• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable as a Graphic Novel?

B

blu phoenix

Fable as a Graphic Novel?

I did a search through the search engine, but nothing came up so hopefully this topic hasn't been discussed before. I was just wondering if you could imagine Fable becoming a graphic novel at any point in time. I know it's most likely not going to happen, but I can picture it. Realistically anyone could do a fable graphic novel and I would be highly interested to see it. Maybe instead of your basic Hero storyline, it would focus more on other characters such as Maze, Briar Rose, Jack, Weaver(The Guildmaster), Scythe, and more. We could actually see what happened to them and read about their adventures. I was in fact thinking about maybe writing a small fan fiction of sorts, some what like this, but the thing is it would be so much more amazing seeing it drawn out and stuff. So umm...what do you think? Have any ideas that you would want to see in the graphic novel?

Oh and if this needs to be moved then please do move it to it's proper place, and hopefully this won't get closed.

R

Rhadiel

Re: Fable as a Graphic Novel?

hmmmm actually...i can definitely see it as a graphic novel....i think its a pretty good idea

id like to see the GuildMasters story...and Scythes

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Ah. I'd love to see something like this.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

As the cutscenes were more still pictures with narrative i could see it working quite well as a graphic novel.

R

Rhadiel

Dark Drakan;97015 said:
As the cutscenes were more still pictures with narrative i could see it working quite well as a graphic novel.

hmmm ya i can see it that way......cool suggestion drakan

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I would like to read in depth character profiles. ^_^

B

blu phoenix

Dark Drakan;97015 said:

Yes, I could see some of the cutscenes incorporated into the novel. It would actually work quite well, and hey maybe some of the concept art could be put into the novel too.

Any other ideas or thoughts about what you would want to see in the novel, anyone?

R

Rhadiel

i got some

• for each book ( if it would be a series) have the story of one character.
  • EX. Book One. Hero
  • Book Two. Whisper
  • Book Three. Maze
  • Book 4. Scythe and so on and so forth

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I'd read the Jack of Blades book :devil: :D

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

The stories behind the charcters, eh? Like the tale how Whisper and Thunder came to Albion, or how the Guild was planned and built. Hell, there could even be the history of the Old Kingdom. It makes me think of a good name for the book: "Fable: The Oracle's Tales". It could all center around what the Oracle speaks of, and is narrated by the voices.

B

blu phoenix

Seigfreid;97106 said:
The stories behind the charcters, eh? Like the tale how Whisper and Thunder came to Albion, or how the Guild was planned and built. Hell, there could even be the history of the Old Kingdom. It makes me think of a good name for the book: "Fable: The Oracle's Tales". It could all center around what the Oracle speaks of, and is narrated by the voices.

Wow, what an excellent idea. I love the title too.

You know I think I'm getting a little inspired here...

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

aye ted be a gd idea
by the way im trying to type like a moron lol

H

Hexadecimal

andythegill;97178 said:
aye ted be a gd idea
by the way im trying to type like a moron lol

... mission accomplished :lol:

K

Kagazem

A Fable manga... that would be awesome!

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

We'll need to make sure that the artist specializes in western design, seeing Fable in anime form is just wrong. It must retain its original design, like you see in the artworks and such. Then again, we could have the guy who designed the artwork for the game to do the manga... yeah, that would work. I'm off to kidna- I mean find the artist and ask him to do this for us... yeah.

A

Arbiter2010

I'd definately buy this book, It should just have a bunch of short stories from the Fable universe in it.