• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable announcement incoming?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
51359931.jpg
It seems an announcement could be on its way for the true sequel to Fable 3 after Lionhead have reopened their forums. After Molyneux's departure he claimed he was leaving the series in safe hands & they went through a restructuring period but it seems that an announcement on a new title is imminent (E3). Maybe one of the 15 Xbox One exclusives...?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I suppose it's possible. Fable always has been exclusive to the Xbox (if you don't count 1 and 3 on PC), and E3 is coming up. I've been waiting for this coming E3 for quite some time just hoping that they would reveal Fable 4 there. And reopening the Lionhead forums is definitely a good sign. If there's an announcement coming soon, they're probably trying to facilitate discussion about it. I'm very curious to see what the next installment of Fable will be like without Peter though. I'm expecting some significant differences, but I just have no idea what kinds of things would get changed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I suppose it's possible. Fable always has been exclusive to the Xbox (if you don't count 1 and 3 on PC), and E3 is coming up. I've been waiting for this coming E3 for quite some time just hoping that they would reveal Fable 4 there. And reopening the Lionhead forums is definitely a good sign. If there's an announcement coming soon, they're probably trying to facilitate discussion about it. I'm very curious to see what the next installment of Fable will be like without Peter though. I'm expecting some significant differences, but I just have no idea what kinds of things would get changed.

Hopefully they scrap the whole action adventure idea & start leaning back towards an RPG. Just with more well thought out features that are actually useful rather than half arsed ones that serve no purpose but to look pretty on the box taglines.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say it, but we're all thinking it: I believe Molyneux keeping his proverbial fingers out of this possible sequel will be a good thing.

Aniratak

Reaction score
Lionhead just released this teaser:

It means a remake of Fable 1 is incoming!!

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Hmmm.... not sure what to think of it... A HD release of TLC?

I mean, its hard to screw up a HD remake, but this is Lionhead we're talking about. Minus the original Fable crew.

Will my golden tree be in this version?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
News released faster than I thought and I dont mind a remake as its not like its taking Fable IV's place just being used as a gap filler & to better gauge what works & what doesnt from the original with gamers of today.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
I think it's important to remember that Molyneux is gone. Atleast if this remake turns out to be a shambles, it won't have been chalked up to be THE BEST GAME EVER leading up to release.

Hoping for the best, reserving excitement for the worst!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I think it's important to remember that Molyneux is gone. Atleast if this remake turns out to be a shambles, it won't have been chalked up to be THE BEST GAME EVER leading up to release.

Hoping for the best, reserving excitement for the worst!

I think we should all do our best to counteract past over-excitement by filling the forum with assurances that Fable IV will suck great big glass balls.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Why don't people just keep cautiously optimistic rather than outright slamming things & casting them aside before they have even been announced?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Why don't people just keep cautiously optimistic rather than outright slamming things & casting them aside before they have even been announced?

But Drakan! It's the inverse of "shoot for the stars, at least you'll hit the moon." If you aim low enough, ANYTHING becomes a victory.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
But Drakan! It's the inverse of "shoot for the stars, at least you'll hit the moon." If you aim low enough, ANYTHING becomes a victory.

Low expectations are fine but saying something is going to suck doesnt sound like people have any desire to purchase at any point & have already given up all hope of it actually being any good at all. It throws a negative spin towards everyone to discount it already.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I heard Fable Anniversary will make your eyes bleed and kill your dog.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I know, right? Even I got tired of doing that.