• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Legends Cancelled & Lionhead to shutdown

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So what of us then? I mean is this thing over or what?

Time will tell I guess, plenty of other games to talk about here but who knows what our long term future is if it is truly the end of Fable & Lionhead. You guys keep this place alive by posting and coming here, if that ceases to happen now then we will have no choice but to call it a day and end this era unfortunately. But its not over until the fat lady sings as they say...

bluetain

Reaction score
On a more positive note, EuroGamer have run this article...

A celebration of Lionhead's finest games
Really hard to believe that this is happening, but it is... I can't help but feel that Microsoft have massively underestimated the pull fable titles have for gaming and gamers in general plus the fact that Lionhead is a great studio, and can produce great games given the chance... Sad news indeed, the corporate machine is destroying gaming in general, the creativity and imagination of games like the lost chapters probably isn't possible any more because the pressure on companies like Lionhead to make unimaginative mass media games now is ridiculous... Make us a call of duty or we close you down... Hence the death of art in games, I don't think we will see game's like fable again, and the world will be a poorer place for it, your health is indeed low hero :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Really hard to believe that this is happening, but it is... I can't help but feel that Microsoft have massively underestimated the pull fable titles have for gaming and gamers in general plus the fact that Lionhead is a great studio, and can produce great games given the chance... Sad news indeed, the corporate machine is destroying gaming in general, the creativity and imagination of games like the lost chapters probably isn't possible any more because the pressure on companies like Lionhead to make unimaginative mass media games now is ridiculous... Make us a call of duty or we close you down... Hence the death of art in games, I don't think we will see game's like fable again, and the world will be a poorer place for it, your health is indeed low hero :(

Still not officially the end of Lionhead yet and gamers have been speaking out about the closure. Lionhead did reappear back on the Microsoft website after disappearing for a little while after the announcement, so in limbo at moment.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fable Legends Officially Shuts Down, Refunds Available

Lionhead Statement

"From all of us here at Lionhead Studios, we would like to thank you for participating in the closed beta and being a part of the game's development, All stories have to end eventually, but the memories of Heroic triumphs and Villainous plots will last forever. Thank you for your support--you are all Legends!"

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Today was the contract workers' last day :( I played my last games on Wednesday after 18 months of playing and testing the game. This is the end of an era. I'm still under NDA so can't show off all the footage I've captured. Such amazing times and great gameplay lost. RIP Lionhead

Hobbilis

Reaction score
I played my last games on Wednesday after 18 months of playing and testing the game.

Dude... those hours https://twitter.com/ToddQuest/status/720282174293827585?s=09

Also,
I'm still under NDA so can't show off all the footage I've captured

Microsoft don't care about that, there are bunch of people who uploded videos from Legends a month ago and nothing happened.

For example:
GOC raiden
FactPile (he's done it recently)
DogPatchZeroTwo

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I dont imagine much action would be taken with what is now a dead title and (close to) shut down studio.

Krskull

Reaction score
Yeah I dont imagine much action would be taken with what is now a dead title and (close to) shut down studio.

I don't think the title is dead. Something tells me that its deeply unconscious and it will rise someday in the near future.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
It's my hope that it will somehow come back to life... Somehow.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
The Lionhead forums will be closing tomorrow 14:00 BST I believe the Studio is closing as well. Microsoft owns the IP but it seems unlikely that they will do anything with it any time soon.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The Lionhead forums will be closing tomorrow 14:00 BST I believe the Studio is closing as well. Microsoft owns the IP but it seems unlikely that they will do anything with it any time soon.

End of an era & such a shame for both the IP & studio, hopefully one day we shall see an official Fable IV in some capacity.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Rumor has it Peter wants to give Fable 4 a go, and several big names are interested in working with Lion head.

EDIT: The Fable 4 thread is closed, where can we go to discuss our favorite topics?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's all over. I guess they had to shank Lionhead as it was probably one of the weakest links for Microsoft Studios, seeing how badly the Xbox One did so far.

Exactly how was it one of the weakest links?

Reaction score
This is sad. I have been playing fable since I was four and now I'm fifteen. It was the first video game I ever played.

I got the game on my fourth birthday.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This is sad. I have been playing fable since I was four and now I'm fifteen. It was the first video game I ever played.
It was my first video game as well. I'm just going to have a pint, and watch this all blow over.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rumor has it Peter wants to give Fable 4 a go, and several big names are interested in working with Lion head.

EDIT: The Fable 4 thread is closed, where can we go to discuss our favorite topics?

Fable 4 section is closed until there is any info on it actually happening, at the moment the series is in limbo as Lionhead have been closed and the franchises fate is up in the air with Microsoft not wanting to sell it.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Fable 4 section is closed until there is any info on it actually happening, at the moment the series is in limbo as Lionhead have been closed and the franchises fate is up in the air with Microsoft not wanting to sell it.
I don't pray at all but I'm sending our heroes all my wishes.