• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
If that happens, I will be pretty ****ed at you for giving them that idea.

Also, on another thought, anyone else want the Fable series to do something with the age of piracy? Not exclusivly on boats, but just to explore more.
I'd be mad at myself.
But really, all Lionhead does is create completely different RPGs and title them Fable_ because it has a history of good sales. They make up some excuse like the sextant was made or so and so died. I mean really? In Fable 1 i didn't have to go to the chamber of fate to get will. People discovered they had will, some hero's couldn't even use it! If the Hero of Oakvale was that powerful hundreds of years later, then the Hero of Bowerstone was only slightly less powerful even more years later I'm sure 1 generation wouldn't require you to wear gauntlets!!!! It's just ridiculous. They need to stop thinking they know whats best for the series because they dont, let the fans decide. I've read really awesome stories on here and none of them are made canonical! it's just ridiculous how they've made 1 amazing game, 1 okay game, and 1 screw up game all consecutively. The Fable series will be one of those that devs recreate because it sucked after the second go even though it had massive potential.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself.

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
I'd be mad at myself.
But really, all Lionhead does is create completely different RPGs and title them Fable_ because it has a history of good sales. They make up some excuse like the sextant was made or so and so died. I mean really? In Fable 1 i didn't have to go to the chamber of fate to get will. People discovered they had will, some hero's couldn't even use it! If the Hero of Oakvale was that powerful hundreds of years later, then the Hero of Bowerstone was only slightly less powerful even more years later I'm sure 1 generation wouldn't require you to wear gauntlets!!!! It's just ridiculous. They need to stop thinking they know whats best for the series because they dont, let the fans decide. I've read really awesome stories on here and none of them are made canonical! it's just ridiculous how they've made 1 amazing game, 1 okay game, and 1 screw up game all consecutively. The Fable series will be one of those that devs recreate because it sucked after the second go even though it had massive potential.

I think Fable 2's systems (for pretty much everything) were spot on, but the story was the worst of all 3. Fable 2 had great character morphing, I loved that you got alignment and purity, and the menus were perfectly fine. Lionhead were so ****ing zealous in making Fable 3 "more accessible" that it alienated fans of the Fable series. I hate the shops in Fable 3, you have to look at each object to buy it? And you can't have more than one type of food?? How is that EASIER than a menu system?

Luckily, Lionhead's people read Fable forums so I doubt they will make the same mistake again. Also get rid of the damn dog. It's getting boring. However, I recently played Fable TLC again and found myself very lonely without the doggy. Maybe just fix it.

I think Fable 4 will totally rock because they have now had the chance to be more or less RPG like than Fable 1, and should be able to find a good balance. Also, bring back the Heroes Guild. It's boring being the most powerful being in the known universe. It's like playing a game as Superman but your only enemies are little children with water guns.

Vyan

Reaction score
Don't rub in the fact that we still can't slaughter children. :(

IIRC back when the first Fable was still in development, Lionhead got a pretty twisted letter from a fan asking if that was possible based on the Bowerstone school screenshots and if it could be taken even further by skinning the kiddies and wearing their hides as clothing. :devil:

It would be cool to loot balverines and hobbes however and tailor clothes from them. I doubt Lionhead would be that bothered to implement it as an upcoming feature in FIV though.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
Well I mean I usually play good characters... but when I play bad characters... I want to do things that would make me vomit in real life. No skinning a child would be a good start. Lol... and to see a kids face as he's finished with a final from a sword... lol

I've a very dark sense of humor... ^_^

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Nah, they'll never allow child murder in a Fable game. Very few games allow it because they want to avoid flak from the moral guardians.

As for Fable 4, I'm hoping that they'll get their stuff in order. One thing that bothered me after TLC was the limited movement of the Hero. In all three games the hero is essentially stuck to the ground, but it was less othersome because of the obvious corridor environment. In the two next though, it's a little jarring to have the hero glued to the floor in such an open environment. I know you can vault fences and the like, but you have to be close to it. I can't jump whenever I like (as in Oblivion or Red Dead Redemption or many other games). F3 felt very claustrophobic to me for that reason.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Killing children in video games is banned in the UK. Simple as that. Otherwise, they would've done it as far as TLC if people demanded it.

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
They should give us a choice whether to keep the dog or not and bring back dog-morphing, maybe even let us choose our own pet?
In Fable 2 I loved my dog (It had red eyes, I called it Hellhound :D) I nearly cried when it got shot, but in Fable 3 the dog annoyed me immensly. It sensed treasure that I already could see -_-

Reaction score
One of the things that made Fable 3 not as good as the others is they tryed to simplify it too much, just to make it more accesible but it stripped it of alot of good things, dont try and simplify a game thats already pretty simple (Fable 1) it just makes it feel like a washed out product, is Oblivion simple? No, is Dragon Age simple? No, it dosent need to be as complex as these games but not so simple that it feels like half a game, Fable 1 was spot on, us fans (most of us?) think it was the best game, take the hint Lionhead ;).

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Honestly, the thing that made me mad about Fable was the fact that in order to enjoy the game i always felt i had to rush through.
In Oblivion it was so unbelievably open that I was overwhelmed in a way that I didn't really care about being a compete and utter completionist. I knew that I had an awesome character, I knew that I didn't need nor want Xbox live to complete my character. I knew that it was so open and ginormous that everyone else was going at the same pace with their first play-through. And the slower you went the better experience. Fable just seems rushed, like to actually enjoy the game I needed to go through it in 1 day or else I'll get bored with the redundant side quests. Like that archaeologist quest(fable II?) I didn't get a weapon, I didn't get anything but a gem.. yeah it looked cool in my items menu, but I couldn't decorate my house with it, I certainly wasn't going to trade it to anyone, it was just there... so I knew that after all those boring quests I had this stupid jewel that was absolutely worthless. Thats why elder Scrolls will always be the king of all RPG's, because it still actually is an RPG!!! I want to be able to take on the role of anyone, any type of person.. and all Lionhead does is give me some prefab character to work with while Johnny over there is on his 12th Play-through of Oblivion, having a completely different experience each and every time, and I'm stuck waiting 3 more years for a subpar game that'll take what....16 hours to complete..and that includes every side quest, every item, every single crevice of the game needs to be exploited to get even 16 hours out of it? Honestly, If Lionhead continues with the track record they've suddenly established with Fable II, and more so in Fable III, this forum will be a giant nostalgiafest with people talking about "the days" when Peter Molyneux was a visionary, not a money leach.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
Killing children in video games is banned in the UK. Simple as that. Otherwise, they would've done it as far as TLC if people demanded it.
Ah, and the American learns something new. That explains a lot of things to me actually. Thank you. ^_^

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Thats why elder Scrolls will always be the king of all RPG's, because it still actually is an RPG!!! I want to be able to take on the role of anyone, any type of person.quote]

I can agree with that! Fable 3 has lost almost all RPG elements and feels like a weird mix of sim, action and RPG. But there is hope: the Elder Scrolls V is coming out in November!

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
One of the things that made Fable 3 not as good as the others is they tryed to simplify it too much, just to make it more accesible but it stripped it of alot of good things, dont try and simplify a game thats already pretty simple (Fable 1) it just makes it feel like a washed out product.

This is very true, the simplification seriously annoyed me. The way I see it, Molyneux was ferocious in his attempt to make Fable more "accessible". But he alienated his fans, and I think that Fable I and II have a very loyal fanbase. He should make games for people who enjoy Fable, not so that everyone can play it. Otherwise you end up dumbing everything down. Especially the lack of menus. God, that annoyed me.

Some true masterpieces of art, music, film, or anything else creative, are only appealing to a select number of people. If they took all the violence out of A Clockwork Orange, or all the geekiness out of Star Wars, yeah they may be more appealing to a mass audience, but then they would not be nearly as good, because if you try to make everyone happy, no-one will be.

btw why the eff are so many people on this forum obsessed with child-killing? its sick, what the hell is wrong with these people? i feel bad enough when i slaughter innocents in Fable! I don't even know what full evil looks like in Fable 2, despite having played it at least 6 times. and people want to kill children too?? just wrong.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
btw why the eff are so many people on this forum obsessed with child-killing? its sick, what the hell is wrong with these people? i feel bad enough when i slaughter innocents in Fable! I don't even know what full evil looks like in Fable 2, despite having played it at least 6 times. and people want to kill children too?? just wrong.

I think it's along the lines of "alway want what you cant have", think people are just mentioning it because they cant kill children....that or we have some future arrests on our hands
blink.gif
lol.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
I think it's along the lines of "alway want what you cant have", think people are just mentioning it because they cant kill children....that or we have some future arrests on our hands :blink: lol.
Exactly. It's not that I want to kill children... I just like the option of slaughtering children.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
None of the beings of the Void are coming back for future Fable games, especially not Jack! They won't be set in the Old Kingdom or the fall of the Guild either. We already know what happens in those time periods. Fable is about making your own choices. If we played as William Black and defeated the Court, we wouldn't get to make our own choices. We would just play through the choices that William Black made.

Fable will also never be set in a modern or futuristic time period. If the next two games were set close enough in time to Fable 3 and to each other, they could probably squeeze out a little more time on the timeline before ranged weaponry made melee weaponry obsolete (which would effectively ruin Fable). However, there is one thing they could do. It's a little radical, but I would enjoy it. Theresa might be looking at the world and decide that it is too industrialized and too corrupt, and she might decide to use the Spire to end that society much like the first Archon did in hopes of a purer one taking its place. Then, Fable 4 and 5 can still be set in the future, but we can be put back into a TLC-like setting a while after Albion is being recreated. I can sort of see Lionhead doing this, but it is more unlikely than it is likely.
I like the idea of a prequel, but you do have a point, it wouldn't have as much room for choices.
Also, I like the spire idea too. but I want a hero between 1 and 2, there is lots of room and there is no defined lore of that time period. maybe the child of chicken chaser/hero of oakvale? I wanna see like, at the beginning you are born in oakvale, and then you grow up, and you do a baby, child, teen, and then adult sequence, being trained by the new master of the heroes guild, the hero of oakvale, your father. and then you do all the hero stuff and in the game somewhere your father is killed or sacrifices himself to save you and your family by giving you his power and then you go defeat an enemy that rivals or exceeds the awesome of jack of blades. that would be damn sweet.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
I like the idea of a prequel, but you do have a point, it wouldn't have as much room for choices.
Also, I like the spire idea too. but I want a hero between 1 and 2, there is lots of room and there is no defined lore of that time period. maybe the child of chicken chaser/hero of oakvale? I wanna see like, at the beginning you are born in oakvale, and then you grow up, and you do a baby, child, teen, and then adult sequence, being trained by the new master of the heroes guild, the hero of oakvale, your father. and then you do all the hero stuff and in the game somewhere your father is killed or sacrifices himself to save you and your family by giving you his power and then you go defeat an enemy that rivals or exceeds the awesome of jack of blades. that would be damn sweet.
Wouldn't it have been written in the Fable Lore by now if there was a menace to Albion greater than Jack?

Also, I'm still hoping in Fable four they just say screw it and let us battle "The King of Blades", which may not even exist.

(Also, what if there is a Jack of Will and a Jack of Skill? :eek:)

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
there isnt, and so what if it isnt in fable lore, it could've just never been discovered or written about yet... maybe it was at the time of the great guild burning and that overlapped the battle. and your character could be the only hero to survive and had babies to keep the bloodline flowing.

Oh btw, jack of skill and will, isnt in fable lore either :O but jack, king, and queen of blades are.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
there isnt, and so what if it isnt in fable lore, it could've just never been discovered or written about yet... maybe it was at the time of the great guild burning and that overlapped the battle. and your character could be the only hero to survive and had babies to keep the bloodline flowing.

Oh btw, jack of skill and will, isnt in fable lore either :O but jack, king, and queen of blades are.
Well they have to come up with new ideas for the game to continue... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.