• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I'd be mad at myself.
But really, all Lionhead does is create completely different RPGs and title them Fable_ because it has a history of good sales. They make up some excuse like the sextant was made or so and so died. I mean really? In Fable 1 i didn't have to go to the chamber of fate to get will. People discovered they had will, some hero's couldn't even use it! If the Hero of Oakvale was that powerful hundreds of years later, then the Hero of Bowerstone was only slightly less powerful even more years later I'm sure 1 generation wouldn't require you to wear gauntlets!!!! It's just ridiculous. They need to stop thinking they know whats best for the series because they dont, let the fans decide. I've read really awesome stories on here and none of them are made canonical! it's just ridiculous how they've made 1 amazing game, 1 okay game, and 1 screw up game all consecutively. The Fable series will be one of those that devs recreate because it sucked after the second go even though it had massive potential.

The original Fable: TLC had much potential. And Yes they did screw it up. I don't care what anyone says, I've been watching the games progression, I've delved around in modding, and I know how, and what the games are made of. And to be honest I couldn't agree with you more. The Gauntlet system is a dumb addition. And to me it feels like the "Sanctuary" idea is a blatent rip-off of the second assassin creeds Mansion idea. They feel one and the same. The had 1 okay game but instead of building off that idea, they decided to go in a different direction entirely. Besides a few openly giant areas in Fable 2 (IE: Bowerlake, and Knothole) They still feel very much choked off...I really can't understand why they just couldn't use the original maps and build off those. there's nothing fermiliar in Fable 2, aside from the oakvale throw back, but even then it's all under marsh and you can't even visit it, and since that place looks moderatley the same, why does everywhere else look so drastically different, the landscape can't have changed THAT MUCH in 200 years. Look at real life, the Grand Canyon is still the grand canyon, it's not going to magically turn into a small river someday, with houses next to it. Not to mention, what'd they do with Nymphs? Or Dragons?..Or Trolls being able to sprout out of the ground wherever, and me being able to shoot the crap out of it, insdea of focusing on little nubs..??...but I'm ranting....My point is, I agree with you. :lol:
btw why the eff are so many people on this forum obsessed with child-killing? its sick, what the hell is wrong with these people? i feel bad enough when i slaughter innocents in Fable! I don't even know what full evil looks like in Fable 2, despite having played it at least 6 times. and people want to kill children too?? just wrong.

I don't understand why it's sick, it's the ultimate form of Evil. I for one, do not feel bad when I slaughter people in fable, all they do is "YAY!" or "BOO!" me all the time, they're not realistic enough for me to care. :D And have you played Ultimate Spider man? Because in that game, as Venom one of the first things they have you do is suck the life out of a lone child standing there with a balloon. And lets not even get started on bioshock. :) If I can't be ultimately evil I feel as if I have my control taken away. Not to mention, through modding, in the first game, if you don't kill the children in bowerstone you can't buy their houses. :) :devil:

Honestly, If Lionhead continues with the track record they've suddenly established with Fable II, and more so in Fable III, this forum will be a giant nostalgiafest with people talking about "the days" when Peter Molyneux was a visionary, not a money leach.

For me, it already is a big Nostalgia fest, thinking back to the days when I first played TLC and felt that magical feeling. Looked up "singing sword", "dragon cliff", and "the sandgoose" Information. :)

Fable 2 had great character morphing, I loved that you got alignment and purity, and the menus were perfectly fine. Lionhead were so f****** zealous in making Fable 3 "more accessible" that it alienated fans of the Fable series. I hate the shops in Fable 3, you have to look at each object to buy it? And you can't have more than one type of food?? How is that EASIER than a menu system?

Luckily, Lionhead's people read Fable forums so I doubt they will make the same mistake again. Also get rid of the damn dog. It's getting boring. However, I recently played Fable TLC again and found myself very lonely without the doggy. Maybe just fix it..

Fable 2 had great character morphing? I hardly noticed. :p I prefer my sexy horns from TLC, as well as the clouds of smoke that followed my everystep, and my brimstone hands and feet.... not to mention my butterflies and neato halo and glowing light from above for my good character.

and I hate to burst your bubble, but we've had lurking lionhead members in this forum ever since fable. If they didn't listen then, I doubt they'll listen now.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I really just want an epic story and epic enemy, and epic enemies. weapons, armors, and areas. the last two games the enemies, weapons, enemies, armors, and story have all epically failed.fable 3 was the worst of the 3. neither of them have come within 2,000,000 miles of a grain of sand from the bottom of a peasants shoe that lived during the events of the first game. the first game was THAT awesome, and the second and third sucked THAT MUCH.

Erika

Reaction score
i think they will completely rune it if they go further. personally i think the lack of magic is whats ruining the fables. in fable 3 there was NO magic. yea you could cast spells (and have wings maybe 30 mins of the hole gameplay), but ecsept for the darkness, theres no magic (music box don't count all you do is pick it up). i wont to play fable, not fallout. magic dragons has turnened into robot dogs! i didn't play fable, but from what iv seen in vids, it has more magic then 2 and 3. fable 2 had the spire, knothole islands, see the future (and probably more). fable 3... the darkness.... (also in fable 3, the weapons and spells totally suck! i wont my katana and chaos spells back! <.< and the one spell i saw in a fable vid of swords fighting with you.)

i think going in where guild was destroyed is a good idea... BUT, only if your like in war war 1 (or what ever time) and went back in time and could stop the guild really have many choices)
being distroyed. (other wise your gona be just like fable 3s 1st part of the game and no
you could go back in time, and depending what you do depends on what the war war 1 time (or what ever) is like. insetd of robots it could have dragons again. going back in time would really make the game interesting, AND keep the magic.

(Theresa could easily use the spire to go in time right?)

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
i think they will completely rune it if they go further. personally i think the lack of magic is whats ruining the fables. in fable 3 there was NO magic. yea you could cast spells (and have wings maybe 30 mins of the hole gameplay), but ecsept for the darkness, theres no magic (music box don't count all you do is pick it up). i wont to play fable, not fallout. magic dragons has turnened into robot dogs! i didn't play fable, but from what iv seen in vids, it has more magic then 2 and 3. fable 2 had the spire, knothole islands, see the future (and probably more). fable 3... the darkness.... (also in fable 3, the weapons and spells totally suck! i wont my katana and chaos spells back! <.< and the one spell i saw in a fable vid of swords fighting with you.)

i think going in where guild was destroyed is a good idea... BUT, only if your like in war war 1 (or what ever time) and went back in time and could stop the guild really have many choices)
being distroyed. (other wise your gona be just like fable 3s 1st part of the game and no
you could go back in time, and depending what you do depends on what the war war 1 time (or what ever) is like. insetd of robots it could have dragons again. going back in time would really make the game interesting, AND keep the magic.

(Theresa could easily use the spire to go in time right?)

I think there is supposed to be an obvious shift away from magic users. People believe less in magic and more in technology as time goes on. That's why you have Reaver Industries in Fable 3 - its a symbol that magic is being pushed out of the world. And that's why in Fable 2 Lucien wanted to build the Spire - he wanted to bring magic back, but at a cost of destroying the world.

Erika

Reaction score
I think there is supposed to be an obvious shift away from magic users. People believe less in magic and more in technology as time goes on. That's why you have Reaver Industries in Fable 3 - its a symbol that magic is being pushed out of the world. And that's why in Fable 2 Lucien wanted to build the Spire - he wanted to bring magic back, but at a cost of destroying the world.
i think i would have went on luciens side thin.... (granted i dont wont to distry the wordld)

that it! fable 4, world is distroyed again! lol. it kinda perfect... you get the heros guild and the magic back.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
wow, some of those last posts were painful to read. I don't really want to be a spelling nazi but the words 'then' and 'destroy' are spelled with 'e's not 'i's and want is spelled with an 'a' not an 'o'. Anyway, your time travel idea has been mentioned before and personally I think it should be done, but left until the last game of the series (whichever number that may be).

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
i think i would have went on luciens side thin.... (granted i dont wont to distry the wordld)

that it! fable 4, world is distroyed again! lol. it kinda perfect... you get the heros guild and the magic back.
People have had the idea of the Spire actually being activated, but that would basically be the same as travelling back in time, because the Spire destroyed the Old Kingdom meaning Albion had to start all over again. And also, to quote that dude
wow, some of those last posts were painful to read. I don't really want to be a spelling nazi but the words 'then' and 'destroy' are spelled with 'e's not 'i's and want is spelled with an 'a' not an 'o'.
Please try to spell like a human, rather than a cat running across a keyboard.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
im rather enjoying fable III.. i like it better then II AND ONE so far ( yes i said it )

Status
Not open for further replies.