• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable Project Spring

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I came across this a few weeks ago on YouTube and was very impressed with the hard work of this very talented individual. The coding of Fable is notoriously difficult to work with and has seriously limited many Mod projects that people have worked on. Project Spring uses many of the cut items and unused assets to build a very impressive Albion and could easily be mistaken for actual content made by the developers. I just wondered what you guys thought of this and if anyone knows who this very creative individual was who made it?.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I came across this a few weeks ago on YouTube and was very impressed with the hard work of this very talented individual. The coding of Fable is notoriously difficult to work with and has seriously limited many Mod projects that people have worked on. Project Spring uses many of the cut items and unused assets to build a very impressive Albion and could easily be mistaken for actual content made by the developers. I just wondered what you guys thought of this and if anyone knows who this very creative individual was who made it?.

I hadnt heard of this but shall take a look.

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I was impressed with how the creator tried to add a bit of extra back story to Albion such as the secret area that the Heroes would like to hide out or the letter addressed to Lady Gray in the sewer. Given the limited amount of Modding that can be done with Fable it is definitely one of the best efforts that I’ve seen. It will be interesting to see what you think of it Dark Draken.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Pretty neat to see the areas that were left out. I wonder if they are going to use the original dragon model somewhere.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
The individual who created this is also responsible for the other excellent Fable YouTube content Albion Secrets. They clearly have a very impressive grasp of Albion Explorer and Chocolate Box. It would be great to know who this person making this content is?. They clearly have the ability to push the Limits of what is possible to Mod in Fable.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I remember when I first came across the Trophies and Items of Doom thread and it truly blew my mind. What bugs me the most is all the Quest Cards such as Easy Pickings that had items developed for them. Such as the Stolen Jewelled box but we’re never put into the final build of the game. We can only imagine what those unfinished quests actually were going to be. It would have been amazing if someone was able to complete those missions and use some of the items that are hidden in the coding. Unfortunately I doubt that this will ever happen now, despite the very talented people who have been able to really unlock the the coding of Fable.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Maybe Steam will eventually give Fable Workshop support. If they could swing that who knows how many mods we would have

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I could only imagine what Mods there would have been out there now if there was the proper Tools. what really impresses me about stuff like Project Spring is that the person involved has clearly spent years cracking the coding. I really hope that people continue to make content of this quality in the future. I also love the content from the Fable Historian on YouTube.

LilBud710

Hood
Reaction score
Microsoft needs to release the engine for a editor lol, but it would be so awesome if they did that and steam workshop. I'm working on my own mod similar to project spring its very early in development yet but I plan on making Ego region by region next! On my Fable mod discord server we have some modders trying to look at the file types more and learn more so we can code a new editor since microsoft clearly wont release a better one (and the game is how old :l

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Hi LilBud710
I think that it would be a dream of any Fable fan to be able to add actual quests and a new region. If you look on the map of Albion there is clearly so much more space for DLC style areas. I like the mountain areas. It’s brilliant that people are trying to make an editor. If you are able finish any of your work please share a link as I would love to be able to view it