• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Five Guys VS In-N-Out

Overall, which burger place is better?

• Five Guys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In-N-Out

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Can't decide, it's a tie

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Never been to Five Guys

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Never been to In-N-Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never been to either of them

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Five Guys VS In-N-Out

As a Californian, I am very familiar with In-N-Out. It's always been a damn good burger place. It's cheap, they make their food fresh, they don't use all kinds of preservatives and chemicals in their food like other fast food places (I'll still eat at places that do though :lol:), and their burgers are just delicious. However, they just put in a Five Guys in my town. I was a little surprised because I was under the assumption that it was an eastern thing, but I was interested in trying it nonetheless. I went there for the first time today. All I'm going to say is that In-N-Out has some new competition. It was damn good. Still, it was a little more expensive than In-N-Out, and the burger didn't stay together very well. It fell apart a little. It tasted slightly better than In-N-Out though. I'm not really sure if all of their stuff is fresh and chemical free like In-N-Out, but I thought I heard that it was. Does anybody know for sure?

Overall, I'm not actually sure which place I like better, but they both have their pros and cons. It seems to be a tie right now. :lol: What do you guys think?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Five Guys VS In-N-Out

5 guys.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

We have Burger King, KFC and McDonalds.

You might as well have been speaking in Latin.

EDIT: And Subway.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;426129 said:

Really? KFC and McDonalds both suck. I mean, usually when you buy fast food, you know it's going to be unhealthy, but at least it's tasty. With those two places, it doesn't even taste good. Burger King is really good though. Subway...eh...nothing really too special about it. Quizno's is a way better sub place. It's too bad you guys don't have Taco Bell over there too.

EDIT: Breakfast at McDonald's is actually pretty good.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Necromancer11;426131 said:
Really? KFC and McDonalds both suck. I mean, usually when you buy fast food, you know it's going to be unhealthy, but at least it's tasty. With those two places, it doesn't even taste good. Burger King is really good though. Subway...eh...nothing really too special about it. Quizno's is a way better sub place. It's too bad you guys don't have Taco Bell over there too.

Yeah. We get all your crappy food and do nothing ourselves xD. I agree too, Micky D's and KFC are terrible. I had a BK no more than 5 hours ago.

Quinzo's? No idea. I'm pretty sure I've heard Taco Bell on Friends one time.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i've had both, and i prefer in n out over anywhere really. 5 guys is a little too over-the-top greasy for me. if anything i'll just order fries there, as you order a small sized styrofoam cup, which they put in a paper bag, and proceed to fill up the bag. :lol:

in n out though, it just can't be beat.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;426129 said:

Indeed. Except there's none of that where I live now. I mean, the closest thing to me is a Mighty Taco and that's not too bad but Taco Bell is way better.

Necromancer11;426131 said:

Yes they do, in fact most fast food chains blow. I prefer Burger King over Hardees, Wendy's and McDonalds just because they have gigantic portions that taste great not to mention they have a lot of variety.

Subway > Quiznos.

Again, bigger portions with more variety. You could make a meatball, tuna, bacon, lettuce, pepper sub if you wanted but that's extremely disgusting and the thought alone is enough to make me want to vomit.

Anyways, stick with In-N-Out. Unless the taste of the other guys' burgers is so far beyond In-N-Out's, it would be pointless to switch because you get a better prepared burger with a slightly reduced but for less money.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

GrimWhim;426148 said:
Indeed. Except there's none of that where I live now. I mean, the closest thing to me is a Mighty Taco and that's not too bad but Taco Bell is way better.

I'm going to be completely honest with you guys... I don't know what a Taco is.

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score

LOL! I already had this argument in another thread!
In'n'out ftw. :p

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;426149 said:

Lmao. That's a joke, right?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;426153 said:
Well, I do now.

http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/

Great news!

You poor *******. We're going to have to take you to go get some tacos sometime. I've heard Del Taco is pretty much the best place to get 'em at and since I've never had them, this is the perfect opportunity.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;426133 said:
Quinzo's? No idea.

It's not as big as Subway. They might not have expanded outside the US, but I like it a lot more than Subway.

GrimWhim;426148 said:
Subway > Quiznos.

Again, bigger portions with more variety.

I never really noticed a difference in variety or portion sizes, but it quite simply just tastes better when I go to Quizno's than when I go to Subway.

cheezMcNASTY;426142 said:
i've had both, and i prefer in n out over anywhere really. 5 guys is a little too over-the-top greasy for me. if anything i'll just order fries there, as you order a small sized styrofoam cup, which they put in a paper bag, and proceed to fill up the bag. :lol:

in n out though, it just can't be beat.

You're in...Ohio, right? When did you have In-N-Out?

Zjuggernaut;426133 said:
I'm pretty sure I've heard Taco Bell on Friends one time.

Zjuggernaut;426149 said:

The lack of Latin American influence on the UK is somewhat funny to me, being in California and all. :lol: Obviously it makes sense that there's not much of it there, but it's still funny when I hear things like "I don't know what a taco is." :lol:

Still, Taco Bell isn't actually Mexican for the most part. It's Americanized Mexican food. If you go down to Mexico and start talking about nacho cheese chalupas and crunchwrap supremes, they're not going to have any idea what you're talking about. :lol: It's still delicious though...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;426161 said:
You're in...Ohio, right? When did you have In-N-Out?

probably before you did. my entire family lives in southern california, i make yearly visits and make sure to grab a meal there every single time.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;426161 said:
I never really noticed a difference in variety or portion sizes, but it quite simply just tastes better when I go to Quizno's than when I go to Subway.

Eh... I guess that's where our opinions differ. I find that Subway is more bang for your buck than Quiznos and that they have more variety but it's been a while since I've been so there's a small chance I'm wrong. Still, Subway has been around longer than Quiznos and you can't beat the classics, haha.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;426170 said:
probably before you did. my entire family lives in southern california, i make yearly visits and make sure to grab a meal there every single time.

That's pretty sweet. Just the part about In-N-Out though, not so much about southern California. :lol:

GrimWhim;426180 said:
Eh... I guess that's where our opinions differ. I find that Subway is more bang for your buck than Quiznos and that they have more variety but it's been a while since I've been so there's a small chance I'm wrong. Still, Subway has been around longer than Quiznos and you can't beat the classics, haha.

Yea, I mean, there's nothing wrong with Subway. I'll eat their food, it's just never my first choice. And Quiznos actually can get a bit pricey. I'd go there more if they were cheaper. But now, I'll be going there even less. The Five Guys that just opened up is in the downtown area like our Quiznos. If I'm there (which I often am) and I'm hungry, I'll probably choose Five Guys over most of the stuff that's there. :lol:

killerequinox

Reaction score

I would say In-N-Out is the best, but I’ve never been to Five Guys so my opinion is biased.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

We only have 5 Guys here, but its to far out of my way for me to have ever bothered going there.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Necromancer11;426191 said:
Yea, I mean, there's nothing wrong with Subway. I'll eat their food, it's just never my first choice. And Quiznos actually can get a bit pricey. I'd go there more if they were cheaper. But now, I'll be going there even less. The Five Guys that just opened up is in the downtown area like our Quiznos. If I'm there (which I often am) and I'm hungry, I'll probably choose Five Guys over most of the stuff that's there. :lol:

Being poor has made me cheap and because of that, I'll gladly sacrifice quality for lower prices. Honestly though, I've never been to Quizno's but I heard their stuff was really good albeit really small. Still... I'll have to check it out for myself one of these days. However, it is, in my opinion, that the lesser known food chains typically have better food and better prices than the more well known ones so it's always a good idea to keep an eye out for 'em (although I'm sure that's common knowledge).

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Arby's all the way baby.