• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Warning Thread contains spoilers!

As much as I've been hating on the fable series since it went a different direction since Fable TLC I've recently only just realised that the five games added together in a canonical story arc do add something to each other. Fable 1 & TLC saw the fall of the last of the court (Jack of Blades) the rest of the court having been destroyed thousands of years ago in the Old Kingdom by William Black. In Fable 2 we got the spire back which was in the O.K, and in F3 we discovered Shade light Dungeon which lets face it was more of a prison for the crawler whom was locked up by the three heroes named in the journey.

In the journey having seen the crawler defeated we get the chance to kill off the original darkness itself along with the corrupter, temptress and that other dude. All these big darkness captains were created from the corruption of William black when he entered the void to defeat the court.

So now after F:TJ my question for you all is this... what plotlines come next? Afterall the original enemy that has secretly haunted Albion since its founding has been defeated, the court is gone and so is the darkness. Could we possibly go into prequels now? Into the O.K? Also do you think Scythe will make a reappearance (if we keep going further into the future)? If so that will confirm that he is William Black also why didn't he appear in F:TJ to help gabriel? Or appear to Theresa when she took command of the spire? Have the developers got anything in particular in mind or are they just swinging bats in the dark hoping what they write sounds cool enough to put out into the games?

Also what of the minions? A great deal of them were trapped in Aurora under the corruption & they were also controlled by Jack, but they were created by Old Kingdom Bowerstone guards so will we ever see them be brought back as a tool for justice, freedom and the Albion way.
-p.gif
No particular reason for Theresa being immortal was ever given either to my knowledge.

And in the next games would you like to see Samarkand, Hook Coast, Witchwood/knothole glade & the northern wastes which weren't in Fable 3? Which I think is quite stupid as, as a monarch I would of wanted to combine all of Albion to rule over every land and to visit every country and isle there was to gain support.

My final question, killing Reaver. Yes I still want to kill him also the court of shadows.... has that got anything to do with the corruption? Or is it more to do with the temple of shadows?

Ok I'm done boring you all, so you may begin discussing all this jargon.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
They are different entities - the court of shadows, the corruption and the temple of shadows.
But all three must be from the Void?
I don't know if the novels and short stories are conon for fable but wouldn't a sequal to F:TJ be some kind of rescue mission for the king and finish ousting the Empress from Samarkand? I'd love a prequal believe me but Lionhead must care about tying up lose ends... i think..
Scyth.. why the name Scyth? what does William Black to with his immortal life and what is this sililarity to the Grim Reaper?
There could still be a King Of Blades... i'm sticking with this ;|

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
You know, perhaps Reaver has a major plan.. He does deals with the Void.. Who knows what new problems he could cause..

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Nooo, they put the Shadow Court in the game as the destroyers of Oakvale for a reason.. A major event like that must have took some thinking.. Maybe more about Reaver's history has yet to be told.. Where the hell did that building pop up from in the first place? -_-

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Nothing I said there was wrong.. What I am trying to say is that something must have pushed Reaver to want immortality and maybe there is more to the story of the destruction of Oakvale than what Reaver ad Theresa have told us.
A building does not sprout up out of a corn fielf from out of nowhere...

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
Nothing I said there was wrong.. What I am trying to say is that something must have pushed Reaver to want immortality and maybe there is more to the story of the destruction of Oakvale than what Reaver ad Theresa have told us.
A building does not sprout up out of a corn fielf from out of nowhere...

I think your looking too much into it, man. lol Everyone is afraid of death, Reaver just found a way to cheat it. Plus he didn't know it was going to happened he says that in his diary part 5 in F2.

"I awoke from the nightmare again. One would think more than two hundred years would suffice to blunt it's steel. But still I see Oakvale devoured by shadows. Still those shrieks fill the air. How much longer must I live before they fall silent?Such dreams belong to another time. To another man. One who would recoil from the things I've done since that night. Who might even care about all the sacrifices I've offered up to the odious Judges over... over how long? Hundreds of years?
I see that man as he was back then. As beautiful as me, as fiery as me, but so delicate. So breakable. And so afraid of death. I see him summon the Shadow Court into this world, oblivious to the consequences. He asks them for immunity for the disease of time and death, and they grant it.
Then I see him running madly through fields, the realisation of just what price he has unwittingly paid hanging like a tragedy mask from his face. He falls to his knees before the town he called home-- now a dark circus of screams. Hers is among them, but he can do nothing to stop it.
What a weak, despicable man he is. But I am not he. I am Reaver. And I will sleep much better after this chalice of wine."

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
No, something is missing. As I said, where did the building come from?
By summoning the Shadow Court, the town originally home to the Hero Of Oakvale, Theresa and Scarlet Robe was destroyed. It's a significant even :|
And considering the Shadow Court is clearly not native to Albion, it can be assumed that they are from the Void. I think they'll play a big role in the coming sequel. Reaver has the throne. Reaver serves the Shadow Court. Reaver wants his debt to them to end.

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
No, something is missing. As I said, where did the building come from?
By summoning the Shadow Court, the town originally home to the Hero Of Oakvale, Theresa and Scarlet Robe was destroyed. It's a significant even :|
And considering the Shadow Court is clearly not native to Albion, it can be assumed that they are from the Void. I think they'll play a big role in the coming sequel. Reaver has the throne. Reaver serves the Shadow Court. Reaver wants his debt to them to end.

The building was built later Thersea says in the game that Oakvale was destroyed the second and final time 100 years after the Jack of Blades attack. Look how much Albion changed from F2 to F3. Oakvale had to change in that time. lol Oakvale was only important in F1. Tho I was thinking about the ending off the journey what if Theresea knowing that she was weakened and needed to continue the bloodline. She used her blood to restart the bloodline.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
The building was built later Thersea says in the game that Oakvale was destroyed the second and final time 100 years after the Jack of Blades attack. Look how much Albion changed from F2 to F3. Oakvale had to change in that time. lol Oakvale was only important in F1. Tho I was thinking about the ending off the journey what if Theresea knowing that she was weakened and needed to continue the bloodline. She used her blood to restart the bloodline.
It was only important in F1 because it was destroyed some few hundred years before F2 and became known as Wraithmarsh..
There's bound to be more to the story. The ruins are located exactly where you first meet Theresa. The shadows (presumably from the Void) had the power to destroy the whole town. And they still exist outside of the Void with the Hero Of Skill serving them.
As for restarting the bloodline, i don't think that is how it works. But hell, it's Lionhead so expect anything haha

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
It was only important in F1 because it was destroyed some few hundred years before F2 and became known as Wraithmarsh..
There's bound to be more to the story. The ruins are located exactly where you first meet Theresa. The shadows (presumably from the Void) had the power to destroy the whole town. And they still exist outside of the Void with the Hero Of Skill serving them.
As for restarting the bloodline, i don't think that is how it works. But hell, it's Lionhead so expect anything haha

Hahaha true. I'm thinking on the lines of immaculate conception. Like the new hero 's mom gets pregnant and he /she finds out that they are Theresa / Hero of Oakvale Recarnated. Either way the main series is about the Hero Bloodline so it has to reshow some how? Theresa' s wish will some how do that we just don't have any info. lol

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Maybe Gabriel is just like her. And I guess that could give him heroic blood and maybe he can start a heroic bloodline.. I like the idea of that, but why in F4 would this take off? Surely they don't plan more sequals, the success of the franchise is waning andwe don't yet know how the Hero of Brightwall is and if he has a bloodline.
What is the Heart Of The Spire that she gives to Gabriel? o_O

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
Maybe Gabriel is just like her. And I guess that could give him heroic blood and maybe he can start a heroic bloodline.. I like the idea of that, but why in F4 would this take off? Surely they don't plan more sequals, the success of the franchise is waning andwe don't yet know how the Hero of Brightwall is and if he has a bloodline.
What is the Heart Of The Spire that she gives to Gabriel? :blink:

The series isn't waning. lol Fable 3 sold more copies then the first two. Almost 5 million copies. It makes micosoft alot of money. lol Older fans are complaining more but the series is selling more. The Journey was made to get people to buy the kinect.lol The way I saw the ending was she gave her powers to Gabriel so he could be the overseer of Albion. We know that her wish will somehow restart the bloodline or create a new bloodline with all three abilities but we don't know how. I was thinking that maybe the next hero needs to awaken his abilities by touching the heart or by touching that it will give the a person abilities starting a new bloodline.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of like how the guild seal works..
I just don't see how it fits in with Garth, Reaver, The Hero Of Oakvale, Scythe etc.. They are still around. The Corrupter is gone for now. Why even bother doing something as ridiculous as passing on bloodline hero abilities to random people? I don't like the idea.
And no, what I mean is that the crytics are bashing Fable 'cause it has progressively worsened, so I was expecting this 5th Fable installment to simply tie up loose ends and then either reboot the game series or start a prequal, not increase the possibility of more post industrial fable games with weak storylines -_-

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
If there aren't any heroes born you would have to make heroes then. Especially if a great evil is coming. Logan left Albion after f3 from what was said in The Journey and edge of the world he didn't carry the trait that made heroes.So his grandkid could come back to Albion and have his /her abilities awaken? Or Gabriel could find someone that was like himself and turn them into a hero. Also the heart I would think would give the hero as pure of abilities as the Hero of Oakvale/ Brownstone. Which out the really useless one like in F1. I don't think it would be someone random. It would be someone that would show his/ her bravery and be chosen to be the next hero to save Albion.

The bloodline for all heroes except Reaver are dead. He's the only hero left at the this point. Fable's main story line follows the Black's bloodline so i think this will be rebirthing of the bloodline story. The game got really good scores on most websites. The only ones that I hear bash the the game all the time are fans that think Fable 1 is the greatest game. lol There's no way they will make a prequel, there's no point too. The industrial age so far is good in Fable it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.I think we will see more creatures this time around also. I think they should keep the combat from f3 except bring back the crosshair system from F2. Bring back a list system of sorts. I like the sanctuary and road to rule. But if it means keeping it or getting a list system back. I'm fine losing it. lol Keep the map from f3 but bring back the scarring system and character customizing from F2 and I'll be happy. lol Also make a hard long boss fight.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
If there aren't any heroes born you would have to make heroes then. Especially if a great evil is coming. Logan left Albion after f3 from what was said in The Journey and edge of the world he didn't carry the trait that made heroes.So his grandkid could come back to Albion and have his /her abilities awaken? Or Gabriel could find someone that was like himself and turn them into a hero. Also the heart I would think would give the hero as pure of abilities as the Hero of Oakvale/ Brownstone. Which out the really useless one like in F1. I don't think it would be someone random. It would be someone that would show his/ her bravery and be chosen to be the next hero to save Albion.

The bloodline for all heroes except Reaver are dead. He's the only hero left at the this point. Fable's main story line follows the Black's bloodline so i think this will be rebirthing of the bloodline story. The game got really good scores on most websites. The only ones that I hear bash the the game all the time are fans that think Fable 1 is the greatest game. lol There's no way they will make a prequel, there's no point too. The industrial age so far is good in Fable it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.I think we will see more creatures this time around also. I think they should keep the combat from f3 except bring back the crosshair system from F2. Bring back a list system of sorts. I like the sanctuary and road to rule. But if it means keeping it or getting a list system back. I'm fine losing it. lol Keep the map from f3 but bring back the scarring system and character customizing from F2 and I'll be happy. lol Also make a hard long boss fight.
I don't believe that the Hero Of Brightwall is dead. I don't think Garth is dead. And there is no way Reaver is dead. Layla is bound to be pregnant. There's a number of heroes there, plus all the other characters like Page, Timmins, Ben Finn and Jaspar the awesome dragon were still alive and in the middle of their own missions! There's far too much going on in fable to be adding the possibility of a new bloodline :S i just dislike the idea -_-
My wishlists can be found on other threads so there's no need to repeat myself, but we should expect a lot of new shizzle if this sequal is to be released on the new console :')

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
Garth has to be dead the story line is 90 years after F2. lol Plus Thersea even said that Hammer was dead and if she's dead then Garth has got to be dead. I think we will pick up on Ben and Page in there 60's still leading a rebel force against Reaver's rule. Or Ben and Page's kids leading a group against Reaver. lol Plus the bloodline is dead in The Journey. Tho it could be that no heroes of the bloodline ( meaning Logan and his offspring) were in Albion during that time. Wishful thinking. lol It probably will be a rebirth of the bloodline or a new bloodline.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Garth is a master of will, he was in Edge Of The World and Ben, the Auroran leader and Jasper the awesome sand dragon were still alive after the failed attack on Samarkand.. We have yet to hear of what became of them. I will not accept that they will kill off the Hero Of Brightwall and all of those characters without even a cinematic or prologue! -_- I seriously hate The Journey, other than the last 20 minutes or so of the game, it was complete crap and i's messed up th whole storyline.. Yes, i'll be 20 when fable 4 comes out and i WILL have a paddy if they are all declared KIA. If it were declared that all heroes had fallen during the Corruption's assault and Gabriel is to be the new Archon of some new old kingdom, i could accept it i guess.. I still want to see more of Jaspar though lol

Advent

The Bard King
Reaction score
What i want to see in fable 4 is the return of Avo and Skorm. I know that they were't actual entities, but phuenominon. ;] I would love the return of them. Or perhaps Maze rises as an intelligent hollowman, examples of intelligent hollowmen :Nostro, or the hollow man who was protecting the gem in fable 2 cemetary. And maze himself seeks to rule the new world with his older, much more powerful magic.

I would love to see more throwbacks into fables past. Like the rediscovery od Snowspire, now as a thriveing country. Or the discovery of J.O.B. in solidified lava((obsidian, besalt)). Remember Jack Of Blades was not the person, he was the mask, the body was just a host. I dont think I relic that powerful would be able to be destroyed by just meer lava.