• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable 2 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dark_hart

fable 2 news

ok, so this is a thread where u can ask me questions about fable 2, ive done ALOT of research n found this, n happy to do research for a question u will ask. but in return I need of rep:D

gir I need repo_O

ok this was found on egomaniacs if u have any questions about a subject in this thread ill answer

• Making the Character feel deeply towards himself and the world around him.
"Making people feel like they are truly emotionally engaged. That is far, far more important than any feature I can suggest," he said. "Far more important than technology. Far more important than storyline...It's not just 'wow, my gun can fire 500 bullets rather than 400 bullets,'… it's 'wow, I've just shot someone, and that person relied on me or cared about me in this game,' and making you feel like you really have shot someone. That's what I think is more important. That's what I think as a designer I should be thinking about."​
  • More mature ambiance.
  • Has to be stunningly beautiful both in outdoor areas as well as darkly beautiful.
  • Much more room for exploration.
"The world definitely is much bigger and it also feels better," Charlton explains, "There are more things to do within each area and we absolutely have to make them interesting and absorbing. Too many times have I spent playing RPG’s set in vast barren wastelands. Fable 2 retains the Fable 1 organic, intimate feel, while giving players tons to explore and discover. We are really trying to pack the world with exploration, interaction and secrets."​
  • More influence while being either rich or poor.
Engine:
  • Lionhead uses its own inhouse engine, codenamed "Lionhead Engine".
  • Lionhead will be using the Kynapse navigation engine for the utility of physics during the production of Fable 2.
"With Kynapse, Non Player Characters can move around in any 3D dynamic world, understand their environment, hide, communicate, cooperate, drive vehicles, etc."​
  • Height maps are being used.
"Think of water levels rising and opening new (higher positioned) locations that were inaccessible earlier. Or think a big hole in the ground that you can fall into."​
The storyline:
  • Fable 2 will be taking place 500 years after the events in Fable & Fable: The Lost Chapters.
  • Lucien is the antagonist of Fable 2.
  • During the game lifespan, Lucien tries to build a 50 mile (80.47 kilometer) tower.
  • You will age over 50 years.
  • Your sister is kidnapped at the beginning of the story.
"If the characters in Fable one were ‘yokel’, Fable 2’s are ‘highwayman’. You start life in the slums. In fact the opening sequence follows a bird soaring over the land, into your city. And then the bird ****s. And the camera follows the **** down, down, and it finally lands on the head of your character, a small child, scum in the city’s gutter. Your character has a wonderful unconditional love for its sister, but she’s taken away from you mysteriously early into the story. It’s here I should also introduce Lucien, as the baddie of the piece. Lucien is engaged in building a 50-mile high tower, which he constructs through the 50-year story. Your character’s quest for a sword will sooner or later bring him into contact with Lucien."​
Production:
  • At least 70 people currently working on Fable 2
  • It is being produced exclusively for the Xbox 360.
  • Fable 2 Design document is up to 1,364 pages pages long.
  • SketchUp software is being used to add placeholders during level creation.
  • Fable is now at “First Playable” stage (Should not be confused with Alpha).
  • Scetches are rendered using the engine from Fable: The Lost Chapters in order to get a vivid look at the world and it is then transferred to the new Fable 2 engine.
Features:
  • A level which for now goes by the name of “Censorwood” is a level which equals the size of all the Greatwood regions from Fable put together.
  • "Bowerstone M[Censor]" and "[Censor]wood" have also improved in appearance.
  • Players can leap of cliffs.
  • Players will be able to plant acorns in Fable 2 and watch them grown into trees over time.
  • There is a small campsite in the middle of the forest named Brightwood.
  • Your actions in certain places will directly or indirectly affect their outcome if several different ways:
"The first time you encounter the camp, you might think that any decision you make on how to interact with it is insignificant, but according to Molyneux, the effects of even your seemingly trivial actions will be felt for decades. If you choose to trade with the camp, for example, you might find that it has developed into a small settlement when you're in the area again 10 years later. After another decade, that small settlement might grow into a village, and ultimately it could become a thriving town or city. If you decided to loot the camp and kill its inhabitants, on the other hand, the land it occupied would be reclaimed by nature, and 10 years later you'd never even know it was there."​
  • You can play as a male or female.
  • You can get married and have children.
  • You can have multiple children
"Your offspring's appearance will be determined by your spouse's characteristics and by your own at the time of conception, and regardless of what path you choose to take through the game, that child will love you unconditionally. If you've opted to play as a woman, it'll be you that gets pregnant, of course, but that's a preview topic for another day."​
  • Your children will imitate you:
"Further, they would imitate you, whether you're good or evil. A seven-year-old might come rushing out of the house yelling "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" And, if you're evil, he might point out to you his new tattoo or boast about something awful he had done."​
  • If you’re a female and decide to have children, then it will be you who become pregnant.

[*]
  • can opt to have protected or unprotected sex.
  • You will start out as a vagabond and through time you will be able to accumulate wealth and purchase lands and property.
"you'll start out as a street urchin with absolutely nothing to lose. Your physical transformation as you become an adult in the game will be determined by a number of factors in addition to the requisite good/evil mechanic, including cruel/kind deeds, and whether you become rich or poor. If you manage to accrue a significant amount of wealth in the game, you'll have the option to unlock additional game content by purchasing each and every building in the world, including castles, catacombs, and the like. If you never have more than two gold pieces to rub together, your experience, your appearance, and the ways that people in the world react to you will be very different."​
  • You will be responsible for supporting your family both by presence and monetarily seeing as this will affect their outcome as time passes.
  • No cutscenes in Fable 2.
  • You will be able to have jobs.
"You will have the opportunity to buy everything, including castles and dungeons! You can rise to be King of Albion should you gain enough riches by unlocking more quests. You’ll really feel like an owner. Alternatively you can rush through the game without seeking riches, earning renown and experience as a Hero, but not earning so much money. In Fable 2 you will now be able to take jobs! Work as a barman, a farmer, or even a prostitute should you wish, leveling up with experience."​
  • Fighting will feel much more dramatic.
"one hit kills didn’t work and constrained combat really did! We’ve got new physics for the weight of the sword and it will now make proper contact with walls. It really feels like you’re holding a weapon now. Moves really change with location. Walking down a tight corridor you can’t swing, only lunge. This makes you long for the open space at the end, where you can really get in some swinging samurai moves. It’s no longer just a button combo or a weapon; it’s where you are and who you fight. It’s also changed how levels are built and even your allies can constrain your combat in interesting ways."​
  • Each tree, including branches and leafs are animated singularly meaning it will flow with its own natural physics.
  • Fable 2 will have some sort of online feature which allows for team mechanics (not yet specified).

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: fable 2 news

dark_hart;42148 said:
ok, so this is a thread where u can ask me questions about fable 2, ive done ALOT of research n found this, n happy to do research for a question u will ask. but in return I need of rep:D

gir I need repo_O

ok this was found on egomaniacs if u have any questions about a subject in this thread ill answer
  • Making the Character feel deeply towards himself and the world around him.
"Making people feel like they are truly emotionally engaged. That is far, far more important than any feature I can suggest," he said. "Far more important than technology. Far more important than storyline...It's not just 'wow, my gun can fire 500 bullets rather than 400 bullets,'… it's 'wow, I've just shot someone, and that person relied on me or cared about me in this game,' and making you feel like you really have shot someone. That's what I think is more important. That's what I think as a designer I should be thinking about."​
  • More mature ambiance.
  • Has to be stunningly beautiful both in outdoor areas as well as darkly beautiful.
  • Much more room for exploration.
"The world definitely is much bigger and it also feels better," Charlton explains, "There are more things to do within each area and we absolutely have to make them interesting and absorbing. Too many times have I spent playing RPG’s set in vast barren wastelands. Fable 2 retains the Fable 1 organic, intimate feel, while giving players tons to explore and discover. We are really trying to pack the world with exploration, interaction and secrets."​
  • More influence while being either rich or poor.
Engine:
  • Lionhead uses its own inhouse engine, codenamed "Lionhead Engine".
  • Lionhead will be using the Kynapse navigation engine for the utility of physics during the production of Fable 2.
"With Kynapse, Non Player Characters can move around in any 3D dynamic world, understand their environment, hide, communicate, cooperate, drive vehicles, etc."​
  • Height maps are being used.
"Think of water levels rising and opening new (higher positioned) locations that were inaccessible earlier. Or think a big hole in the ground that you can fall into."​
The storyline:
  • Fable 2 will be taking place 500 years after the events in Fable & Fable: The Lost Chapters.
  • Lucien is the antagonist of Fable 2.
  • During the game lifespan, Lucien tries to build a 50 mile (80.47 kilometer) tower.
  • You will age over 50 years.
  • Your sister is kidnapped at the beginning of the story.
"If the characters in Fable one were ‘yokel’, Fable 2’s are ‘highwayman’. You start life in the slums. In fact the opening sequence follows a bird soaring over the land, into your city. And then the bird ****s. And the camera follows the **** down, down, and it finally lands on the head of your character, a small child, scum in the city’s gutter. Your character has a wonderful unconditional love for its sister, but she’s taken away from you mysteriously early into the story. It’s here I should also introduce Lucien, as the baddie of the piece. Lucien is engaged in building a 50-mile high tower, which he constructs through the 50-year story. Your character’s quest for a sword will sooner or later bring him into contact with Lucien."​
Production:
  • At least 70 people currently working on Fable 2
  • It is being produced exclusively for the Xbox 360.
  • Fable 2 Design document is up to 1,364 pages pages long.
  • SketchUp software is being used to add placeholders during level creation.
  • Fable is now at “First Playable” stage (Should not be confused with Alpha).
  • Scetches are rendered using the engine from Fable: The Lost Chapters in order to get a vivid look at the world and it is then transferred to the new Fable 2 engine.
Features:
  • A level which for now goes by the name of “Censorwood” is a level which equals the size of all the Greatwood regions from Fable put together.
  • "Bowerstone M[Censor]" and "[Censor]wood" have also improved in appearance.
  • Players can leap of cliffs.
  • Players will be able to plant acorns in Fable 2 and watch them grown into trees over time.
  • There is a small campsite in the middle of the forest named Brightwood.
  • Your actions in certain places will directly or indirectly affect their outcome if several different ways:
"The first time you encounter the camp, you might think that any decision you make on how to interact with it is insignificant, but according to Molyneux, the effects of even your seemingly trivial actions will be felt for decades. If you choose to trade with the camp, for example, you might find that it has developed into a small settlement when you're in the area again 10 years later. After another decade, that small settlement might grow into a village, and ultimately it could become a thriving town or city. If you decided to loot the camp and kill its inhabitants, on the other hand, the land it occupied would be reclaimed by nature, and 10 years later you'd never even know it was there."​
  • You can play as a male or female.
  • You can get married and have children.
  • You can have multiple children
"Your offspring's appearance will be determined by your spouse's characteristics and by your own at the time of conception, and regardless of what path you choose to take through the game, that child will love you unconditionally. If you've opted to play as a woman, it'll be you that gets pregnant, of course, but that's a preview topic for another day."​
  • Your children will imitate you:
"Further, they would imitate you, whether you're good or evil. A seven-year-old might come rushing out of the house yelling "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" And, if you're evil, he might point out to you his new tattoo or boast about something awful he had done."​
"you'll start out as a street urchin with absolutely nothing to lose. Your physical transformation as you become an adult in the game will be determined by a number of factors in addition to the requisite good/evil mechanic, including cruel/kind deeds, and whether you become rich or poor. If you manage to accrue a significant amount of wealth in the game, you'll have the option to unlock additional game content by purchasing each and every building in the world, including castles, catacombs, and the like. If you never have more than two gold pieces to rub together, your experience, your appearance, and the ways that people in the world react to you will be very different."​
  • You will be responsible for supporting your family both by presence and monetarily seeing as this will affect their outcome as time passes.
  • No cutscenes in Fable 2.
  • You will be able to have jobs.
"You will have the opportunity to buy everything, including castles and dungeons! You can rise to be King of Albion should you gain enough riches by unlocking more quests. You’ll really feel like an owner. Alternatively you can rush through the game without seeking riches, earning renown and experience as a Hero, but not earning so much money. In Fable 2 you will now be able to take jobs! Work as a barman, a farmer, or even a prostitute should you wish, leveling up with experience."​
  • Fighting will feel much more dramatic.
"one hit kills didn’t work and constrained combat really did! We’ve got new physics for the weight of the sword and it will now make proper contact with walls. It really feels like you’re holding a weapon now. Moves really change with location. Walking down a tight corridor you can’t swing, only lunge. This makes you long for the open space at the end, where you can really get in some swinging samurai moves. It’s no longer just a button combo or a weapon; it’s where you are and who you fight. It’s also changed how levels are built and even your allies can constrain your combat in interesting ways."​
  • Each tree, including branches and leafs are animated singularly meaning it will flow with its own natural physics.
  • Fable 2 will have some sort of online feature which allows for team mechanics (not yet specified).

More than 60% of this info is in various differen't threads around the forums.
So try the search function next time, so you can try and find the things we already haven't heard about. :wacko:

H

Hexadecimal

also, as you said all this info was taken from egomaniacs, next time could you perhaps simply give a brief synopsis of the info, and then provide a link to the source for anyone interested in learning more... otherwise it's kind of stealing...

... and if you got it all at egomaniacs, rather than asking you, wouldn't we be better off asking at egomaniacs?o_O

J

Jester.

Hexadecimal;42162 said:
... and if you got it all at egomaniacs, rather than asking you, wouldn't we be better off asking at egomaniacs?o_O
word, I already read all that stuff anyway..link to source next time just cause your hungry for rep.:realmad:

F

FableFreak

Just because you copy and paste a bunch of stuff from egomaniacs and then slap it on here and expect something great in return shouldn't make up for the fact that we already have the MAJORITY of this on the site already.

Why does rep matter? Just because you have a few green bars under your name doesn't make you more or less a better attribute to this site.

I may sound like I'm angry and aggresive but I think you should learn by now that this is my personality, so too bad.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Please be aware that whilst you may be hungry for rep, as you put it, the mods and admins can give you negative rep. I am sick of seeing spammy threads and posts in a bid to gain rep from other users and it won't work. It's great that you want to put in an article that you found elsewhere but please will you cite it correctly and if possible summarise and link coz we really don't need bad press due to lifting other sites' content.

As for using the search function, I know it can be tedious for people to have to trawl through hundreds of posts to make sure that they don't post something covered but at the end of the day, what has been posted here is, as others have said, all over the forums and you can't really miss it with or without the search function.

We want positive, helpful contributions - of course we do - but there is a certain etiquette to follow and we do need every single member to follow it regardless. If you find something new and unique that helps or informs others, then post it, cite it, link it and we'll credit you accordingly.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

So i think the best thing to do would be to close this thread also....

CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.