• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 1 worth buying ?

zeriodgravity

Prince of Darkness
Reaction score
Fable 1 worth buying ?

Hi, well i was wondering is fable 1 worth buying. I've never played any of the fable games untill last week my mate convinced me to buy fable 2 and i did in the end. I loved it straight away! So i was curious and i looked up fable 1, but i saw that the graphics are like horrible, wich isn't really a suprise looking at the date it was made, but i still haven't made up my mind either to, or not to buy fable 1. Would anyone recommend it ?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Fable 1 worth buying ?

The graphics really aren't terrible. I mean, it's not like we're talking about the original Doom games here (still great graphics for their time, but obviously crap now). I would definitely recommend Fable 1, especially considering how cheap it is now. Make sure you get The Lost Chapters though, not just the original Fable 1.

darkblossom

rukia kuchiki
Reaction score

fable the lost chapters has a good story

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score

Don't worry yourself about the graphics, they really aren't that bad. I personally think that Fable II is a better game, probably because I played it before the original, like you, but Fable I is still great, even if i'm not that far in it yet. If you want to play it on 360, as opposed to the original Xbox, I would take into consideration that the controls are a little different, as some of the buttons on the Xbox controller are different to that of the 360 controller. Still, a great game, definitely worth buying :).

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

Definitely pick up TLC. You'll find it more limiting in some ways (no vaulting a fence or ledge, no swimming, though you can fish ;), smaller areas with more frequent loading), but better in other ways (which is more subjective, but for instance I liked the magic system better). In any case, it's well worth a play, especially for the meager current price. :cool:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

For me, TLC was far more enjoyable from a story perspective than Fable 2, I found myself more involved with the world and more curious about what it held than what I did with the sequel. Not sure why, personal preference I guess.

Besides, what better way to start delving into a story spanning centuries than at the beginning- get Fable 1: TLC, clock it which tbh isn't too difficult, then work through Fable 2- do this over the course of the next 8 weeks just in time to be picking up Fable 3 ^_^

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Blech. I wish people would stop calling it "Fable 1", that's just redundant.

But yes, it is most certainly worth the price except I would highly recommend getting Fable: The Lost Chapters just for the bonus content. Also, the graphics aren't nearly as bad as you make 'em out to be, in fact, I'd say they were the best on the Xbox at the time. Obviously it pales in comparison to modern games but that's to be expected.

LAWLESS

Reaction score

I got the first fable when i was 13, and it was the best game i ever experienced. however after so many years i have to say if your gunna buy the original, the lost chapters is the way to go. Its got alot more content and you can get rich in no time. All you gotta do is sell diamonds, after the arena and youll have a blast, but **** ye the original is worth buying my freind

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox;425785 said:
For me, TLC was far more enjoyable from a story perspective than Fable 2, I found myself more involved with the world and more curious about what it held than what I did with the sequel. Not sure why, personal preference I guess.

Besides, what better way to start delving into a story spanning centuries than at the beginning- get Fable 1: TLC, clock it which tbh isn't too difficult, then work through Fable 2- do this over the course of the next 8 weeks just in time to be picking up Fable 3 ^_^

I totally agree with you. While Fable 2 does have it's fun with clothes, and being able to dye them differen't colors. The only really winning aspect for me was the dog, and how happy it makes me otherwise.

Fable holds such a mysterious feel to it still for me. Not to mention all the modding I can do and KNOW how to do with it. plus, I still need to work on rebuilding the whole of Fable TLC's world. :thumbsup:

so yes, in a nutshell, it's worth it. Especially for PC. More options for you, as well as modding if you can. :ninja:

Edit: Also, the Jack of Blades is a far more kick ass bad guy than stupid Lucien Face.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Fable 1 has something that the second one just lacks. I can't say what it is but it IS lacking in... something...

They are both good games and you should play and enjoy both for what they are.

Dentie

Reaction score

one word.... yes

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

Of course it is! The game is an absolute classic! You can pickup TLC cheap as hell now.

mituan

Reaction score
DAMMIT. You won. FYI that should be what the fight against logan is like, no platform boohoki.

Juju

Reaction score
:x360:buy it and enjoy pure gaming experince of the origianal kind.
so a definite yyyeeeesssssssss buy it:x360:

Evilxcloud

Reaction score
Fable: lost chapters is worth buying. Fable II was really not fun i also hate the way they got rid of SO many spells. Fable III needed more dyes and i also think they should still have bows still. If they remade Fable lost chapters with dyable armor/clothes, vaulting and free roaming, bigger bowerstone, and not lady greys manor not 3 rooms i would definitely buy it

fable geek

Reaction score
I know why the hell did they get rid of those GOOD SPELLS:mad: