• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4 should continue the context of Fable TLC

Drokan

Reaction score
Hello fans of Fable i just want to give my thoughts of what should be Fable 4. After reading some ideas, i must say i don´t agree with some of you.
My fable shouldn´t never had guns, stupid guns ruin my game. I want to know more about the history of Albion there are so many ruins out there , they must tell us more about history. I don´t want industries.
I just want a comeback to the roots.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I agree with you completely and so do most fans :D
I found fable TLC to be near enough perfect.
There are many many many replies to threads like this in these forums. You should take a look.
I did enjoy the sequels but they weren't like the original, BUT one can see what Lionhead are trying to do.
They are tellingthe story of Fable as if it were the history of Britain in a history book.
The Old Kingdom crumbled just as the The Roman Empire did 'causing the dark ages when technological discoveries are set back, lands lose contact with one another etc. In fable 2 we have new technologies eg. gunpowder, photography, a monarch.. In fable 3 we have the beginnings of 19th century Globalisation eg. A uniting empire with allies like Aurora.. and who know, Fable 4 could be the 21st century.

Yes, I too would prefer the fantasy world in preference to the Modernity of the mundane Industrial world seen in Fable 3.
I have detailed responses in other threads. You should give them a good read. :geek:

BigDaddy

Reaction score
Its pretty much universally stated that the fans of the fable franchise would love to go back to the fable 1 era or before seeing as most people hated fable 3 but i bet lionhead ignore the fans of the franchise and continue to dumb down the games and take it in the completely wrong direction

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Fable 1 and 2 were great.. Both had their own magical feel about them.. Three was poor.. More about gameplay than depth and contect.. Peter Molyneux wa the genius behind the franchise.. He doshed out the British witty humour.. We will miss him, despite his over exaggerations and mistakes in recent fable games :/
Who knows, Lionhead may listen, but i doubt it, they'll focus on establishing their new generation of fans that crave brainless action :/
Fable 3 was still playable despite it's diminishing appeal and change in direction.
I just hope we meet the king of blades.. I crave fable lore and trivia ;|

The Duke

Reaction score
Hello fellow Fable fans.

I have to agree with the sentiments of the OP. There is so much potential in exploring Albion and its rich history. That should have been the focus of the franchise. I also have to agree that I am not much of a fan of the parallel with British history. Not that British history itself isn't interesting, it just gives the series a sense of predictability. Fable V during a WW2 setting perhaps (Albion's "darkest" hour)? Who knows.

The first Fable was a great game (especially TLC) and I really enjoyed Fable 2, but I have to agree that Fable 3 was missing a lot of the elements that made the first two so enjoyable. The first two games were not without their issues, and many shortfalls, however my feeling is that rather than address them, Lionhead chose instead to simply do away with those issues.

For one thing, I found myself really wanting to explore Knothole Island in a lot more detail, especially the ruins. In conjunction with exploring the ruins, part of me was really, really wishing for a mechanic in the game to setup a town amongst the ruins, creating better living conditions for the townspeople of Knothole Island.

I wasn't too high on the industries part myself. I felt that the time period of Fable 2 (minus the guns) was the ideal time period for the franchise.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I love the parallel to British history. It is genius. I love the theme.
BUT
Who wants a fable game set in the 20th century really? No one.
I think the best thing about Fables 1 and 2 was in fact, the mystery of the Old Kingdom, the hero bloodline and The Court. Those 3 features made the storyline so much more interesting.
I miss many things from the previous Fable games, but as long as Fable 4 has something big planned to explain why the darkness came to albion and what Theresa has prepared for, i am quite content :')

Reaction score
they should really go back to the basics of fable TLC and come up with a game with all those elements plus new additions to it.