• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable TLC -No Product Key?-

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Did anyone who bought the retail version of this game get a product key with it?
I'm not asking for one, I already got one of the internet, but my copy just plain and simply didn't have a product key.
It was a brand new, unopened copy I bought from EB games, so I just wanted to know.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Did anyone who bought the retail version of this game get a product key with it?
I'm not asking for one, I already got one of the internet, but my copy just plain and simply didn't have a product key.
It was a brand new, unopened copy I bought from EB games, so I just wanted to know.
I bought mine when it was released. The key is in an orange label above the CD. That's how Microsoft put CD Keys in PC games back at the time.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
The key is in an orange label above the CD.
That's just the thing, there is no label whatsoever. All I have is the four disks, the manual and a Microsoft pamphlet on how to install the game in about 30 different languages.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
That's just the thing, there is no label whatsoever. All I have is the four disks, the manual and a Microsoft pamphlet on how to install the game in about 30 different languages.
You should probably contact customer support of the retailer you bought the game. Although, most retailers have a time limit for returns. You cannot really remove the orange label since it would be hard, and plus it would leave its marks on the game's box.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Only games I didnt have any CD keys for were some expansions (mainly The Sims) but they didnt even ask for a CD Key when installing them.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Just checked - yup, mine came with a 25-digit (yikes!) CD key sticker attached to the inside of the case. Methinks it be worth a quick reinstall, now that I've gotten it off the shelf...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Only games I didnt have any CD keys for were some expansions (mainly The Sims) but they didnt even ask for a CD Key when installing them.
The Sims is like the expansion nightmare. Especially when you do not know the right order to install them.

Just checked - yup, mine came with a 25-digit (yikes!) CD key sticker attached to the inside of the case. Methinks it be worth a quick reinstall, now that I've gotten it off the shelf...
How about installing some mods? After all, the mod community is still kickin'.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Although, most retailers have a time limit for returns.
I'm going to guess a year and a half would be too long...
EDIT: Also, It's in Queensland...
EDIT...2?: Wait a minute, I'm moving there...
Yet Another EDIT: Would still having the receipt be of any difference?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I'm going to guess a year and a half would be too long...
EDIT: Also, It's in Queensland...
EDIT...2?: Wait a minute, I'm moving there...
Yet Another EDIT: Would still having the receipt be of any difference?
I do not know, I do not have a magic hat. (Well the hat in my avatar is magic, but not for this kind of magic) to tell you what your retailer policies are. You should contact customer support and ask them and also state that you have a receipt. You can also read your customer rights for the eurozone.

europa.eu/eu-life/consumer-rights/index_en.htm

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I do not know, I do not have a magic hat. (Well the hat in my avatar is magic, but not for this kind of magic) to tell you what your retailer policies are. You should contact customer support and ask them and also state that you have a receipt. You can also read your customer rights for the eurozone.

europa.eu/eu-life/consumer-rights/index_en.htm

Liar. You're Veigar. Everything about you is magic.

Dark magic.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps, but I lost the product key for one of my Sims 2 expansions once and I just googled one and it worked. Maybe you could do the same for Fable.

Sylfarion

Reaction score
I bought Fable TLC few days ago. But whenever I try to insert my product key it says it's invalid. The seal on the case wasn't broken or anything.