• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV Ideas

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
There are a lot of idea threads that are about people making one with their own ideas and people criticizing their idea, so I thought of making a thread where you type the ideas you would like to show up on Fable IV. I will type mine out later, but if you already typed yours then please don't just copy and paste them from a previous thread.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Damn you, i planned on doing just that ;|
Thi is a damn good idea. No one is ever online anymore! :O
Anyways, it is essential for fable IV to earn back fan support. We need to highlight the weaknesses of Fable three and discuss the strengths of of all 4 of the fable games. We should also discuss the direction in which fable is heading and maybe some imaginativ minds could guess the plotline? :')

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
So many ideas have been put forward, sort of "borrowed" by fans of other games. These include:
1. Playing as a guild master and sending new heroes to complete missions (assassins creed)
2. Duel weaponry (Skyrim, Too Human, Two Worlds, DA etc)
3. Character customization (just about any other RPG except fable)
4. Difficulty pre-story (matrix)
5. Free roam world in preference to regional maps (Elderscrolls, GTA, Fallout)
6.Emphesis on Factionary missions/relationships to fit with morality alignments (Fallout, Marcenaries)
7. Horse/Camel/Donkey/Lama riding (skyrim, assassins creed, two worlds)
8. Spell creation (Elderscrolls)
All great ideas

After Fable TLC (which to this day is my favourite game), i saw so much opportunity for growth and improvements in all it's areas. It's focus on morality, economy, family, home ownership/monopolisation and society/history was so appealing. For me, it would be amazing for fable IV's developers to further empasize these features whilst keeping the action gameplay style of fable 3.
The game should spoonfeed me more fable lore and give me the opportunity to experience some of the existing lore. I want to fight Balvon, wear some dragon hero armour, check up on Sythe etc. I want to practically take over the world and mold it into my own utopia/distopia. I want a family that ages, gets bigger and learns from me as the parent. I want to be loved feared, have a halo/horns, gleam with positive energy/polute and rot the environment around me.
Imagine Fable three with more fancy combos, slow motion death blows and cutscenes with the elements of the previous fable rpgs and other super succesful rpgs.
Bring back
1. Weapon heirarchy/selection
2. Half challenging milestone boss fights
3. Morality alignment spells, clothing etc
4. Old kingdom hype (so to speak)
5. Orb experience + bonus
6. A crucible, arena, colusseum

Any other ideas on this?

That's enough for now.. In a rush haha

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
1. Weapon heirarchy/selection
2. Half challenging milestone boss fights
3. Morality alignment spells, clothing etc
4. Old kingdom hype (so to speak)
5. Orb experience + bonus
6. A crucible, arena, colusseum
  1. They could add an inventory system that you can usually find in MMO games, that is the best way to handle many items without risking to have long lists like in RPGs, but the issue is that console gamers will be slightly alienated; sadly they are their primary customer base.
  2. I don't understand #2.
  3. That sounds nice, but all this would mean to have some content twice. Therefore, if you have a "good" set of clothing then you need the "evil" one and the "neutral" one, this is also about spells and the space on a DVD is kinda limited.
  4. No, don't say hype, please don't say hype.
  5. Orb experience, that was the last thing from Fable 2 that had to do with Fable: The Lost Chapters and was removed in Fable 3 to make the simpler Guild Seals system. I really do hope they don't stench their story to fit some crazy game design ideas again.
  6. Meanwhile the Arena was an interesting feature, it wasn't that much of something - combat in Fable is simple, so you don't improve over time, and if you keep going to the said arena for example then you risk to make your heroes overpowered due to the amount of experience they earn and thus making the game feel too easy. Therefore you would need either (a) Something that scales your player's values down. (Penalizing the player for leveling up is a bad idea!) (b) Scale the mobs and quest difficulty as in health, attack speed, attack damage and challenge.
Oh, I felt like clarifying because I might sound cynical when it comes to Lionhead designers. I don't hate them, or the way they work on Fable titles, I understand that working on a single franchise for all these years is frustrating especially when you're a creative group of ol' chumps.

However, they ignored their fanbase and instead only fed it hype, more hype and even more hype and finally took some insults on a really personal level; yes, games are made to reflect ourselves and all your efforts to end it, whenever you get comments like "omg this game suxx" you feel hurt, but you also need to open your eyes, because when you end up loving the game you have developed then you're too blind and cynical yourself to see its faults and you end up in a vicious development hell cycle where you attempt to make "that game" and instead you isolate the people that were loyal to you all along.

So, if some Lionhead staff will end up reading this post then please, learn to take credit from the players of the games, don't go cynical and closed all over again. If the players want something more role-playing like then try to deliver, don't go to the totally diverse direction only to alienate them more and more.

Reaction score
Mounts? with cavalry cuirasses and dragoon helmets to go with it, that I'd like to see.

Also more clothing, lot's and lot's of clothing.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
1. Face/Body customization.. I hated the fact that if you were strong/skillful, you got taller or super muscley (In Fable 2, I think mainly) I think you should be able to customize it, but in a creative way that you can go back and forth.. e.g. Eat fatty food to get fat, eat celery (Which is norm) but for muscle and height, maybe go workout? or go to a merchant who does a mechnaical thing that stretches you.. something humorous.
2. More/Better hairstyles.. they were pathetic in all series.
3. An attractive storyline.. something like "Fight club", but not so much, something with a good twist it in, so it makes you get attach to characters and places, then turns around on yah. With like "Wow, OMG" moments.
3. F*cking difficulty option! All fable games have been easy, and you hardly EVER die in any of the games.
4. Everything alot more expensive in the world.
5. Variety of weapons.. e.g. Bows, Crossbows, Throwing daggers, throwing axes, Ninja stars. Viking-like Axes, Katanas, Claymores, Broad sword, Normal swords, Daggers and Dual wielding.
6. Going off my last point, more culture! As in, an area with majority "White/European" people, other places with majority "Asian" and so on..
7. Clothing, Alot mooooore clothing, Just normal clothing aswell, and I think armour/clothes need to have stats.. Not like Bronze armour is 1defense and then (awesome) armour is like defense 100, just 1+ on each level of armour.. get it?
8. Recreational activities, drinking games, playing an old kingdom sport, horse cart racing.. so on.
9. Different fighting styles.. so like I said about the regions having culture, maybe in different regions you can learn a set of martial arts? Like boxing, Ninjutsu, Kickboxng.. So on..
10. Talking and interacting.. So make it you can do any of your emoticons, like Fable I and Fable II, and also make it harder for people to fall in love with you..
11. Renown, have options to do your quest with or without renown.. as in, like Fable I where you can brag about it and do it naked or something.. OR do it as in secretive and you have to do it sneaky like.. Because I get annoyed when people keep coming up to me and going "OMG you are that guy who did this and that" gets annoying..
12. Free roam, self explanatory

Ermmm, thats all for now..

Scattsy

Reaction score
I dunno if the idea is any good, but if the game was based around either joining/recruiting or killing other heroes to become, I dunno, The Champion Hero or whatever, it could make for an interesting game concept. Still have the morale theme etc. e.g. if you are evil you may want to join with a bandit heroes etc. and kill the good heroes. Or vice versa. Having different styles of heroes for variation would be nice. There would be a lot of unique costumes and weapons for the different unique characters. But anyway there is probably heaps more to it but I'd leave that to the developers (that's what they are there for). One other little thing, more character upgrade, and not the chest thing in Fable 3 but like the original exp system, this would create a more character class feel without having to define classes. Oh and personally I say ditch the dog.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I dunno if the idea is any good, but if the game was based around either joining/recruiting or killing other heroes to become, I dunno, The Champion Hero or whatever, it could make for an interesting game concept. Still have the morale theme etc. e.g. if you are evil you may want to join with a bandit heroes etc. and kill the good heroes. Or vice versa. Having different styles of heroes for variation would be nice. There would be a lot of unique costumes and weapons for the different unique characters. But anyway there is probably heaps more to it but I'd leave that to the developers (that's what they are there for). One other little thing, more character upgrade, and not the chest thing in Fable 3 but like the original exp system, this would create a more character class feel without having to define classes. Oh and personally I say ditch the dog.
That's what you basically do in Fable: The Lost Chapters with the evil path. You end up killing all the heroes and become the only greatest hero in Albion.

Yeah the dog's lost it's charm plus it was always more of a liabilty than anything.
The dog was actually nice, but I felt that the interaction could have been explored more in Fable 3 than merely taking the same idea from Fable 2 and just putting it in the game again. However, I would think a dog would fit with a character like the hero of Fable 2 or the Lone Wanderer even the Dovahkiin because of their stories and personalities. (A dark past shrouded by mystery and wandering in the world trying to find answers or a reason to go on)

Meanwhile the hero of Fable 3 doesn't have this kind of spark, if you ask me.

Scattsy

Reaction score
True that's what you do in one if you are evil but it's not the plot/story-line.

Scattsy

Reaction score
Well I don't remember ever killing other heroes or recruiting or anything along those lines. And the plot was the Jack Of Blades, right?

Reaction score
That's what you basically do in Fable: The Lost Chapters with the evil path. You end up killing all the heroes and become the only greatest hero in Albion.

The dog was actually nice, but I felt that the interaction could have been explored more in Fable 3 than merely taking the same idea from Fable 2 and just putting it in the game again. However, I would think a dog would fit with a character like the hero of Fable 2 or the Lone Wanderer even the Dovahkiin because of their stories and personalities. (A dark past shrouded by mystery and wandering in the world trying to find answers or a reason to go on)

Meanwhile the hero of Fable 3 doesn't have this kind of spark, if you ask me.

The dog was nice in Fable 2 and a welcome feature I agree, but by Fable 3 I was tired of the the idea of the dog becoming a regular feature for every game afterwards. Having a dog was just kind of 'meh' in fable 3, the novelty had worn of. Personally I would have prefered the dog to have remained a distinct link with the hero of Bowerstone, mainly because his/her connection with the dog was stronger from a story perspective, hell I let the whole spire labour force stay dead just to bring it back (twice.)

Like I said though, by 3 I just thought: "been there done that." The dog companion helped make Fable 2's protagonist stand out as a more unique character with his/her own special friend, I feel that including the dog in later games kind of adulterates the HoB's unique identity a little bit (as dramatic as that sounds.) Each hero should have their own identity.

On a side note though yeah I agree, the lone wanderer does fit the idea of the traveler and his loyal companion, Mad Max/A boy and his dog comes to mind when I think of the lone wanderer personally.

Vaylos

Reaction score
A long time Fable fan, my two cents. The defining moment of Fable 1 for me was when the hero was captured and tortured for years. You could see how he was changing in the cell, he was getting old and dying, it made a connection with that hero more than any other of the games. Jack of Blades made your blood curdle, you couldn't wait to kill him, he was the McDaddy of villians, causing a whole school of heroes to die before him. His fight was interesting and dangerous at first, there were actually mechanics. The new villians ****ing suck, Fable 2 didn't even have a boss, Fable 3 had an ez mode 'boss' that I could beat with only spamming X or left click.
The problem with the new Fable games is that they are just trying to make a funny rpg that has some kind of problem, the decision to make you go evil seems forced down your throat otherwise it is a grind. They are more focused on adding and taking away features than actually making what made the first Fable so exciting, the story. Let's be honest, Fable 1 gameplay was just a bunch of button mashing. So, my ideas for Fable 4:

1. Make the hero have his own unique identity, make them someone you'd actually care for.
2. Ditch the ****ing dog
3. Make the story less linear, in all 3 Fable games, we have to invade a bandit camp at the beginning of the game and kill the leader. It's been done before and it makes a boring start now. Maybe our next hero has to kill balverines first.
4. Dev's don't take the story as serious anymore, they just try to make as many jokes as they can jam in, completely ruining a moment. Like Ben at Walters funeral.
5. Quit jamming evil down our throats, if I don't want to do it, don't make going good feel like a terrible grind.
6. Make unique mobs, not every single one of them should be able to get taken down by a gun. I loved Fable 1 and how you had to use a weapon with a silver augment to kill it.
7. Fable 3 augment system is dumb, throw it out.
8. Make weapon morphs more unique, not a random pool. Have it reflect your fighting style, not off how many orgys you've had. On top of that, have more than 4-6 different types of morphs to draw from.
9. Less comic relief hairstyles, the only ones I could stand in Fable 3 was the short wavy and short ponytail, everything else was ****.
10. I liked scars in Fable 1, make it so getting hit hard would give you scars, also so it doesn't decrease your attractiveness.
11. Death
12. Less spam from npcs when I walk around, my ears bleed having to listen to 100 npcs crowd me and trying to talk to me.
13. Villian more like Jack of Blades, less like 1 shot KO and someone you could feel you could entrust your puppy to. With regards to the Crawler, it feels like that thing didn't play a large enough role in Fable 3, you only really knew him near the end of the game.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
A long time Fable fan, my two cents. The defining moment of Fable 1 for me was when the hero was captured and tortured for years. You could see how he was changing in the cell, he was getting old and dying, it made a connection with that hero more than any other of the games. Jack of Blades made your blood curdle, you couldn't wait to kill him, he was the McDaddy of villians, causing a whole school of heroes to die before him. His fight was interesting and dangerous at first, there were actually mechanics. The new villians f****** suck, Fable 2 didn't even have a boss, Fable 3 had an ez mode 'boss' that I could beat with only spamming X or left click.
The problem with the new Fable games is that they are just trying to make a funny rpg that has some kind of problem, the decision to make you go evil seems forced down your throat otherwise it is a grind. They are more focused on adding and taking away features than actually making what made the first Fable so exciting, the story. Let's be honest, Fable 1 gameplay was just a bunch of button mashing. So, my ideas for Fable 4:

1. Make the hero have his own unique identity, make them someone you'd actually care for.
2. Ditch the f****** dog
3. Make the story less linear, in all 3 Fable games, we have to invade a bandit camp at the beginning of the game and kill the leader. It's been done before and it makes a boring start now. Maybe our next hero has to kill balverines first.
4. Dev's don't take the story as serious anymore, they just try to make as many jokes as they can jam in, completely ruining a moment. Like Ben at Walters funeral.
5. Quit jamming evil down our throats, if I don't want to do it, don't make going good feel like a terrible grind.
6. Make unique mobs, not every single one of them should be able to get taken down by a gun. I loved Fable 1 and how you had to use a weapon with a silver augment to kill it.
7. Fable 3 augment system is dumb, throw it out.
8. Make weapon morphs more unique, not a random pool. Have it reflect your fighting style, not off how many orgys you've had. On top of that, have more than 4-6 different types of morphs to draw from.
9. Less comic relief hairstyles, the only ones I could stand in Fable 3 was the short wavy and short ponytail, everything else was s***.
10. I liked scars in Fable 1, make it so getting hit hard would give you scars, also so it doesn't decrease your attractiveness.
11. Death
12. Less spam from npcs when I walk around, my ears bleed having to listen to 100 npcs crowd me and trying to talk to me.
13. Villian more like Jack of Blades, less like 1 shot KO and someone you could feel you could entrust your puppy to. With regards to the Crawler, it feels like that thing didn't play a large enough role in Fable 3, you only really knew him near the end of the game.
Couldn't agree more.. Some great points right their :') Other than the dog.. Other than it glitching outhalf of the time, i think it gives the game a little more character.
I'm sorry to say that if there ever is a fable 4, it will be almost unrecognisable to the orignal fable -_-

MrStopWatch

Reaction score
I'd like to bud in:
One thing I really really missed in Fable 3, surprised me really (seeing how tedious it was), I missed the childhood. In Fable 2 you skipped ten friggin' years doing nothing when you could've learned how to dodge and block, in Fable 3 you're directly inserted in as a royal brat with a plebeian ass-lick, honestly as annoying and tedious as being a wee li'l thing during the tutorials of Fable TLC made sense! You were basicly taught to properly wield a sword, nowadays we can sort of imitate it and sort of fend for ourselves yet in a time before TVs, computer, heck even before large print-outs you had no way nor clue on how to properly hold a sword(besides suposition) so you needed to train, some things actually were interesting inside the Guild, if you decided to go in the forest with Whisper you could kill bandits and gain xp, if you talked to people you could help them get apples(ye'h ye'h tedious but immersive) or you could race some idiot from the gardens to the Demon door and back and gain his respect(it's something ridiculous that people do when they're bored, honestly).
It gave you moments to sink in to the place, maybe get to know the characters better and even feel the need to actually explore.
However just dive-bombing into either:
Fable 2

• OH LOOK A WISHING BOX
  • OH NO MY SISTER
  • AGH MY BODY!
  • 10 YEARS LATER
  • Slowly travel through towns doing stupid things
Fable 3

• OMG MAH BRO'S CRAY-CRAY
  • REVOLUTION!
  • OMG MAH BRO'S NOT SO CRAY-CRAY

MrStopWatch

Reaction score
I'd like to bud in:
One thing I really really missed in Fable 3, surprised me really (seeing how tedious it was), I missed the childhood. In Fable 2 you skipped ten friggin' years doing nothing when you could've learned how to dodge and block, in Fable 3 you're directly inserted in as a royal brat with a plebeian ass-lick, honestly as annoying and tedious as being a wee li'l thing during the tutorials of Fable TLC made sense! You were basicly taught to properly wield a sword, nowadays we can sort of imitate it and sort of fend for ourselves yet in a time before TVs, computer, heck even before large print-outs you had no way nor clue on how to properly hold a sword(besides suposition) so you needed to train, some things actually were interesting inside the Guild, if you decided to go in the forest with Whisper you could kill bandits and gain xp, if you talked to people you could help them get apples(ye'h ye'h tedious but immersive) or you could race some idiot from the gardens to the Demon door and back and gain his respect(it's something ridiculous that people do when they're bored, honestly).
It gave you moments to sink in to the place, maybe get to know the characters better and even feel the need to actually explore.
However just dive-bombing into either:
Fable 2
  • OH LOOK A WISHING BOX
  • OH NO MY SISTER
  • AGH MY BODY!
  • 10 YEARS LATER
  • Slowly travel through towns doing stupid things
Fable 3
  • OMG MAH BRO'S CRAY-CRAY
  • REVOLUTION!
  • OMG MAH BRO'S NOT SO CRAY-CRAY
pt. 2:
I'd rather have the:
TLC

• MAH DAD GOT KILLED, ALONG WITH THE REST OF MY FAMILY
  • TRAIN FOR YEARS(and actually experience some of it)
  • Kill a GIANT FRIGGIN' WASP(which is epic to me 'cause wasps and bees are not my forte)
  • Crossbow and gut through bandits getting pieces of their clothing to get past the gate
  • OMG MY SISTER
  • To the arena (dan-dan-dan-dan-din dan dun dan-dan-dan-dan MORTAL KOMBAT!)
  • OMG MY MOMMA
  • Years of torture in jail
  • Finally escape
  • Try and prevent the Playing card from the underworld from gaining power over the WORLD
  • Fail to prevent it
  • Regain control
  • OMG HE'S A DRAGON(kind of awkward since the mask needs to be worn and the dragon didn't seem to have it...
  • Finally dead but....wearme wearme wearme

Ya' got to admit that was pretty awesome, I think everything related to The Void should return (In a BIG way), and there's a LOT that can be used from the books' fairytails and fables (yes I went there) just by adding a li'l footnote to the book that says: based on a true story.
Just think about the funny/epic stories that could follow the platinum golems, Maxley, maybe dwell into possible cures for Balverines since the original Balverines came from warriors who fought the great Balveron, which could make for a MEAN ASS BOSS, and his blood could be used as a cure for lycanthropy, maybe a temporary Balverinazation of your hero and others, a halfway shapeshift of Balverines and people, of which depending on their previous atonement could only use bows or swords or will.

MrStopWatch

Reaction score
Uhm..... part of the text it doesn't seem to accept it and is considered an emal/link
+=%
[(+5%)]
i guess i'll have to skip the augmentation redux, so....
Thinking back to Maxwell, we could make it so it turns out that he narrowly escaped and you can choose to rat him out or not, if you do you discover a vast supply of platinum in the cave he runs off to and fight a platinum golem each time you manage to convince villagers to dig deeper and each time they find another golem they retreat, you can choose to spare them or maybe kill one off to show that if they choose to chicken out they die. If you choose not to rat Maxwell out he forms a underground advanced hobbe society that will coexist with Bowerstone thanks to your mercy, allowing for new platinum trades (in hobbe style and human style, basicly hobbe fabrication is more organic-looking and human construction resembles Archon's Armor), a new area to explore(the hobbes find a cave filled with new plants,shrooms, and animals, they also colonize it a bit, and you can help hobbes fight platinum golems, maybe even tame one(which you can also achieve by making a trap for the golems that invade your cavern).

Last edited:

MrStopWatch

Reaction score
THE NORTHERN WASTES+ THE OLD KINGDOM

By adding more terrain in the mainland we can add Old Kingdom ruins, along with it OLD KINGDOM LOOT, within chests who's keys lay behind thick walls of metal, three to each chest, unlocked merely by performing feats of each ability set: Strength, Skill and Will
All set accordingly to their legends, evil weapons can be purified or neutralized and good weapons can be corrupted or neutralized.
Some possibilities are:
  • Murren's Armor Set (all accordingly looking to the golden laque that his weapons have, heavy armor to match his heavy weapons)
  • Light-Sturdy materials you can take to a blacksmith to create armor for you (or make it yourself if such abilities are added, seeing as they seemed to want to do some sort of job system in Fable 2 and Fable 3), like the materaial Wellow's Pickhammer was made out of.
  • Avo Gear; Much like the Sentinus is heavenly and related to The Old Kingdom, we could very much add the same for armor and weaponry, found in ruins around Witchwood
  • Skorm Gear; like Avo gear but around Darkwood
  • Neutralizing: Done at the Guild, all augments on the weapon/armor are given to you and removed from the armor, chance of losing a slot
  • Purifying: Temple of Avo (for a price), regain augmentations plus increased damage against evil enemies
  • Corrupting: Chapel of Skorm (for a price), regain augmentation + increased damage against neutral and good enemies.

Add explorable crypts in Oakvale's cemetery and add random cemeteries and small graveyards around albion.

Nothern Wastes:
  • Dragons
  • Dig up the ice to discover treasure
  • Jack of Blades former host's home?
Now it lets me add this apparently, it's the Augmentation Redux thing I typed about in my previous post thing:
"Also many say that the armors and weapons should be revamped, but i can't see that anyone specifies a how.
So... Armory Redux:
Possibly make it so augments only work in certain situations (many complain that you could just add three sharpness to a katana and kill everything except Balverines in two shots), they also complained that you can't enhance armors, personally I think it should be easy to fix this stuff by simply adding easy conditions:
Sharpness only hurts enemies more if they're wearing light armor(i.e. Anything that isn't particularly protective:Bandit Gear, Hobbes, Undead with little armor...
Balverines wouldn't suffer from sharpness because of their thick skin, along with insects and golems.
Precision... I'd say that it should only penetrate armors up to a certain percentage, different according to the thickness of the armor, the lowest percentage being 10% and the highest being 30%(let's say there's 10 20 and 30%, each atributed to different ranks of creatures, which I'll try to not dwell on, you can probably guess this is mainly based on when the enemies appear as in the later on in the game the less effective, though bare-chest bandits you get after the Meet the Seeress should be 30% because they have nothing on, however dirt golems whould get 30% rock golems 20% and platinum golems 10%[yes i'm including them])

Fire... Self explanatory: Target is in water = less effective, it should be a procedural damage as fire is burning you not hitting you.
Lightning... If we're realistic lightning hurts... A LOT, it's more conductive in water and spreads by nature, so I believe we can nerf it by making so it steals say 5% of your mana with each use, this could be applied to fire since we could make certain enemies flee in fear because of it, however the more mana you have the more efective the augment is, say you have your mana bar at the base, not very effective, however the more mana levels, i mean will sorry, the more will levels you gain the stronger it is, and gains a farther reach and also has a higher chance of stunning(in the case of fire it's longer lasting and a higher chance to invoke fear).

I believe that Mana, Health, and Experience augmentations should mainly go to armors, perhaps add specific Skill, Strength, and Will Experience augmentations to everthing parts (Skill-Bows+Crossbow, Strength-All melee weapons, Will-All clothing; although adding it to different parts also add diferent effects:
Strength+Chest=Thick Hide (+Armor Rating +5% Strength XP gained)
Strength+Legs=Strong Stance(i.e you're less likely to be knocked down +5% Strength XP gained)
Strength+Feet=Lead Feet (kicking hurts more and can be used to stun enemies, however your speed is reduced and the amount of distance you can travel with Assassin's Rush is reduced +5% Strength XP gained)
Strength+Gloves=Sturdy Hands(+Attack Damage +5% Strength XP gained)
Strength+Head=Beefy Neck (reduces chances of critical hits +5% Strength XP gained)

Skill+Chest= Speedy Mocker (You only travel the absolute necessary amount of space when dodging allowing for you to quickly return to battle +5% Skill XP gained)
Skill+Legs= Fighting Dancer [Allows you to more easily maneuver terrain (this could be used to better define the "be able to get anywhere in a free-to-roam game" idea that people want to integrate into Fable, which I think is great and I believe that this could be well integrate either by allowing fro the hero to climb walls by quickly stepping along the wall while using his melee weapons, only the ones the seem logical of course, like the pickhammer, the sword, maybe daggers, perhaps even let them use arrows, doesn't really matter. Basicly allows you to do so more quickly/efficiently) +5% Skill XP gained]
Skill+Feet= Hermes' Sandals [Increased your movement speed and the amount of space you travel with Assassin's Rush, also allowing you to scale short walls and even jumping and sprinting mid air towards a ledge to hide from persecutors (suposing we add more AI 'cause the people of Albion tend to ignore the bodies of their teammates beneath their feet when they're patrolling) +5% Skill XP gained]
Skill+Hands= Card Shark [Allows for increased attack speed and easier counter attacking (again once we can add more AI)]
Skill+Head= Lynx' Eyes [With the concentration and speed of a lynx you strike your foes (ergo time slows down when sneaking and aiming with your bow/crossbow but you maintain most of your movement speed, however time does not slow down with the intensity of "Slow Time" but lasts as long as you're sneaking/using a bow) +5% Skill XP gained]

Will+Chest=Willful Heart [Your inmense atonement with magic makes so will potions and health potions are considered one and the same(when using a health potion all excess regen goes to your will bar and viceversa)+5% Will XP gained]
Will+Legs= Wizards' Stance [Your posture perfectly channels your will powers allowing you to fully channel physical spells allowing you to have more powerful versions of Physical shield, Assassin's Rush and Bezerk, as well as bind to yourself more on-hands practicality of Ghost Sword (lets you wield one or two of them more levels more damage), Multi-Arrow (allows you to fire each arrow individually without reloading) and Heal-Life (you carry an orb which can activate to heal you a certain amount along with allies around you) +5% Will XP gained]
Will+Hands= Parlor Tricks (Practicality is one of the lesser concerns of the modern wizard however you're different you like to be able to use your fireball as a torch, use Heal-Life as a small aid to children who scrape their knees, and add conductivity to everything you touch TO SCORCH DOWN THE TOWN WITH YOUR BOW, THROW THE HEATHENS WHO DO NOT WORSHIP YOU INTO THE HEAVENS BY CONDUCTING FORCE PUSH THROUGH YOUR HAMMER ONTO THE GROUND AND WATCHING THEM RAIN DOWN LIKE A BLOOD STORM, oh and also use physical shield along with force push to grab that book from that hard to reach shelf +5% Will XP gained)
Will+Feet= Tap dancer [Tapity tap your way into the battlefield while discharging your most preferable spell through the ground and up into your enemies +5% Will XP gained]
Will+Head= Thought Twister [Your new insight into Will gives you the ability to entangle spells to get completely new one or just to memorize a series of movements to subconciously cast a spell +5% Will XP gained]

And perhaps we can have counter-augments in our armor such as:
Water: Increased your speed in battle and deters the effects of the Fire Augmentation
Rubbery: Allows you to quickly bounce back any knockdown and deteriorates the effects of the Lightning Augmentation
Thickness: No matter how hard you lance your sword at it it won't budge (depends on intensity each level adds a 10% resistance to precision)
Barked: Sharp objects get stuck in there (For each level of Barked one level of Sharpness is reduced, non-Sharpness-augmented items simply lose 10% damage with each level)

In addition armors and weapons should start out with a precoded augmentation with half the power of a real augmentation; also seeing as weapons' minimum amount of augment slots is one (besides 0), the armors should start with a minimum of 2 (besides 0)"

Last edited:

MrStopWatch

Reaction score
Hey I'm back (even if you didn't want my long rants back).
A thing that I personally would like in Fable IV, that probably wouldn't be everyone's favourite feature; would be multiple characters.
Let me elaborate:
This idea could be used to expand "The Void" and more so the Deck and their houses. Let's say we have four heroes, each with their own Card to face, having in some form the same desire as the character we play as, which would go as such:
-Jack of Cups: Drinks and Festivities
-Jack of Clubs: Honorable Fighting
-Jack of Gold: Greed
-Joker Card: Mental Duality
Think of Jack of Blades as the Conquest Card, the House of Cards that conquered the void was the Blade House, and let's say that the Hero of Oakvale was also interested in conquest (either the conquest of hearts, if you were good in your previous playthrough, or conquest of land, if you were evil), and upon defeating him he either put on the mask(evil option) or say wen thrown in the lava the mask didn't melt and latched on to a Platinum Golem (those thought to be extinct) and somehow manages to latch on to the Hero of Oakvale. Therefore, Jack of Blades reign is reborn with the powers of the only hero thought to be capable of defeating him, however the Guild manages to seal the hero in a tight fit coffin to keep him in check... this won't prove effective for long.
And the Guild begins training anyone and everyone in the land with any form of will power, generating new heroes, and unfortunately a lot of new villains. This fact prompts the mountain town of Bloodtstone to start a witch hunt of anyone with any magic capability. Some towns begin to apply this rule to a lesser degree in their surrounding areas, others embrace the new flow of mana casters to form impressive increments in the forging of weapons, sowing of materials, etc., therefore making mana-imbued items which improve the capabilities of the wearer, and those outcasting the mana-imbued start fabricating magic negating armor which adds ease to hunting them down.

In another plane known as the Void, the Blade monarchy is left without their Jack to defend their reign, nor their King to impose himself over other (who's also in a tailored coffin in the dessert), however the Queen of Blades still has an ace up her sleeve, the Ace of Blades to be precise. The Ace of Blades uses his powerfull magic to send the rest of the Jacks on to the other plane in the form of masks, hoping they're not as capable to latch onto a host as their Jack of Blades was.

On the other edge of the Void's plane the Joker card hears word of the Jacks' voyage into Albion, and finds it a fun idea to tag along and annoy any of the Jacks' return to the Void, since the turmoil in the Void fuels his chaotic powers.

The different masks travel to four different people:
* Alicia Beaushard, a Robin Hood-like thief bent on dethroning the monarchy using their recent machinery revolution to aid her, finds herself facing a new thief, calling himself the Jack of Gold, who wears a peculiar mask and is bent on stealing the rich yet only spending it on poor workers, and not giving to them what is their own without favours in return
* Robert "Rob/Rober" Jackson, Twinblade's right-hand man after the disappearance of Theresa, comes in to contact with Jack of Clubs' Mask and is enticed into helping Twinblade retire after his utter failure, and decides to fight, honorably all who oppose Twinblade or try to murder him.
* Michael "The Dirt", abandoned as a child, shunned for being a gypsy, and becoming a drunkard as an adult is completely defenseless to avoid wearing the mask of the Jack of Cups, and becomes a chaotic problem to the town and it's people, until deciding to become a hero and help the people of Albion (mostly the ladies, but hey, it's a start)
* Alej "The Purple Warlock" Hooden, an atlantean born from before Atlantis sunk, driven ashore alongside his brother escaped to the town of Bloodstone from Bloodstone guards who didn't know the town was under attack, the town ends up being saved from the attack by a small child in a purple robe. The incedent outstanded the citizens putting into question their current beliefs which would be reinforced by the next in-line. The Warlock himself ended up torn by impeding the attack and ended up in the city orphanage with his brother, the orphanage manager, and a new friend. After some time his friend would go off into the Guild, his powers had to remain hidden, his brother would leave to lands unknown, and he'd assume the guise of the purple warlock only to get killed, sent to face Skorm, come back only to find how that he hadn't been gone 5 days but 5 YEARS only to find that his friend was romanticly envolved with whom killed him and the Joker's mask landing in his hand, tempting him to do or say something about it.

Sticky here: WOO 12TH POST!

EduardoxHunter

Reaction score
I would like to see several things that I think greatly improve the game and the saga, it depends on whether they restart it or not I would like to play another game of fable.

-Enhance the system of having children: to say nothing of not to mention before that having children was something quite secondary and even useless, it became innovative for its time, but after playing the game it is not a big deal. I would like to see that this system is improved, as when you have children, and when they grow up they can become some kind of companion npc, which can be used and improved.
-Improve the open world: Tell me, who liked to explore in fable games? Me, but it does not mean that the limitations in these games I would have liked, of course, the first game and the second would be explained a lot, but I do not understand why they did not improve this in the third game, (although it is already more than clear because the latter was very bad) I would like to see an open world like The Witcher 3, where you explore every corner, find unique npc, see animals and contemplate the world of albion, if in itself in all the games of fables there are beautiful views, this would be better if the open world will get better.
-Stick to the unique character style in this game: Who doesn't like clothing and character modeling in fable games? I loved them a lot, and it greatly improves the fact that I can customize the protagonist, and I would like this to be maintained, if the hype for the characters of fable heroes was too much for me, I would like to see what they would do in the next fable 4.
-Improve combat and spell system: Previously it was said that in fable the games were too easy and even boring for this, I will not only complain about this, I loved how the fighting system happened in fable 1 to fable 2 and fable 3, I would like to see that new movements will be seen in fable 4, I would also like to see the life system again and mana as it was in fable tlc, of course, I also want the combat to be more difficult, that there was a good blocking / dodging system, or if make it entertaining.

There are few things, and sorry for my bad English, but I think they are too essential in this new game of fable, and I hope that the new company dedicated to this franchise will not disappoint me.