• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3: Simultaneously fun and disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

0Jarlaxle0

Reaction score
Its a fact. Everyone's correct to a degree. Beat it the other day, spent 3 hours looking for something resembling an arena before getting online and finding out there isn't one. A Fable game without an arena/crucible is like a car without a tire. I'm sorry, it's a fact.

The core game itself I did find very satisfying, both gameplay and story-wise. I will say that I do very much miss the classic Fable experience system, and loathe this "Road to Rule" joke to the core of my gaming heart. You're telling me I need to spend valuable (and after endgame, EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO GET) experience points on social interactions and clothing dyes?

Alot of you "DLC now" whiners need to understand that Lionheart is, first and foremost, a business. They don't "owe" us a damn thing. As crappy as that sounds, its true. They are in this for money, which I completely understand, regardless of how disappointed or happy I am.

On the other hand, those of you that constantly blather to the "DLC now" whiners about doing the achievements, and finding books, gnomes, trading weapons, etc. need to understand that to some people (myself included) that all that sounds about as exciting as playing an MMO, or cleaning an entire house using a toothbrush. Sure it serves something resembling a purpose, but spending hours grinding for random points and stupid little badges on our 360 profiles doesn't mean jack to us, and is certainly not what we paid for. Not everyone is a completionist.

After beating the game, there's nothing. Literally. That's a problem. It IS possible to have substance after endgame, without DLC, and there is decidedly none in Fable 3.

Lastly (and a tad on the random side), where are all the loose women in this game? For real, it seems everyone is either a saint or a prostitute (and there are what, like 4 of them, in the ENTIRE WORLD?). There IS a middle ground, you know.
"Not until we're married."
What the heck do you mean? Not only am I a fabulously wealthy king, I'm also practically a god compared to the rest of the world, and according to that little bar I'm RIDICULOUSLY sexy. I should be paying women NOT to want to have sex with me. Even mormon girls would be falling over themselves to get with something like that.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Nice post man. :lol:

0Jarlaxle0

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed. Seems only two people read it, and after all that time and effort...
Oh well.

Mastperf

Reaction score
Alot of you "DLC now" whiners need to understand that Lionheart is, first and foremost, a business. They don't "owe" us a damn thing. As crappy as that sounds, its true. They are in this for money, which I completely understand, regardless of how disappointed or happy I am.
Microsoft paid Lionhead to make Fable 3 for the fans, not to please the employees at Lionhead. My $80.00 I paid means Lionhead does indeed owe me something. What that something is is completely up to me since I'm paying for it. I don't get a say what goes in to my double cheeseburger at Mcdonalds, but rest assured if it taste like **** I'm gonna get my money back. I paid 80 times as much for this all-**** patty with rancid cheese on a stale bun with dick marks on it.

0Jarlaxle0

Reaction score
Then get your money back. I mean it sucks and I totally get where you're coming from, but that's the simple truth, when it comes down to it.
They made what THEY thought was a good game. Buying video games is like gambling. You win, you lose, you whine, you move on. Cause in the end, there's not a DAMN thing you can do about it.
Remember, I'm one of these customers, too, just like you. I just accept that.

Reaction score
Lastly (and a tad on the random side), where are all the loose women in this game? For real, it seems everyone is either a saint or a prostitute (and there are what, like 4 of them, in the ENTIRE WORLD?). There IS a middle ground, you know.
"Not until we're married."
What the heck do you mean? Not only am I a fabulously wealthy king, I'm also practically a god compared to the rest of the world, and according to that little bar I'm RIDICULOUSLY sexy. I should be paying women NOT to want to have sex with me. Even mormon girls would be falling over themselves to get with something like that.

Agreed, I constantly found Myself asking the same question.

Pink

Reaction score
Omg perfectly said.

I was talking to my boyfriend the other day because I was venting about how upset I was at how the ending was and how much I dished out for it. And I said "fable 3 is like one of those orgasms that you have but it feels like you missed it. Your all excited for it then it happens so fast your sitting there wondering, if it happened or not." Thats is how I feel about fable 3, i feel like I was getting there, so close and then it ended, and I don't remember it.

But your so right, there is absolutely nothing to do after the game is over. running around on a goose-chase for annoying gnomes and books that camouflage into everything is just pure irritating.

Aruu

Reaction score
Perfectly said! <3

In the end, I did enjoy Fable III as a game, but there was just something missing that was present in Fable II. Like you said, once the game is over, that's pretty much it. Sure you can collect everything, you can finish up a few quests, but there's so much potential for more it's such a shame Lionhead didn't go for it.

And why are all the lesbians I encounter really old/ugly? :/

WUTBM

Reaction score
Mastperf...
so you try a new McDonalds burger and you don't like it?
Tough ****, right?
As long as it wasn't detrimental do your health, there's not a thing you can do about it, and I'd like to see you get your money back.
And don't come back with a snarky comment like 'Fable 3 hurt my health it was so bad.' :p
And I agree with your comment about guild seals being spent on dyes and expressions etc.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Reavers little game was *kind of* like an arena. But you can't repeat it. And you get nothing. And it's really short and easy.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, Reavers game reminds me most of the arena, ecspecially since whisper.. I mean page is with you...

WUTBM

Reaction score
It wasn't as good though.
Were balverines in it? I can't remember.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Omg perfectly said.

I was talking to my boyfriend the other day because I was venting about how upset I was at how the ending was and how much I dished out for it. And I said "fable 3 is like one of those orgasms that you have but it feels like you missed it. Your all excited for it then it happens so fast your sitting there wondering, if it happened or not." Thats is how I feel about fable 3, i feel like I was getting there, so close and then it ended, and I don't remember it.
Hah! ya almost made me blow coffee outta my nose with that one :D I have yet to come close to beating fable 3 yet. I've had to restart a couple of times due to bugs and glitches and bad choices. Still I'm having a blast, as long as I keep in my head that this is not like fable or fable II. If I look at it as it's own entity then its not too bad. Not great, not even close, but amusing.

And yes there were balverines in reavers little set up.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
The best part about it was how they took out all the good parts of the story to make room for all the jokes and realworld references.

WUTBM

Reaction score
Ah right, Balverines **** me off.
Is it just me, or is there a white Balverine to every pack?
They're not even that hard to kill...

Pink

Reaction score
it is funny at times though, like the girl on girl reference with the baron. And the gnome that says "you know what I like about people........they die!" that one gets me everytime.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Then get your money back. I mean it sucks and I totally get where you're coming from, but that's the simple truth, when it comes down to it.
They made what THEY thought was a good game. Buying video games is like gambling. You win, you lose, you whine, you move on. Cause in the end, there's not a DAMN thing you can do about it.

With that kind of logic, yeah, there isn't anything you can do about it. However, if those of us who find this game to be very disappointing where to start and sign a petition or perhaps make our opinions a little more noticeable to Lionhead, I'm sure SOMETHING will change. But you're right, lets set around and pretend we're helpless children. That's how the world has always worked.

WUTBM

Reaction score
With that kind of logic, yeah, there isn't anything you can do about it. However, if those of us who find this game to be very disappointing where to start and sign a petition or perhaps make our opinions a little more noticeable to Lionhead, I'm sure SOMETHING will change. But you're right, lets set around and pretend we're helpless children. That's how the world has always worked.

I assume they do have some market researching skills, and will stumble across this or other forums and see the generally negative-mediocre opinions.
Whether they actually follow through with trying to appease them or not is a different matter.

Mastperf

Reaction score
Will Gamestop give me my money back? I just assumed they wouldn't.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I assume they do have some market researching skills, and will stumble across this or other forums and see the generally negative-mediocre opinions.
Whether they actually follow through with trying to appease them or not is a different matter.

Yeah, we should totally just wait and hope they see some of our negative opinions. Good idea, mate.

Will Gamestop give me my money back? I just assumed they wouldn't.

I believe there's a thirty day, money-back guarantee but I think that only applies to games that aren't opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.