version so we can compare and contrast it to the .exe for Fable TLC? This should, in time, tell us everything we could ever need to know.

I've told you before; BlueTooth / Keshire already knows more about the .exe. You should ask him on Fabletlcmod.com :cool:

S

Sporeon

HodgePodge;114046 said:

Well, we look at the content that is in Fable TLC that is not in Fable, then at the code in TLC.exe that is not in Fable.exe. Narrows the field significantly and tells us what was needed to put the extras in the game.

H

HodgePodge

I could be wrong, but I think that there was already some TLC content in the files of Fable, it just wasn't used in the game :hmm:

S

Sporeon

HodgePodge;114260 said:
I could be wrong, but I think that there was already some TLC content in the files of Fable, it just wasn't used in the game :hmm:

I think there was, but this should still be helpful if it can be done.

H

HodgePodge

But you're not going to be able to determine what part of the Xbox exe is TLC stuff...:unsure:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I have the original fable. but I don't think that helps much :unsure: I don't have the exe.

H

HodgePodge

Yes you do. The .exe is Fable. It's the executable file

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;114478 said:
Yes you do. The .exe is Fable. It's the executable file

:O Xbox games don't work on computers

H

HodgePodge

you need a modded xbox. Then you can view the files on it

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Well I don't have one so we're S.O.L. :lol:

S

Silver

The original is an xbe. It is an Xbox Executable the quest segments are seperated and linked at the end of the file. TLC on the disc is compressed/protected and if you use the no cd version you will find they are not the same.

But really where are you going with this? I have a good 15 pages of notes on the executable before I stopped messing with it. My Assembly isn't good enough (nor do I know a single person) who can do what you are probably hoping with the information obtained.

S

Sporeon

Silver;114579 said:
I have a good 15 pages of notes on the executable before I stopped messing with it. My Assembly isn't good enough (nor do I know a single person) who can do what you are probably hoping with the information obtained.

I would appreciate a PM of those notes.