• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FreeRoam Setup

C

core

Re: FreeRoam Setup

I can get to step 12 on the list and it says "Try to select a file next time" But I am selecting a file. help

D

deathbybacon

Its not letting me extract the files to extract to the data folder. any ideas whats up? also i changed the setlevelwad true to setlevelwad false....any ideas whats wrong??

J

Jack_Of_Games

Ya i have the same problem, it wont let me extract the files....and is so damn annoying:'(.......plz help somone......

E

Elrond of Cynia

My FreeRoam doesn't work actually, I select FinalAlbion.wad, click RIP!, select the data folder and then FreeRoam stops responding :'(
can anyone help me fix that problem please?

B

Briar Rose

when i go to data, all it says is sound and video :(

ughhh it says i dont have permission to open up dat file!@!!!

B

Briar Rose

ddinot work for me, i still cant run albion explorer and go up hills. this is crap, i cant do any modding except fe, and i cant even change the worold on that. ugghhhh im sooo angry nothing works for me ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder above the levels folder

It doesnt ask me that, this is hard!

C

Celtam

Briar Rose;141990 said:
ddinot work for me, i still cant run albion explorer and go up hills. this is crap, i cant do any modding except fe, and i cant even change the worold on that. ugghhhh im sooo angry nothing works for me ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Next it asks you where to extract the files. Choose the data folder above the levels folder

It doesnt ask me that, this is hard!

Briar, modding is a hard thing to do, im new, and im taking it nice and slow. I'm being rival heroes with FE, im teaching myself and through guides how to do more slowly.

Now, we both have problems with albion explorer, and when i get time, im gonna gather all the stuff they have on it, and install it carefully. Stop getting so frustrated, it won't get you anywhere.

J

jeromyt86

I have a problem with free roam. I ran the program and extracted everything as it said to do in the setup for freeroam.exe. I made it through all the steps, I played and beat the game, I edited silver key chests so it take 0 keys to open any silver chests, I made a junk sword loaded with augmentations and stronger and it's twice as big lol. I tried to make a bodyguard in the Albion explorer and nothing happened, same thing when I made a chest. The point I'm getting to with all of this is that I've done everything as instructed but free roam still won't work. I did the userst.ini thing, the folders are in the right places along with all the ripped files from the .WAD and I moved the .Wad out of the directory to hopefully make free roam work, but still nothing. What's the problem with it? Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? If anyone can help please do :blush:

J

jeromyt86

I'm new to using forums I usually read them, but not write in them, but free roam wont work for me for some reason. I followed all of the instructions and everything is exactly as it should be, but I can't free roam in the game. I even did the userst.ini thing and tried moving my .WAD file out of the directory. I tried to make one post saying close to the same thing, but it didn't post, that was a couple hours ago. So I'm trying this "Quick Reply" thing hoping it will post. I also hope it won't double post. If it does double post please forgive me as I said I've never posted on a forum before. Anyways if anyone has some advice, or ideas as to why it's not working please help me.

R

Repta1615

Can any one tell me which folder to Use this thread said once you open the .wad rip the files into the folder above the Levels folder Which one is that? My pc sometimes says that Language is The folder and sometimes it says something else is PLEASE HELP me I"M SO CONFUSED!

P

Patrik1011

hey when i try to rip it just comre up with this:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadChar()
at FreeRoam.Form1.btnPatch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FreeRoam
Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.28456
Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.28456
CodeBase: file:///E:/FABLETLC2/freeroam/FreeRoam.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/sys....0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 7.10.3052.4
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/mic...0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

if you use this will you be able to use albionexplorer and open up the world editor?

P

Pontaan

I've done everything in the guide but i still doesn't work, when i use the free roam program and open the finalalbion.wad file and then rips it to data folder, it doesn't happend anything, it doesn't even lie in the data folder... what should i do?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Either the folder didn't extract to the right place, or you didn't wait long enough.

Go to Start ==> Search

and do a search for "Final Albion" and see if a folder comes up. If it does, it's just in the wrong place, and you have to move it to the levels folder. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

C

CrazyConshy

When I try to save the userst it says "Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\userst.ini file."

Also, the TNG Editor link isn't working anywhere for me.

EDIT: Never mind the first part, I did what Sephi did and it ran smoothly.

fablemaniac

The Man Who Laughs
Reaction score

Well for me when I click 'RIP!' and select 'final albion.wad' it says 'try to select a file next time!'.Any ideas?

Reaction score

Have you used FreeRoam FMP? If you have you can't use the app, and could ypu post a screenshot at least?

fablemaniac

The Man Who Laughs
Reaction score

1.No,I didn't
2.I don't know how!