• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Further character customization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score
Further character customization?

Hey everyone, I just decided to start this thread to talk about some different possible character customization ideas. I was thinking about Fable 2 and how your character changes due to your alignment, and how corrupt/evil has horns, good/pure has a halo etc. But what if you could change these things to a greater level? Maybe they could incorporate a system similar to the Sims for players who enjoy large amounts of character customization in their games like I do. You could change the look of your horns, your halo, your eyes, more hair choices, facial structure, even down to tiny details like teeth. I'd love to hear all of your input on my ideas^_^

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score
Re: Further character customization?

I'd like to see more uniqueness in the alignment system, i hated being evil for the horns and the dirty looks.

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

Sabbath;369562 said:
I'd like to see more uniqueness in the alignment system, i hated being evil for the horns and the dirty looks.
I agree, the fact that corruption makes you ugly doesn't really appeal to me. I'd prefer it if I had more control over what I looked like and not have my alignment dictate everything about me.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I'd like the sims level customization at the beginning of the game, then choices and combat style effecting it slightly.

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

James Butts;369606 said:
I'd like the sims level customization at the beginning of the game, then choices and combat style effecting it slightly.

Ya, that was exactly what I was thinking. You could start the game and create your character exactly how you wanted, and then change due to alignment. However, I think you should be able to change smaller things whenever you wanted to such as your horns or your halo.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Weeellllll... here's the thing. I like customization, too. But I also really like the Fable morphing sytem. And something tells me that "morphing" and "customization" don't go together too well.

If you want complete control over your character, play the Sims 3. Hell, play Mass Effect. But... I don't see Fable 3 giving you much choice over what you look like. Their view seems to be that you can't choose how you're born looking, but then you can choose what you wear, what color you dye your hair, and the actions you take.

And then you get hit with the consequences of your actions. Be an evil, terrifying bastard, look like it. Be a pole-up-the-ass goody two-shoes who's kind to children and small puppies, look like it.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I hate looking ugly when evil, I don't want alignment to effect the way I look. I want to kill people and look handsome/hawt!!!

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

All good points:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

So play a different game. Mass Effect 2 works, but you'll need to pay for the med-bay upgrade. Mass Effect 1 works better. But still, no option to randomly kill thousands of innocent bystanders in either.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

^ the games you mentioned suck @ss though.

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

I definitely don't want to play another game, I just think a few things could be added to the Fable series in my opinion.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

James Butts;369653 said:
^ the games you mentioned suck @ss though.

Well, I take offense at that, for one thing. For another... okay, so the only games I can think of that have the customization you claim to want all, according to you, suck.

I think it's a sign. A deep, mystical omen that you'll be satisfied by nothing Lionhead can do. Because it isn't exactly what you want.

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

Come on guys, I only wanted to know your opinion on character customization in Fable III!:lol: No need to fight about it, everyone's opinion is valued and respected.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Not fighting-- just... discussing. Acerbically, because it's the only way I know how.

Honestly, what I'm really interested in is the weapons. I like axes, and what I'm hoping is that there will be some variety with that. Something along the lines of rusty/iron/steel/master deal, but cosmetic rather than qualitative. Make it so that I can choose whatever weapon I want, purely on the basis of looks, and then have it level up and morph as I go.

And yes, I realize that this might contradict what I said about different-looking people making it harder to do the morphing for them. But weapons are easier than people. And they already have to do more than one of them.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

I'd rather like to be able to make my evil character like a seducer and my good character like a white suited mobsters (They contradict each other:D!)

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

Walker;369674 said:
Not fighting-- just... discussing. Acerbically, because it's the only way I know how.

Honestly, what I'm really interested in is the weapons. I like axes, and what I'm hoping is that there will be some variety with that. Something along the lines of rusty/iron/steel/master deal, but cosmetic rather than qualitative. Make it so that I can choose whatever weapon I want, purely on the basis of looks, and then have it level up and morph as I go.

And yes, I realize that this might contradict what I said about different-looking people making it harder to do the morphing for them. But weapons are easier than people. And they already have to do more than one of them.

I agree with you there, and I'm also looking forward to weapon morphing. From what I've seen of it so far, it should be a large and integral part of Fable III. I also like your idea of aesthetics rather than function or power level. I would enjoy it if you could have whatever weapon you pleased, and then have it gain power as you do and change as you do based on your skills and alignment. Starting a separate topic, what other weapons would you like to see in Fable III and tell me some of your theories and ideas about the morphing process, I'm curious.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Walker;369670 said:
Well, I take offense at that, for one thing. For another... okay, so the only games I can think of that have the customization you claim to want all, according to you, suck.

I think it's a sign. A deep, mystical omen that you'll be satisfied by nothing Lionhead can do. Because it isn't exactly what you want.

I love fable, It's amazing, and is one of very few games I like.

M

myemptyshell

I would want the alignment morphing to be more extreme! I think they should be a bit more creative this time around...yah, we've seen horns=corrupt, halo=pure..I think being as corrupt as some of our characters get, they should have like hunchbacks, and limp when they walk and just be completely gross....and then if you're pure you can be like the hot prince.

BUT

I want more clothing options and being able to change race. Why should the hero only be caucasion?

menmeo

The Chosen One
Reaction score

^Good ideas. Welcome to the forums.:)

J

jackjack11

i like the weapon morphing thing and the how it looks instead of how good it is

Status
Not open for further replies.