• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gay men

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Queer is a funny word, to be sure. Cthulhu was described by Lovecraft as being queer. Because just how gay used to mean happy and carefree, queer used to mean bizarre and strange.

Today though, all I can think about is a fat southern redneck wearing a wifebeater shouting the word at someone.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Isn't 'queer' sorta like 'faggot' in that it is more of an insult..? I know I would feel akward using queer in the same way as lesbian.
Actually, I'm not sure... some of my gay friends prefer to be called queer than gay.
I personally wouldn't use it regardless because not everyone feels the same way about certain words like that. A couple of my gay friends (and my late cousin) didn't appreciate the word to say the least, while others I know don't really care because it's "just a word". It's implying the person is odd for what they are.. but I don't see anything odd or strange about being gay.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That varies greatly, I'd say. Those people who march in Pride parades - y'know, the over-the-top-in-your-face homosexuals, sure are a strange and rather odd bunch.

Gay-pride-parade-fairy.jpg

If I were gay, I'd probably want to kill people like them for making us all look like idiots.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I thought queer just meant weird? I use it as that, or the word "Query" as a question.. thought i'd throw that in there.. Wait, is that how you spell it?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where you are. I've known of plenty of gay men who prefered to be called queer.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, loads of people want to be weird, different, special. That gives us all our unique identities. So, being called queer is very normal around me (cause everyone here around wants to be different.).