• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV?!?!

BatusBrad

Reaction score
And from half of your ideas it seems like you won't be happy until Fable becomes oblivion in which case why not just play oblivion?

I love Oblivion's scale, size and depth....but, as I've previously stated, I love Fable's look, canon, engines and mechanics, too. I will be playing the next Elder Scrolls for sure, but an Albion Sandbox would be awesome, imho.

Fanboys will clearly shout-down any ideas that they feel are un-fable-like, but it's evolve or die. F3 was simply too short, particularly once you become King etc. There's evident laziness, a disjointed story and some nonsensical elements that detract from what could have been an excellent game. The game was clearly released unfinished too, but I solidly blame MS for that.

I'll be waiting to hear about F4's size and scale before I buy it, though, as F3 was disappointingly short. I'll be taking PM with a pinch of salt now, too. I enjoyed F3 on my first runthrough, as I always enjoy Fable games, but LH need to step up and examine their formula, return to RPG, stop moving the game's tech-level and seriously up the next installments size and scale. Just my opinion.

johnno

Reaction score
No it isn't in Fable I you are a descendant of William Black a hero of the old kingdom the only contact we ever have with any person from the old kingdom is with Jack of Blades who uses his mask to jump from body to body making him essentially immortal
Don't forget Scythe, who is heavily implied to be William Black, he is from the Old Kingdom

Hhate

Black Dagger Brother
Reaction score
Don't forget Scythe, who is heavily implied to be William Black, he is from the Old Kingdom

Ah yes I stand corrected thank you we can't forget about him

Mastperf

Reaction score
Fanboys will clearly shout-down any ideas that they feel are un-fable-like, but it's evolve or die.
Some of these fanboys are the ones hoping for "Steam punk Fable for Fable 4, complete with robot dogs and airships". Let's not forget the other ones hoping for "Future Fable with light swords and laser guns." These "fans" are likely the reason the series is so broken. These "fans" have no idea what is and isn't Fable-like. I'm sure Lionhead will listen to them and continue down their path of mediocrity. If Lionhead wants to continue with their (completely broken) Fable blueprint, I sincerely hope Fable 3 is the last in the series. I find it hard to want to replay The Lost Chapters knowing what the future holds for the series.

BatusBrad

Reaction score
It probably would, but to me it wouldn't be Fable

I could live with that - to me, a LH game, regardless of what it's called, that goes any further forward in technology and history than F3 won't be Fable, either.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
I could live with that - to me, a LH game, regardless of what it's called, that goes any further forward in technology and history than F3 won't be Fable, either.
That I agree with, but if they're calling it Fable then I want it to be Fable. Does it seem like half of our argument is now pointless or is just me. Now, if they managed to make Fable IV larger and less buggy than 3 and it still be Fable I'd be satistied, but if they did manage to fit a decent sandbox mode in there whilst doing that I think we can both agree it'd be a f***ing brilliant game, but it's never going to happen and if LH tried they'd f*** it up, so i'd rather they just try and make Fable IV

BatusBrad

Reaction score
That I agree with, but if they're calling it Fable then I want it to be Fable. Does it seem like half of our argument is now pointless or is just me. Now, if they managed to make Fable IV larger and less buggy than 3 and it still be Fable I'd be satistied, but if they did manage to fit a decent sandbox mode in there whilst doing that I think we can both agree it'd be a f***ing brilliant game, but it's never going to happen and if LH tried they'd f*** it up, so i'd rather they just try and make Fable IV

It would be brilliant indeed. And, for the record, I don't see our discussions and debate as 'argument' - just grown-ups exchanging views.:cool:

ajmanno

Reaction score
once swords become obsolete and there are cars everywhere, fable will fail.

honestly, fable 3 is too futuristic for my tastes. i still like the original fable the best.

screw guns, give me my bows back.

your right fable was the best back when there were no such things as guns, i miss the gameplay of fable one and if there is a fable 4 they should make it like that again

ajmanno

Reaction score
That's funny because I heard and watched the creative designer for Fable III say that Fable IV will be set in the old kingdom time period. This is because there is a huge want a marketing field for another Fable game Like Fable I

Fable will crash and burn if it goes any further into the future, it will lose what makes the game great

ajmanno

Reaction score
Well I remeber way back on the fourms when we were waiting for fable 2 to come out someone posted a topic about sequals as they said that they read that 2 was gona be 500 or so years after 1 three was going to be a industrial age, 4 would be set in modern times and 5 some point in the future, personnaly I hope this isnt the case >.< but since he hit the nail on the head twice with 2 and 3 who knows,

but the only real thing I want from fable 4 would be some sort of content with the northern wastes even if they dont use old content names and just add new regions into it

i also hoope that what you say is not true

ajmanno

Reaction score
FABLE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE OLD KINGDOM , with the good music from fable 1, good armour not stupid fancy clothes and wigs, big weapons, no guns only bows and crossbows, lots of forests and more heroes, if fable 4 went into the future it would loose the greatness it acheived in the first one. Also they should make the game so you can play it without the glowing trail as it can be a bit boring just following the trail all the time.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
FABLE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE OLD KINGDOM
no, it would be impossible to have any "fate of albion" level choices so the story would be much more restricted
if fable 4 went into the future it would loose the greatness it acheived in the first one
only if they keep moving albion forward technologicaly
Also they should make the game so you can play it without the glowing trail as it can be a bit boring just following the trail all the time.
the glowing trail has always been optional

shane states

Reaction score
the 1 thing that needs to happen for sure is make better use of the map... If you look at Aurora your using a 1/4 of the map... There could be so much miore to do down there in that region. Also with the water. There a mass amount of it and 1 simple island is all you get. Iknow in Fable 4 we will not get the same map as we havent yet so but my point is better use of what we are given

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
FABLE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE OLD KINGDOM , with the good music from fable 1, good armour not stupid fancy clothes and wigs, big weapons, no guns only bows and crossbows, lots of forests and more heroes, if fable 4 went into the future it would loose the greatness it acheived in the first one. Also they should make the game so you can play it without the glowing trail as it can be a bit boring just following the trail all the time.

You can turn off the glowing trail. I, and a lot of people, like the way fable 2 and 3 went. I just don't want to see it go too further. Please, no spaceships, lasers, or anything else star-trekky. Please.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Peter Molyneux said:
Due to my inability to produce a game I promise to deliver, There will not be a Fable IV, sorry
P.M. xoxo

HelloFriend

Reaction score
I think a depression era fable could be done well, if it wasn't done by Lionhead. Wouldn't it be cool, walking around with a Tommy gun in one hand and a fireball in the other? I also remember seeing PM mention a WWI fable somewhere.

AlmightyLush

Reaction score
I imagine the upcoming games would involve the Tattered Spire and it's ability to warp reality. You could actually have a storyline element where there are time rifts that allow for Old Kingdom elements to mix with the Renaissance/Revolution/Steampunk gags we're into now.
I'd like to see more of a purpose to each of the combat elements. I was totally thinking that Lionhead would make certain opponents more vulnerable to certain offensive weapons, in Fable 3. Maybe they could do it in Fable 4.
What I loved about Fable 2 was that there was some subtlety to the customization. Granted sometimes it stretched credulity, but it was there. I liked that you could upgrade towns and regions through your actions. That was done very well in Fable 2 I think. I wanted to see more of that in Fable 3, but they took the concept into the realm of being to literate and it still didn't change much overall. Most of the changes were as a result of story enforced decisions. Where's the power in that? I liked that you had to make an investment in one part of Fable 2 that literally effected the world 10 years later! That was brilliant.
Anyhow, I agree the series needs to shift sharply back to RPG mode. Make everything upgradeable and customizable as was promised. What if I want to upgrade my gypsy wagon into a shack? A Shack to a cottage and so forth? What if I want my spouse to dress differently and have a wardrobe? A varying personality?
Lots of room to make improvements. It is a lot to ask, but that's the task isn't it? Here's to hoping.