• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite kind of tea?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I feel like American accents are easy to do, I find myself slipping into south-central Kentuckian real easily, especially in the slang/word variations I use like "Y'all" "Yonder" and the pronunciations; but since I live in America in a south-east state, I am probably biased on thinking American accents are easy to mimic.

On a biscuit/cookie note: I bought some orange jaffa cakes from an international market one time, downed the whole box in a day with a bottle of R. Whites lemonade, it was mental. I wish we had carbonated lemonade in the U.S, or at least Lucozade.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
On a biscuit/cookie note: I bought some orange jaffa cakes from an international market one time, downed the whole box in a day with a bottle of R. Whites lemonade, it was mental. I wish we had carbonated lemonade in the U.S, or at least Lucozade.

That's probably the thing I'm least looking forward to when I move over there. The lack of my British food delicacies. Quavers, Irn Bru, Wotsits, Dream Rings, Pickled Onion Walkers. The list goes on. Even finding salt and vinegar flavoured anything is difficult and I don't always want to eat Pringles, damnit. :(

bluetain

Reaction score
Heh, I used to get asked a lot if I was Irish, but that's more understandable being Scottish. My voice has become a lot more deep over the years and I've been told I have a very tame Scots accent and sound American a lot. I put that down to talking to Americans all the time and all the American shows I watch. I think I've just got one of those accents that picks up a lot of different bits and bobs and adapts. I've been told I sound posh before. But then I swear like a sailor so God knows.

I'm a daily coffee drinker, I'm on my second now actually! I worry about my teeth, I'd hate for my teeth to become yellow as I actually take really good care of them. As for any of teas I drink, I tend to stick to them as nighttime drinks, or when my stomach is too sensitive to drink any coffee. Bad coffee that many times a night is definitely enough to put anyone off.
I myself am Irish, and coming from the shores of Lough Derravaragh, or the lake of the oaks in English, have a typical Irish lilt :) Lough Derravaragh is were the story of the three children of Lir comes from, and is worth checking out for anyone interested in mythology in general, I do enjoy a cupan tae as we say as gailge, Irish tea is pretty good, we have a lot of blends, and really are a nation of tea drinkers, however mother's milk will always be a pint of good porter and a drop of good whiskey, :)

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I myself am Irish, and coming from the shores of Lough Derravaragh, or the lake of the oaks in English, have a typical Irish lilt :) Lough Derravaragh is were the story of the three children of Lir comes from, and is worth checking out for anyone interested in mythology in general, I do enjoy a cupan tae as we say as gailge, Irish tea is pretty good, we have a lot of blends, and really are a nation of tea drinkers, however mother's milk will always be a pint of good porter and a drop of good whiskey, :)

Well whiskey is pretty fantastic, it has to be said. Everyone knows what to get me for Christmas. :wub:

bluetain

Reaction score
Well whiskey is pretty fantastic, it has to be said. Everyone knows what to get me for Christmas. :wub:
Lol Queen, you do indeed have many a fine Whiskey in Scotland, recently a Scottish cousin of mine sent me a bottle of Men of Tain malt whiskey, well to say it would put hair's on your chest is a understatement, I gave a drop to my poor sister and I haven't seen her wear a blouse since :)

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lol Queen, you do indeed have many a fine Whiskey in Scotland, recently a Scottish cousin of mine sent me a bottle of Men of Tain malt whiskey, well to say it would put hair's on your chest is a understatement, I gave a drop to my poor sister and I haven't seen her wear a blouse since :)

Men of Tain, is that affiliated with the town Tain? If so, that's totally where I live! Scottish whiskey is pretty intense and not for beginners. Let your sister's tatas go free!

bluetain

Reaction score
Men of Tain, is that affiliated with the town Tain? If so, that's totally where I live! Scottish whiskey is pretty intense and not for beginners. Let your sister's tatas go free!
LoL Queen, Scottish whiskey is indeed a mighty brew, Men of Tain I think is from your town, it's a triple distilled malt with quite a kick to it. Irish whiskey tends to be quite smooth and kind of... Well just nice!!! Unless of course it's a drop of poitin from the bog, that stuff is the reason Irish people see faires all the time, and reason you may see Irish men licking trees first thing in the morning!!! About my sister, we did indeed set her tatties free..... Or rather her free... Of a sort..... You see there was this passing circus, and well, ..... It seemed like the thing to do....
At the time... .... ;)

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
That's probably the thing I'm least looking forward to when I move over there. The lack of my British food delicacies. Quavers, Irn Bru, Wotsits, Dream Rings, Pickled Onion Walkers. The list goes on. Even finding salt and vinegar flavoured anything is difficult and I don't always want to eat Pringles, damnit. :(
You can find most of the stuff, it's just in specialty shops for a higher price, example Irn Bru at Jungle Jim's (Our local large franchise of imported goods.) costs something like 79 U.S cents per can, I remember the box of Jaffa Cakes being almost $5, a 1 liter bottle of Lucozade was almost $15, you can get some Brit products at most any stores though: imported Cadbury, chocolate digestives, Maltesers, Randoms, meat pies (Not just pot pies, like Kidney pies.) and I saw a decent selection of Walkers at a store about ten miles away from me, plus curry is really starting to catch on here.

I wish I could afford a good Scotch though, most whiskeys that are actually from Scotland and Ireland are made here in the U.S with permission by the parent company, or are overly popular overpriced crap whiskey (Like Jameson.) to get a damn fine Scottish whiskey costs at least $100 down here, on the other hand you can get crappy bourbon for $50 or a superior quality but less well known bourbon for around $25, it's darn confusing.

bluetain

Reaction score
You can find most of the stuff, it's just in specialty shops for a higher price, example Irn Bru at Jungle Jim's (Our local large franchise of imported goods.) costs something like 79 U.S cents per can, I remember the box of Jaffa Cakes being almost $5, a 1 liter bottle of Lucozade was almost $15, you can get some Brit products at most any stores though: imported Cadbury, chocolate digestives, Maltesers, Randoms, meat pies (Not just pot pies, like Kidney pies.) and I saw a decent selection of Walkers at a store about ten miles away from me, plus curry is really starting to catch on here.

I wish I could afford a good Scotch though, most whiskeys that are actually from Scotland and Ireland are made here in the U.S with permission by the parent company, or are overly popular overpriced crap whiskey (Like Jameson.) to get a damn fine Scottish whiskey costs at least $100 down here, on the other hand you can get crappy bourbon for $50 or a superior quality but less well known bourbon for around $25, it's darn confusing.
Jameson is quite good in Ireland, but it is overpriced, most people drink power's, which is really good, paddy, which is fire water but tasty, or crested ten ( quality) or Bushmills single malt ( my favourite) their is many other whiskeys, some are local brews, some are peat aged, some more traditional to certain regions of Ireland. I think it's something that celts do rather well, is making whiskey. Scotland makes some amazing whiskey, my father's favourite whiskey of all time is a scotch called swing, which comes in a bottle designed to rock on the table and not fall over when you are on a boat, ( unlike him) the bottle having a concave base which will Rock with the boat you may be on, kind of handy!!! I do like bourbon also, however I doubt that I have ever experienced a great bourbon due to lack of availability here, it's mostly jack or Jim beam, which I do like, so any suggestions you can make for a good bourbon Firis will be much appreciated :)

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I'll just have my mum import some goodies for us. :steve:

If you ever come across it; I definitely recommend Glenmorangie whiskey. It's a brand made here in my home town, and quite popular worldwide. Pretty good stuff! ^_^

bluetain

Reaction score
I'll just have my mum import some goodies for us. :steve:

If you ever come across it; I definitely recommend Glenmorangie whiskey. It's a brand made here in my home town, and quite popular worldwide. Pretty good stuff! ^_^
Glenmorangie is the whiskey Is was sent by my cousin queen, made by the men of Tain, triple distilled malt, I guess I was rather drunk after all!!! :)

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Glenmorangie is the whiskey Is was sent by my cousin queen, made by the men of Tain, triple distilled malt, I guess I was rather drunk after all!!! :)

Oh awesome! You're in good hands then. :)

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I've seen Glenmorangie around, haven't tried it yet. I will have to check it out.

As for bourbon, blue: I will backtrack a little bit by saying it's kind of hard to go wrong with bourbon, unlike scotch and other whiskeys, most of the bourbons I have tried taste fairly similar to each other with very few different notes between them, some are a little more caramel flavored, some focus more on the wood taste from the barrel, some focus on the corn taste.
The best three bourbon's I have ever had are:
1. Popcorn Sutton, which is a bourbon derived from an old guy's moonshine recipe that he sold for most of his life. It is a clear whiskey that tastes like corn and nothing else, almost no burn but a fairly high alcohol volume.
2. Jim Beam Devil's Cut, it's a pretty sweet tasting one but it has a nice strong oak flavor to it.
3. Very Old Barton, hard to describe as I haven't had it in a long time.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
To add to the topic of the thread: I don't understand the blasphemous tradition of putting milk into tea. That's some wacky British thing I never get.

The go to brand here in Estonia (when you want to be cheap), is Ballantine's. Aside from the occasional beer/cider, whiskey was the only alcohol I drank for a while and unless it was unavailable, we always went for Ballantine's.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
To add to the topic of the thread: I don't understand the blasphemous tradition of putting milk into tea. That's some wacky British thing I never get.

I used to drink both tea and coffee with milk. Nowadays coffee with milk makes me nauseous, and I can't drink your traditional British style tea whatsover, but still drink my chai/green teas without milk. Green tea with milk just sounds wrong anyway.