• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

    We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

    Register Log in

Fable III Reveal Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
3,530
Reaction score
43
Points
130
Age
31
Fable III Reveal Conference

As the title says, this is footage of the reveal conference of Fable III.

[youtube]vx39aFtRQH8[/youtube]

I can't help but notice that Peter doesn't seem to know whats going on in Fable II, he says you can pet your dog when you can't. :hmm:

Also here is..... something. I found all the backgound noise going on to be very distracting but mabey you can get something out of it.

[youtube]yoYWdviYqns[/youtube]

Oh and just a friendly reminder, if this goes anything like Fable and Fable II it will be very over hyped. Peter is getting better at controling his mouth but I doubt he has mastered the art. So dont get to carried away with hype and speculation or you will be dissapointed.

I got both these vids from the youtuber "Fablefan101".
 
X

Xeon

Guest
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Cool stuff, I'm gonna take a look at this lator

repped
 

Dark Drakan

Well-Known Member
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
25,510
Reaction score
2,355
Points
365
Age
35
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

TJ Griffin;330707 said:
I can't help but notice that Peter doesn't seem to know whats going on in Fable II, he says you can pet your dog when you can't. :hmm:

Little things like this may have been removed but were there in testing. Would be hard to keep track of every tiny detail that remained or was removed in your games and simple mistakes to make. Though as far as i can remember you can pet your dog. I will watch these later when im home from work +Rep.
 

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
4,796
Reaction score
344
Points
265
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

TJ Griffin;330707 said:
I can't help but notice that Peter doesn't seem to know whats going on in Fable II, he says you can pet your dog when you can't. :hmm:

You can stroke/pat your dog? When you do a Positive thing with your dog (IF he's close) Then he will jump up on your knees and you will stroke/pat him.
 

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
3,530
Reaction score
43
Points
130
Age
31
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Dark Drakan;330711 said:
Little things like this may have been removed but were there in testing. Would be hard to keep track of every tiny detail that remained or was removed in your games and simple mistakes to make. Though as far as i can remember you can pet your dog. I will watch these later when im home from work +Rep.

Makes sense.

ScareCrowReturn;330727 said:
You can stroke/pat your dog? When you do a Positive thing with your dog (IF he's close) Then he will jump up on your knees and you will stroke/pat him.

Praising the dog must have been what replaced petting the dog.

Anyway, Fable III is looking very interesting. I'm glad that they are sharing more info this time, and we dont have a draconian wait for it. Next year baby! :w00t:
 

Albion Knight

Avatar the Old
Premium
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
6,020
Reaction score
141
Points
205
Age
51
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Here's the full press conference start to finish
 

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
4,067
Reaction score
370
Points
265
Age
30
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

TJ Griffin;330707 said:
As the title says, this is footage of the reveal conference of Fable III.

I can't help but notice that Peter doesn't seem to know whats going on in Fable II, he says you can pet your dog when you can't. :hmm:

Also here is..... something. I found all the backgound noise going on to be very distracting but mabey you can get something out of it.

Oh and just a friendly reminder, if this goes anything like Fable and Fable II it will be very over hyped. Peter is getting better at controling his mouth but I doubt he has mastered the art. So dont get to carried away with hype and speculation or you will be dissapointed.

I got both these vids from the youtuber "Fablefan101".

Dark Drakan;330711 said:
Little things like this may have been removed but were there in testing. Would be hard to keep track of every tiny detail that remained or was removed in your games and simple mistakes to make. Though as far as i can remember you can pet your dog. I will watch these later when im home from work +Rep.

TJ Griffin;330745 said:
Makes sense.



Praising the dog must have been what replaced petting the dog.

Anyway, Fable III is looking very interesting. I'm glad that they are sharing more info this time, and we dont have a draconian wait for it. Next year baby! :w00t:


Very cool, thanks for posting this.

But yeah, when you use the praise function, your Hero pets their dog. Just because it's called something else doesn't change what it is.

Now to watch the thing AK linked.

EDIT: And yeah, I did get something out of the background. Sounded like we might be dealing with some kinda regent or Grand Vizier kinda character who's trying to help/corrupt/control/guide us. Or, I suppose it could be the previous Hero.

EDIT2: I like the sound of progress vs. tradition.

And I think I'm detecting some weasel words. He called the person you're fighting the "tyrant king." And said that you were the son or daughter of the Hero from F2. Did anyone ever actually say that your Hero from F2 was the monarch, or have we just been assuming? (Edit3: Sorry, I forgot. See the Future said that you were king. So either we're going to be overthrowing our F2 hero, or somebody beat us to it. Or they died of old age, of course.)

Yes! Industrial areas.

Also, from the staging video-- it said "Sabine Intro" at the top, so who's Sabine? My guess is the woman, the "Fairfax castle servant." It just sounds feminine. Plus, there's the infamous "rape of the Sabine women" from Roman (or was it Greek?) myth.

And I really am afraid that they're planning on making Natal a big part of this.
 

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
221
Reaction score
6
Points
55
Age
31
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Walker;330924 said:
And I really am afraid that they're planning on making Natal a big part of this.

I really hope they don't. Developers have to realize that not everyone is willing to get up and move around when playing games; hell, most gamers I know are like that.

But yeah, this was cool to watch. +Rep for being useful.
 

Fabled Ravrn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Points
45
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Not sure that snippet is enough, but it does have key points in it. I watched all of the videos though, and I must say, I sure hope they atleast have this stuff and that it's not all just hype. Rep for you two.
 

Albion Knight

Avatar the Old
Premium
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
6,020
Reaction score
141
Points
205
Age
51
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

They are not planning on using Natal with Fable III



From, Gradius1, one of the Lionhead Level Designers.
Gradius1 said:
We have no plans to use Natal for F3 so please stop making threads about it :)

 

Dark Drakan

Well-Known Member
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
25,510
Reaction score
2,355
Points
365
Age
35
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Albion Knight;331076 said:
They are not planning on using Natal with Fable III



From, Gradius1, one of the Lionhead Level Designers.



Thanks for clearing that up for people before we get flooded with the very same threads.
 

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
4,067
Reaction score
370
Points
265
Age
30
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Albion Knight;331076 said:
They are not planning on using Natal with Fable III



From, Gradius1, one of the Lionhead Level Designers.



Huh. Sounds good. Pretty unambiguous. Let's hope it's actually all true.
 

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
1
Points
43
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

+Rep on the find. I'm just hoping they actually make purity/corruption and good/evil judgements on context, and by context i don't mean killing a bandit versus killing a civilian. Remaining pure and good should be tasking and difficult, not as easy as it was made in both previous games.
 

Bennykelly

Antagonist
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

AWESOMENESS CANT WAIT ;D

I tried getting work experience for lionhead but they weren't accepting applicants =[ :'(
 

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
4,067
Reaction score
370
Points
265
Age
30
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

nstalaat;331147 said:
+Rep on the find. I'm just hoping they actually make purity/corruption and good/evil judgements on context, and by context i don't mean killing a bandit versus killing a civilian. Remaining pure and good should be tasking and difficult, not as easy as it was made in both previous games.

You thought it was easy? I had big trouble not killing Albionese for stupid **** like blocking the door to my house, or refusing to give me a discount. Though I will admit purity was easy-- just give your tenants a break on the rent.

But, yeah, I kinda see where you're coming from. Maybe a bit more subtlety?
 

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
3,530
Reaction score
43
Points
130
Age
31
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

Walker;330924 said:
But yeah, when you use the praise function, your Hero pets their dog. Just because it's called something else doesn't change what it is.

I've never seen the hero physicly touch the dog when using the praise expression.
 

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
4,067
Reaction score
370
Points
265
Age
30
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

[shrugs] Sure as hell looks like he bends over and pets the dog to me. 'Course, it doesn't exactly have the best programming in the world. It could be that the only time the Hero actually touches anyone is with the sharp and pointy end of something big and metallic.
 

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
6,174
Reaction score
1,634
Points
315
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

can't say i'm feeling very hype right now. it feels like he's overtalking the new features again...I won't believe how wonderful the new judgement and touch systems will be unless i see it. -.-
 

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
4,067
Reaction score
370
Points
265
Age
30
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

cheezMcNASTY;331423 said:
can't say i'm feeling very hype right now. it feels like he's overtalking the new features again...I won't believe how wonderful the new judgement and touch systems will be unless i see it. -.-

[shrugs] The concept is interesting. With Lionhead's track record, they're more likely to completely drop it than they are to **** it up, so I suppose we should be grateful for that.
 

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
5
Points
90
Age
40
Re: Fable III Reveal Conference

"I'm judging you" Peter points at bloke in front row
"Oh why do I always pick the good seat!?!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top