• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fairfax Garden Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Fairfax Garden Traders

On my newest Fable 2 game, I started looking in Fairfax Gardens for a regal purple dye. I looked for probably 2 hours, going to Fairfax Gardens, then to Bowerstone, and back to Fairfax to reset the traders. Eventually, I found that whenever I went back to Fairfax Gardens, every trader was out of stock, whether they sold clothing and dyes or not. I was wondering if anyone knows what triggers this, and how to fix it.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Fairfax Garden Traders

I've not had this with Purple Dye but I have with other items that on other profiles only seemed to exist in Fairfax...

Does waiting for a few in-game days make any difference or not?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

It didn't seem to. I traveled from Fairfax to Bower Lake, then back to Fairfax, which takes over 2 days. I'll try sleeping for 7 days a few times, but I doubt it will have any effect.

I also don't think it has anything to do with the item. My only guess could be that it was because I went back and forth from Bowerstone to Fairfax so many times, but I'm looking for a fix more than a cause.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

If you have the see the future dlc, just get it from the snowglobe village, im pretty sure i found it there before. And Are you trying to open the box of surprises...?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I don't have any DLC. I don't even have Xbox live yet.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

oh.... Thats strange, i could've sworn i've talked to you about the black wheel gang outfit and you said it shouldnt have been in the game or something like that... oh well, whatever.. dont matter anyway. Anyway, why dont you cnnect an ethernet cable to your xbox, then just look to trade with someone, you get a free trial for 30 days. And if you dont have a spare ethernet cable then just use the one connected to your computer. And if the TV placement is the problem, then you can just buy a longer ethernet cable, or if you have a small tv just move the small tv to a convenient spot. ( i have two Tvs a small one and a plasma screen one... i could just move my small tv around to another room with ease. But my plasma tv is conveniently placed...)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

The problem is I can't afford a router right now. Once I got one though, I'm planning to run a cable under my house since my computer and Xbox are on opposite sides of the house.

And we did talk about the black wheel gang outfit, I looked it up.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Necromancer11;330260 said:
...I'll try sleeping for 7 days a few times, but I doubt it will have any effect...

LOL you HAVE to sleep for 7 days for a shop/trader to re-stalk it even says that in-game
i do this all the time while trying to get good augs from knothole, if its not there i sleep for 7 days and they have a whole new invantory

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I know shops restock after a certain number of days, but these are traveling traders. They change their merchandise every time you come back to the region they're in. I didn't even buy anything from any of the traveling traders up there yet, and still every trader has literally nothing available for purchase. My problem seems to be more of a glitch.

A

Albion Hero

Hmm, i have this problem too, does this happen with all the traders in the area?
Is it night time when your trading them?
Maybe you've abused the re-stocking system too much?!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Albion Hero;330726 said:
Hmm, i have this problem too, does this happen with all the traders in the area?

Yes.

Albion Hero;330726 said:
Is it night time when your trading them?

Both night and day.

Albion Hero;330726 said:
Maybe you've abused the re-stocking system too much?!

That could be my only guess as to why this happened, but again, I'm looking for a fix more than a cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.