• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
whenever it is set, make it so we have to go tame our pet instead of a crummy dog, then everyone will have alot more differances between games, and the legendary weapons if they return need to be legendary, not obviously random morphs. and i want to be able to put my weapons away and go fisty cuffs with some cool throws and maybe somekind of combo system with attacks. also 4 player please! more wildlife in rural areas and finaly make being evil TRULY EVIL i miss my horns and red mist beneath my feet.

also lets go to the poles, snow trolls and other dangerous gits could be there untouched by humans have a few scattered tribe type people dotted around and it might sound stupid but I WANT TO SIT ON MY BLOODY THROWN WHEN I WANT TO, and any other chair type object

Mr Fable

Playing Fable III
Reaction score
Who said it has to be a sequel it could be a Prequel set before fable 1 how cool would that be .

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Who said it has to be a sequel it could be a Prequel set before fable 1 how cool would that be .
not really that cool. It would limit the scale of the decisions - as the past has already been written.

Mr Fable

Playing Fable III
Reaction score
ye
not really that cool. It would limit the scale of the decisions - as the past has already been written.
s it would be cool they could easily fit in a story to go with the past plus the game wouldn't be very good if it was set after fable 3 meaning after the industrial revaluation it wouldn't be very enchanted and magical like RPG games are .

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
ye
s it would be cool they could easily fit in a story to go with the past plus the game wouldn't be very good if it was set after fable 3 meaning after the industrial revaluation it wouldn't be very enchanted and magical like RPG games are .
Yeah they could fit in a story but they wouldn't be able to do any really big choices

shane states

Reaction score
It doesnt have to be far after Fable III it could be simply a few years later... My plotline for Fable IV, When Logan runs off at the end he goes in search of himself, and in doing so is contacted by the Crawler. Together they set out to unlock Logans true Hero abilities for Evil across Albion. And of course you could kinda play off Fable I that way by using Logan as a "Jack of Blades" type character... thats just me though

smush-smush

Reaction score
they really seem to be boxing themselves in imo...if they make another big leap into the future (like in fable 2 from fable 1), it may come off as like a colonization thing or modern era, then i'd rather play the secret world at that point. i think the colonization thing might work, but it would be a similar story (a far off colony revolts from albion, and becomes it's own country).

when i think about that, it may work...there may be even new enemies, and it would offer a chance to bring the trolls back, which were all killed off in albion in fable 3. since the colony would be relatively new, the tech may stay the same as it was in fable 2, maybe even fable 3, depending on how involved albion leaders are in the colonization. just my two cents however

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
I just thought I'd point out with the tudor ages etc you mentioned that your saying that fable has to scale with our real timeline when in fact it doesn't have to, they can make industrialsation for example be a much slower process than what it was in history, I mean on a off serious note have you yet to encounter one intellegent person in fable? =p.

But in all serious I'd like to see some sort of twist that just shatters everything thats been worked for, example, a out break of a plague that kills 90% of the population leaving places such bowerstone a ruin with the corpses making it unhabitable because of dieses. Any survivors would be left to fend for themselves out in the wilderness and this would lead to "tribes" if you will, that would of course end up in mini wars between each other for food and land.

Or something that just halts industrialsation, as mentioned the way fable going it wont be long before swords are gone and everyone going be running around with guns only, if it keeps going I can see fable turning into a game like "Legend" but with choices -.-

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
I didn't I mean it doesnt affect anything it was just my good guy run through and I kept him alive cause he is my brother and all
And I was just pointing out that your storyline would never work for fable 4

shane states

Reaction score
And I was just pointing out that your storyline would never work for fable 4

well didnt you have the option to kill your sister in the first Fable.... I mean she did turn out to be Theresa but if you killed her then how would she be able to be in Fable II and III???? Kinda doesnt follow a storyline as well...

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
well didnt you have the option to kill your sister in the first Fable.... I mean she did turn out to be Theresa but if you killed her then how would she be able to be in Fable II and III???? Kinda doesnt follow a storyline as well...
But if you chose to kill her you hit her once with the sword she drops and you leave, we don't actually know she's dead we just assume she is because that's what we were told would happen. With logan if you had him executed I would have thought it was standard procedure to check he was dead, after which his body would be disposed of.

shane states

Reaction score
But if you chose to kill her you hit her once with the sword she drops and you leave, we don't actually know she's dead we just assume she is because that's what we were told would happen. With logan if you had him executed I would have thought it was standard procedure to check he was dead, after which his body would be disposed of.

Well true but he is of the same bloodline as the rest of the Heroes so its possible is all Im saying. Anyways I def think Fable IV should involve some Evils from the past and a better end fight

OwNzOr

Reaction score
If these games carry on I will most likely loose interest it will end up like final fantasy with 13 and counting...

Fable can never become like final fantasy. The main reason why final fantasy is so lame is because of it's sad combat engine... there's simply no freedom to it. The most moronic thing about final fantasy imo is the sad japanese anime style characters... a black man with a chick in his hair? A flimsy gay-looking pink haired boy carrying a skyscraper of a sword? You can't believe howmuch i'd love to brutally torture the people that 'invented' that drawing style...

ForcedDj

Reaction score
Well, not sure on Fable 4, they better bring some kind of evil boss, that is throughout the entire game, and is not weak.

Besides, if I had to play a FF game from the past, it would be 6.

shane states

Reaction score
6 was good as well, but after 7 that got bad.....

I agree a Super boss would be awesome for Fable IV

Status
Not open for further replies.