• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III Patch Details Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
This is a message that was posted on Lionhead Studios from one of the Moderators that said Lionhead are aware of the situation and a patch should be released soon:

"A patch will be coming soon and Lionhead is definitely working diligently on getting one out as quickly as possible."

While he may "only be a moderator" he is a ridiculous veteran on the boards and in the loop with lionhead team. This has been backed up by many many people on the forums. like..many. He is ridiculously well known.

He also said this:

"As mentioned, a patch is indeed coming. Regarding an official statement on the patch itself I've talked to the community team and let them know that a brief statement would go a long way to assuage the concerns of some. I'm sure you can expect something from the team soon."

Link: http://lionhead.com/forums/t/291692.aspx

Hopefully we get that patch very soon. I miss Jasper's voice :(

Source: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fableiii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56942009&pid=971431

MissAlbion89

Hero Of Albion
Reaction score
Is that why I can't hear Jasper? Everytime I go into the Sanctuary I expect him to talk and he just doesn't :(.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
am I the only one that didn't see any bugs?

... I'm yet to see anything go wrong. Apart from the slightly blurry cut scenes and a tiny bit of lag I've only seen twice over 2 characters, I really don't know what's wrong.

Poor buggers who got broken games!

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Is that why I can't hear Jasper? Everytime I go into the Sanctuary I expect him to talk and he just doesn't :(.
Yeah it's not only that unfortunately :( I can't leave the Sanctuary without quick traveling on the Map and I can't access the Road to Rule at all unless I move through a gate at a certain point in the game.

Shoe

Reaction score

... I'm yet to see anything go wrong. Apart from the slightly blurry cut scenes and a tiny bit of lag I've only seen twice over 2 characters, I really don't know what's wrong.

Nope, my game is fine too!

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
I have the same Jasper's voice problem. A patch would be very welcome. I love this game so much but the bugs... they're infuriating.

James161324

Reaction score
A patch would be awesome. I had the jasper voice drop out.

OsirusThone

Reaction score

Nope, my game is fine too!

Mine is also perfectly fine.

mcatrage

Reaction score
Good, I hope it minimizes the game lagging as well that I seem to experience pretty often. I found Jasper annoying but now I'm missing it over the silence I get now.

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score
Jasper's voice just crapped out for me this evening... so sad...:/

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
My copy seems to be working okay. I get the occasional lag, but Jasper has also stopped talking as well whenever I enter the sanctuary. Hope fully this patch will be worth the wait and will amend a lot of these problems that people have reported.

Pink

Reaction score
No bugs or glitches for me yet, so good luck to you guys.

Veryl

Reaction score
Anyone else get crazy lag in co-op? When I'm in someones co-op game and a big incounter happens they monster and the host just slide around and I cant hit anything. I know it's not me, I've been playing on xbox live for 5+ years with no lag issues. I'd like to see this fixed if it can be...

Mlaar

Reaction score
Ahh this is the reason for Jaspers inactivity!! only other problem ive encountered is when holding hands on occasion it has made me move at snails pace regardless how far I am from the objective

Mark

Reaction score
i'm surprised some people having no glitches (frame rate issues and popping on and off from various vegetation nearby).

*glowing trail not responding to new quests, changed quests, or just unresponsive yet shows up as you walk ONLY around your character with no actual trail. (huge issues with this)
*a certain chicken gathering quest
*the game freezing after some quests are completed, for the next part to play (the above chicken one features the beginning of at least 3 of these quests).
*amazing ability for the NPCs to still get stuck in objects (or when holding hands get stuck between a chest and you)
*chests not working, and you have to go back and forward until the "A" shows up.
*wayward lip syncing
*Major Swift being refrenced on his wanted poster as CAPTAIN Swift (tut tut)

I could be here a while, some i noticed others i mostly ignored as i was enjoing the game.. lets face it on the glitch and bug front it isn't exactly Fallout 3 or Las Vegas.

Just wish the game handled quests in a far easier way, considering the amount of action RPGS and all kinds of RPGs on the market as well as knowledge from Fable 1 (rubbish), Fable 2 (what Fable 1 should have been), this is surprising.

I do like the fact they included an EA trick (dragons age) having Jasper trying to make you buy that damned dog costume for 160 points (laughable) everytime you pop back to the sanctuary.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i'm not personally having too many issues with glitches and whatnot, but the community is extremely restless about it all.
the moderator did good to assure people, but lionhead should be. this is probably the worst PR i have ever seen in a single company. they have a reputation for overtalking their games, that's fine. but when the majority of the fan base is up in arms, and you're working ever so hard to release a patch to please them, how hard could it possibly be to just leave a "don't worry" on the lionhead boards, or twitter, or something. i know they care about the fans, but they have a terrible way of showing it.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
i'm not personally having too many issues with glitches and whatnot, but the community is extremely restless about it all.
the moderator did good to assure people, but lionhead should be. this is probably the worst PR i have ever seen in a single company. they have a reputation for overtalking their games, that's fine. but when the majority of the fan base is up in arms, and you're working ever so hard to release a patch to please them, how hard could it possibly be to just leave a "don't worry" on the lionhead boards, or twitter, or something. i know they care about the fans, but they have a terrible way of showing it.
I have to agree with you here, it would be nice of LH to give us some updates on this patch and reassure us that it's being worked on and an expected timeline. They released this game way too early and should have been tested more. It's all about the money obviously.

Luddekuddden

Reaction score
one time when i was dying mah clothes i suddenly could just walk around, but the list of what things to dye was still there and i could cast magic right there, in the sanctuary and i couldnt go through the door and the start button didnt do anything.

Also after i finished the story and all (by all i mean ALL the chests on the road to f*cking rule) so i was goin to the castle for a date quest but when i got there through fast travel i started there by falling through the ground, and since it saves when you have traveled somewhere, i always start by falling through the ground.

also, after the quest "bored to death" (btw THIS was in co-op. the rest wasn't.) my friend was standin in the gost bar and i interacted with him, but as i held the expression i just flew up in heaven. im serious.

and also ..... jasper's mouth is shut :(

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

I didn't get any bugs either. Except for mute Jasper. :<

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
The only problem is occasional freezing of the game for like 5 minutes for me

Status
Not open for further replies.