• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable: The Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WUTBM

Reaction score
Now before you flame me to death, hear me out.

Pros:
I'm saying it could be a good concept, because I've always loved Albion, from it's subtle humour to varied regions, and how much depth there is to it. I think the Fable 3 story would adapt well to film, however so would Fable 2 & 1. However the characters don't have voices...
Maybe a completely new story still based in Albion?

Cons:
There has never been a good movie of a videogame ever.
They will take it and destroy it and rape everything I love about Fable.
If they do take a new story, it would have none of the Fable charm.
You would also lose the customisation and choices that are key to Fable.

If it were well done, I think I'd love it, however the chances of that are extremely slim.

What are your thoughts?

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
hmm, it is most probable that all the moral choices would be chosen, up the point they become king, and then i guess its a mixture of what is morally right, and what gives enough gold.
the cutscenes have always been awesome in fable 2 and 3 such as the ship taking you to the spire, or the ship battle from aurora.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Nah, Lionhead can't handle a simple video game plot, how are they going to handle a movie?

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
simple, they hire someone else, and just stick to the graphics...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
PM wouldn't let anyone take his beloved Fable away from him.

Besides, they'd have to reboot the series, considering the amount of contradictions in the series lore, and that's never really worked.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
lol, i could imagine a kinect version of a fable movie.
peter would so love that...:lol:

WUTBM

Reaction score
Also, Fable's brilliant voice acting could add a real shine to it.

bradio12

Reaction score
i dunno it does sound cool but it just sounds like one of those movies where evryones looking forward to it and it looks awesome and its a total let down

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Let's be honest movies based of video games are typically terrible. I think a most likely poorly down Fable movie would give the series a bad name to all the people outside the gaming community.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
There have been some pretty good video game- to movies. But I really can't see Fable working,

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
There has never been a good movie of a videogame ever.
Not entirely true, although this is based on personal opinion, I thought Prince of Persia was a pretty reasonable attempt which I quite enjoyed watching. The Resident Evil movies would be quite good in their own right regardless of whether or not they're linked to a game. Doom wasn't too bad either.
When I think of a bad 'Game to Video' transition, I think of Super Mario Brothers or anything done by Uwe Boll.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
One benefit of having a 500 year gap in the series' story is that it's essentially a blank slate. They could very easily create an entirely new story based around the established canon (within reason, mind you) and it would work just fine. They could also have it centered around the revolts against the Guild since that stupendously important point in Albion's history was oddly neglected.

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
Yeah, without the choices it wouldn't seem right. Maybe do something like they did with Fable: The Balverine Order?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Nah, Lionhead can't handle a simple video game plot, how are they going to handle a movie?

PM wouldn't let anyone take his beloved Fable away from him.

Besides, they'd have to reboot the series, considering the amount of contradictions in the series lore, and that's never really worked.

Excellent and valid points.

The fact that there has NEVER been a good movie made from a video game should tip you all off just how bad of an idea this would be. Not to mention there's a distinct possibility that Peter Molyneux would hire Uwe Boll to direct the movie. Do you want to see that movie be made?! DO YOU?!

Kessd

Reaction score
It is possible, though not likely to happen. If it were to be a good movie (IMO) it would have to involve entirely new characters, as well as entirely new villains.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Excellent and valid points.

The fact that there has NEVER been a good movie made from a video game should tip you all off just how bad of an idea this would be. Not to mention there's a distinct possibility that Peter Molyneux would hire Uwe Boll to direct the movie. Do you want to see that movie be made?! DO YOU?!

No one in Hollywood takes Uwe Boll seriously. Now, a much more capable director-producer such as Peter Jackson could more than likely make a film we would all enjoy watching, case in point King Kong.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I would only accept a Fable movie if it was written by the same author(s) as the games AND IS FULLY CANON. If it's anything less than that it is crap.

Now, why in the name of the devil eating a chicken's holy stool would someone, ANYONE hire Uwe Boll? Even Peter Molyneux wouldn't just give away his daughter (Fable) to be raped, for crying out loud. I hope...

WUTBM

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are on about, Uwe Boll is a fantastic director.

Status
Not open for further replies.