• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3's armour system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybuddhist

Reaction score
Fable 3's armour system.

Did anyone else think that the armour in Fable or rather the fact that it helped or hindered you was better in Fable. rather than having no armour, just a health bar, in Fable three there wont be a health bar per say so how are they going to have it.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3's armour system.

They are going to do it in Resident Evil 2 style. Your screen will start to look red, the most it gets the more close to death you are. So, when you screen gets too much red, remember to heal yourself up.

I think the armor system is obsolete in Fable. It was one of the least-used mechanics by the players, I'm actually glad it was removed since Fable II, because now we can wear anything we like and that fits with our style without having to worry of the armor/damage calculations.

Deception550

The Butcher
Reaction score

yea im glad they got rid of the stats of armor, but i feel fable II should have had legit armor, not clothes from 1700's england.

i realize that chainmail and plate etc would be out of place in 3 so i wont fuss about that :D

Recycled Human

Reaction score

I like it just the way it is. Pm is trying to avoid 'the quest for the best clothes in the game' so that people actually change their clothes. If he gave it an armor rating it would be another factor for people to have to chuck into the combat equation. This could just be a pandering to the greatest number (typically casual gamers), but I appreciate that my characters look won't hinder how she fights in battle.

Armor would seem ceremonial and not really functional. How would plate armor stand against musket fire? I don't know.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Recycled Human;413053 said:
I like it just the way it is. Pm is trying to avoid 'the quest for the best clothes in the game' so that people actually change their clothes. If he gave it an armor rating it would be another factor for people to have to chuck into the combat equation. This could just be a pandering to the greatest number (typically casual gamers), but I appreciate that my characters look won't hinder how she fights in battle.

Armor would seem ceremonial and not really functional. How would plate armor stand against musket fire? I don't know.

Armor always provide some cover from various kind of damage. Even gun damage too, in some cases. However, such system is way too complex and less-handy for a game like Fable. We want to have the freedom to choose our style, Jasper the butler (voiced by John Cleese from monty python) now will suggest what to wear depending on the occasion too.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

The only way I would accept armor ratings in Fable is if whatever you're wearing got stronger as you fought with it on, just like the morphing weapons. Perhaps your clothes or armor wouldn't morph, and you could still choose what it looks like using dyes, but it would give you more of a defense bonus over time. This way, we can have defense bonuses while wearing whatever we want. An armor system like the one from TLC will not and should not be coming back though.

Since we know that won't happen though, and there won't be any kind of armor ratings at all, I'd just like some armor. Y'know, stuff like the Chasm Outfit and Knothole Knight Outfit. Just some armor that gives you no defense bonus like the rest of the clothes in the game.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Actually, I though I saw one of the clips talked about having different variants depending on your alignment. So maybe their will be more clothing morphs like the chasm/knight armor.

Although it would be cool to be full plate mail and have it sprout massive spikes and dripping with blood between the chains after so many innocents are slain.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Recycled Human;413107 said:
Actually, I though I saw one of the clips talked about having different variants depending on your alignment. So maybe their will be more clothing morphs like the chasm/knight armor.

Although it would be cool to be full plate mail and have it sprout massive spikes and dripping with blood between the chains after so many innocents are slain.
Now that! would be cool!

I wanna see extreeme morphs. I felt cheated when I saw the two extreeme morphs of Fable II.
I mean, did you take a look at the cover?!? that red devil, I wanna be able to morph into that!!

On the other hand, I'm kinda worried about these 'glimps of your true self' you get when you use a flourish.
I used flourish a lot in Fable II, and if wings are popping out my hero's back everytime I use a flourish, well he might aswell stay in that form...

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

I hated 1's armour system. My mom did too. Why? I'm wearing fire-assassin and dark wizards hat and dark will, making a evil skill user, and the same minus hat for my good, and you know what my brothers and dad had? Archon's battle armour. Gay. It doesn't make that much of a deal how much damage you take, just Don't Get Hit! It's lame.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

Maybe this means I will be able to make my guy wear makeup and girl clothes without people ripping on him? I like having really ****ing weird characters. Cross-dressing is the best way (especially make-up, that's just really weird).

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score

I don't mind not having armour ratings but they could include armours similar to Fable. The only armour close to Fable in Fable II was the Knothole Knight gear, i wish they would have done more, other than running around fighting and taking bullets to the chest in some cotton stuffs. :p

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

POOP;413149 said:
Maybe this means I will be able to make my guy wear makeup and girl clothes without people ripping on him? I like having really ****ing weird characters. Cross-dressing is the best way (especially make-up, that's just really weird).

I'm pretty sure that when you will cross-dress people will dislike you. Probably I would watch this, maybe you might lose followers in case they start disliking what you do.

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score

DarkONI;413164 said:
I'm pretty sure that when you will cross-dress people will dislike you. Probably I would watch this, maybe you might lose followers in case they start disliking what you do.

Let him play it as he wants, it would probably be more entertaining and funny then just playing for followers. :p

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

BigDaddy;413166 said:
I think there will be armor in the game but they wont have any armor ratings.
look at the E3 trailer at 0:58 seconds, this looks like armor to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR2Uy2VLMc
This guy has a chest piece aswell
http://www.oxm.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=15148
:ninja:

Probably this armor will be used in special occasions. Perhaps in-battle too or just to add some style to your own character whenever you want. Many people liked the armors in the first Fable, I'm glad they are adding some in Fable III.

BigDaddy

Reaction score

Im hoping for some interesting armor from aurora :D

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

I generally just loved the artwork of every piece of clothing in the first Fable.
Now take the outfits of Fable II... I can't really say I loved ANY of them.

The outfits all seemed kinda.. off

Generally made the Hero look fat too.

From what I can see this has changed in Fable III, altough so far I still like the artistic approach of the clothing from the first Fable a lot better.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

DarkONI;413164 said:
I think there are enough gay people in Albion to make up for those who would stop following me because of my eccentricity.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

BigDaddy;413172 said:
Im hoping for some interesting armor from aurora :D

Actually, the Limited Edition includes a suit from Aurora. Though I don't think that's an armor. Not much has been shown though, who knows? Maybe that's an armor from Aurora afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.