• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3's armour system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

Reaction score
Re: Fable 3's armour system.

Fighters - Heavy Armor , good defense
Archers (gunners) - Light Armor , medium defense
Mages - Cloth Armor, low defense

Its always been like that , and I dont care about stats, but if I play warrior who fights with axes and swords, I want to wear armor ... Kinda unrealistic to fight in clothes ...

Archers and mages dont need armor because they fight from distance, usualy ...

In Fable2 I was disappointed for only having 1 normal armor ... All others were clothes ...

In Fable 3 I want to have more armor choices ... Armor is always needed ...

In modern life, there is no swords anymore, only guns guns guns guns and guns. Still you need to have armor ... protection vests and helmets are always used ....

Wiz

The Ruler
Reaction score

Heavy full body armor wasn't used much in that time period as far as I know.However armor like the one Logan is wearing(Chest piece only + military decorations)was widespread.

I hope we will be able to wear such things:)

king_reaver

Reaction score

Arch this isn't dragon age
fable has three ability strength (sword, hammer) skills (guns) magic/will(gauntlet)
we just cloth

Lithary

Reaction score

Arc Caster;413992 said:
I think you misunderstood. We want armour, just not armour rating. Armour Rating, or AR, is basically:

Leather protects for 30, Plate for 70, Archons for 300.

So, if they still had armour ratings, Most people would be running around in Archon's Battle Armour. Get it? So, I do want armour, just not a a protection from it, so that way we get some truly unique heroes / Weapons.

With that logic why don't we make sticks do equal damage as sword, axes, hammers and guns?
If they put armor back (and they should) they should put armor rating also.
I don't get why is everyone so against armor?
I you don't like it then don't wear it, but the consequence of that will be that you are more vulnerable witch is logical.
It's simple as that and that's the way it should be.

king_reaver

Reaction score

stick out like sore thumb
being chase down by every bounty hunter , logan men and army

Arch

Reaction score

Its so unlogical to fight with huge hammer , and wear cloth armor ... I want amor ... It doesnt have to be like a knight armor, but any type of protection ... I dont want cloth ...

Shark

Sleep. All life is a dream.
Reaction score

No...

If Fable was like "You like magic? Wear cloth otherwise each lightning bolt will do minus damage!" I'd probably fall out with it quite a lot, I like the free choice of wearing what I want for what ever I want when I feel like it, with no silly tiny rules.

Also I'd like to see a lot more of armor, the only thing you got too in Fable 2 was Knothole Island and that was kind of weak armor, I'd like a good old Dark Chestmail armor or Light Chestmail etc.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

no. Historically, the gun made the use of armour redundant, and lionhead seem to be doing everything by the book, basing albion loosely on Britain, for example.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

yeah, but like chainmail can deflect bullets if you wear 2 sets

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

or hasn't anyone seen Wild Wild West

Reaction score

SonofRaiden;416062 said:
or hasn't anyone seen Wild Wild West

Don't mean to be an asshole or anything, but You shouldn't believe everything You see in a Hollywood movie.

2 millimeter steel wire, seriously? In real life the chainmail would only make the wound worse, the fragments would add to the damage caused by the bullet. It's flexible I'll give it credit for that, but the steel itself would shatter.

Like I said not trying to be an asshole, but I thought I might just point that out.

Overan

Reaction score

Regarding clothing, Molneux wants the only reason a person chooses their clothes to be their personal preferance, giving bonuses even in the smallest amount sways people. Fable II clothing bonuses was less severe than Fable but they still were bonuses. I cannot tell you how many guys wearing the noble mans suit because of its bonuses.

Reaction score

I understand what everyone is saying about the fact that they want to be able to wear actual armor, but the whole thing with Fable 3 is that Lionhead wants you to wear clothes because you like them, thus increasing customization and personalized outfits. Not because they offer you a bonus... Armor could be placed in the game strictly for looks, but not for actual defensive purposes...

Status
Not open for further replies.