• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FALLOUT 4

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

YES!!! YES!!!! FOR THE LOVE O' GOD GRAB YOUR BOTTLE CAPS!! IT'S REAL, IT'S FINALLY REAL!!!

xyRQlaX.gif

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_inline_n6wr5jzuqb1s9nclc.gif

Wassup with that voice doe?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thought I would allow you the joy of posting this :lol: and I can't wait to see more. With this and The Witcher 3 my year is already full.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I can say I'm not ashamed for having re-watched the trailer over 9,000 times. The tiniest little detail I keep catching with every view is blowing my mind.

- A seamless world, no more loading screens. (Todd Howard hinted at this in an interview last year)
- Dynamic weather system (including sandstorm and thunder storms)
- Airborne vehicles.
- Super mutants with power armor.
- Weapon mods & crafting.
- Armor customization & crafting.
- Androids and people with cybernetic implants/limbs.
- Galaxy News Network (potentially viewable television?)
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L. learning book is still in.
- Purchasable property (there's a "Now Leasing" banner on a home).
- Ron (Perlman) the Narrator might be an NPC now?
- There's so many NPCs allowed on-screen and in places now, no more empty cities.
- Improved physics.
- It still uses the Creation Engine/Gamebryo, but heavily updated and reworked.
- Proper dynamic shadows compared to Skyrim's, not jaggy anymore either.

Just off the top that I saw for now. Other folks are finding tons of little goodies as well from the uncompressed trailer.

Wassup with that voice doe?
Many folks are agreeing that it''s Troy Baker and consequently has a lot of people now fearing that the main protagonist will be fully voice-acted, because well.. it's ****ing Troy Baker, that''d be like hiring Nolan North just for grunt noises. Could just be a Troy Baker sound-alike. On the flipside, Patrick Stewart was in Oblivion with only 20 lines or so, so who knows.

But the whole leaked script and whatnot about that generic guy being our only character with no female character isn't holding much weight. For reference, in Skyrim's trailer the protag spoke for the very first time with "Fus-Roh-Dah!" , when we finally got the game that's all it ever amounted to (just the shouts). Even the throw voice shout where your character ACTUALLY speaks is the most of it and we still got a lovable mute. So I'm hoping it's only to the extent of follower commands and gestures such as "Hey", "Bye", "Mhm", "No", "Let's go, pal", "Over here!" and so on, and if so I would be totally okay with that. Especially since something that small could easily be toggled on/off for those that don't want it.

There's a lot of theories about the protagonist out there, but this one is definitely my favorite and makes the most sense to me. The father in the pre-war intro has a wedding ring on his finger, the guy in the 111 Vault suit doesn't... so your parents probably take after your character like James did to the Lone Wanderer in FO3.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Fingers crossed though for if the protagonist is fully voiced that it's also completely optional and can be turned off. That's the only thing at this point that worries me cause it totally gets in the way of roleplaying for me, if the male is fully voiced by Troy Baker, I'm gonna have hard as hell time thinking that I'm not playing as Booker DeWitt in a vault suit.

Also, for those interested here's a link to download the uncompressed trailer and screenshots, it looks way better without YouTube's crappy compression.

Trailer: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_fallout_4_trailer-34774_en.html
Screenshots: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_new_fallout_4_images-16596_en.html

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm really not excited about the call of duty dog. Hopefully I can command it to wait forever, if not I'm naming it Lydia.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm really not excited about the call of duty dog.

I really hope you're trolling. Because what you just said is not okay.

See signature for reaction.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm really not excited about the call of duty dog. Hopefully I can command it to wait forever, if not I'm naming it Lydia.
Uhh Zarkes, that dog is Dogmeat, he's been in all the Fallout games since 1997 with Fallout 1... :p

That COD dog has nothin' on him (and is the other way around if anything).

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Uhh Zarkes, that dog is Dogmeat, he's been in all the Fallout games since 1997 with Fallout 1... :p

That COD dog has nothin' on him (and is the other way around if anything).
haha sorry I only played alittle bit of Fallout 3. I just don't like party members in rpg's, that's all.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I enjoy having optional party members, someone else to carry my stuff mainly and draw enemies fire while I heal up and reload.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I enjoy having optional party members, someone else to carry my stuff mainly and draw enemies fire while I heal up and reload.

Do you treat all your friends like cannon fodder or just the virtual ones? :ermm:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Do you treat all your friends like cannon fodder or just the virtual ones? :ermm:

Depends what sort of mood I'm in and how useful they are at other things.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Spongebob knows what's up.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm super psyched, but I couldn't but laugh at the fact that Steam are already taking pre-orders for it.

A bit early, no?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
haha sorry I only played alittle bit of Fallout 3. I just don't like party members in rpg's, that's all.
No worries. :p Though they were pretty bothersome in Fallout 3, especially when they often stole your XP/Kills. Drove me up a wall.
Usually what they end up getting relegated to in my playthroughs if they lack character development. Loved them in New Vegas, but in Fallout 3 & Skyrim they were glorified bullet sponges that just hung around. So I really hope BGS learned from this and fleshes the characters out more, though judging from Dawnguard (Serana) I think we'll be good.
I'm super psyched, but I couldn't but laugh at the fact that Steam are already taking pre-orders for it.

A bit early, no?
What also amused me is how so many people flocked to said pre-orders in a flurry, as if Steam is gonna somehow run out of digital copies.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Sorry for the double-post guys, but definitely worth it.

Gameplay videos:

I... I don't even have any words for this (okay maybe I do), my honest expectations for this game was Skyrim w/Guns, but more... yet somehow BGS has managed to make Fallout 4 live up to the hype and then shatter the goddamn ceiling and pushing it even further. Todd Howard further mentioned on the post-show that this demonstration still hasn't touched on the many things left to be revealed for this game.

Lots of confirmed tidbits as well at this link here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/39vhog/what_we_know_summary/

The fact that they brought back the oft-begged for layered/sectioned armor & clothing system from Morrowind was enough to slap a permanent grin on my face. That trailer from last week really didn't do this game any justice, and here I thought The Witcher 3 raised the bar but this...What a day, what a lovely day indeed.

I'm still taken aback by the voiced protagonist, but I think I can warm up to it.