• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game not working

MrRofcat

Reaction score
Game not working

I downloaded fable 1 off of Xbox marketplace and when I try to play it says game could not play please download again.so i went and downloaded it again and,the same thing happened.So what is wrong?Also +rep for the best answer.

Devil Jho

The Voice
Reaction score
Re: Game not working

Sheesh...im not sure since i buy my games from the market, but have you downloaded it for free, maybe a torrent or you saw a tut on youtube...you need to tell me the truth cause knowone can help you if you lie...if you have then download a different version, if you payed for it....then download a different version, theres tons of more places to get it, what type of pc do you have?
Windows, mac, what?
32 or 64 bit...i need to know the details, look up on youtube and google for different download files, it may just be that the version is out of date or it may not work on your type of pc....if all else fails, then just buy it on the market or ebay, also dont forget to tell me what type of system you have, thanks!

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

MrRofcat;411411 said:
I downloaded fable 1 off of Xbox marketplace and when I try to play it says game could not play please download again.so i went and downloaded it again and,the same thing happened.So what is wrong?Also +rep for the best answer.

Devil Jho;411918 said:
Sheesh...im not sure since i buy my games from the market, but have you downloaded it for free, maybe a torrent or you saw a tut on youtube...you need to tell me the truth cause knowone can help you if you lie...if you have then download a different version, if you payed for it....then download a different version, theres tons of more places to get it, what type of pc do you have?
Windows, mac, what?
32 or 64 bit...i need to know the details, look up on youtube and google for different download files, it may just be that the version is out of date or it may not work on your type of pc....if all else fails, then just buy it on the market or ebay, also dont forget to tell me what type of system you have, thanks!

I'm starting to think you don't read people's posts :p

Anyway, OP I'm gonna guess your xbox isn't modded in anyway, so It is probably just a bug. I will look up to see if there is a fix for you :)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

MrRofcat;411411 said:

If you are using a wireless connection then your connection probably has a small data loss which corrupts the game package. I would suggest to use a wired connection when downloading huge amounts of data from the Xbox Marketplace.

This could be a HDD (hard disk drive) related issue, download the game on a USB attached to your XBOX 360, this might resolve the issue.

This problem happens on other downloads? Then I suggest to contact Xbox Live support. This could be something related with your console too.

Is your XBOX 360 modified? When your XBOX 360 is modified you cannot download content from Xbox Live.

You can also try to contact Xbox Live Support if you seem that you cannot figure out what the problem exactly is then they will make you the right questions and provide you with the correct answers.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Nicely played, plus rep.

Devil Jho

The Voice
Reaction score

Oh...didnt notice he said XBOX marketplace lol, sorry...

MrRofcat

Reaction score

DarkONI;412057 said:
If you are using a wireless connection then your connection probably has a small data loss which corrupts the game package. I would suggest to use a wired connection when downloading huge amounts of data from the Xbox Marketplace.

This could be a HDD (hard disk drive) related issue, download the game on a USB attached to your XBOX 360, this might resolve the issue.

This problem happens on other downloads? Then I suggest to contact Xbox Live support. This could be something related with your console too.

Is your XBOX 360 modified? When your XBOX 360 is modified you cannot download content from Xbox Live.

You can also try to contact Xbox Live Support if you seem that you cannot figure out what the problem exactly is then they will make you the right questions and provide you with the correct answers.
No it's not modded in any way,and its a wired connection.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

MrRofcat;412343 said:
No it's not modded in any way,and its a wired connection.

Can you download stuff from Xbox Live Marketplace? Things that you download from Xbox Live Marketplace do work or not?

Then try the other options I mentioned in the post. Do you have an USB Stick, so you can try and put the game there? (so we can assure that it isn't a HDD problem).

I will keep suggesting though, to call Microsoft Xbox Live support, because you have paid for the game, they should provide you with all the correct questions in order to spot the problem.

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score

DarkONI;412057 said:

What kind of modified? Jtag, flashed or hotswapped?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

xMrMuffin;412422 said:
What kind of modified? Jtag, flashed or hotswapped?

He answered above that his XBOX 360 isn't modified. There's no need to specify on that subject.

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score

DarkONI;412426 said:
He answered above that his XBOX 360 isn't modified. There's no need to specify on that subject.

Fine, but i was asking you, not him.

MrRofcat

Reaction score

DarkONI;412345 said:
Can you download stuff from Xbox Live Marketplace? Things that you download from Xbox Live Marketplace do work or not?

Then try the other options I mentioned in the post. Do you have an USB Stick, so you can try and put the game there? (so we can assure that it isn't a HDD problem).

I will keep suggesting though, to call Microsoft Xbox Live support, because you have paid for the game, they should provide you with all the correct questions in order to spot the problem.

Yeah I can download other things from Xbox live marketplace.Because i just downloaded the south park game :D.Im gonna have to get me a usb stick and try it I guess.+rep 4 u
EDIT:I just tried it with a usb stick and it didnt work.:( guess im gonna have to call Microsoft.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

MrRofcat;412504 said:
Yeah I can download other things from Xbox live marketplace.Because i just downloaded the south park game :D.Im gonna have to get me a usb stick and try it I guess.+rep 4 u
EDIT:I just tried it with a usb stick and it didnt work.:( guess im gonna have to call Microsoft.

What happened afterwards. Were you able to find a solution for your problem?

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score

Have you tried deleting it and downloading it again?

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

xMrMuffin;414242 said:
Have you tried deleting it and downloading it again?

Let me quote the first post of the thread.

MrRofcat;411411 said: