• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gay men

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've been thinking, as I often find myself doing, about gay men. The English language is really unfair towards gay men, isn't it? Gay women have a word to call themselves, lesbian. Gay men on the other hand are just... gay.

Of course there are a lot of words people call gay men, but they are hardly endearing and used in the same way as gay women use the word lesbian, and in the case of "homos" it technically could apply to gay women as well as they are also homosexual.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I'm afraid of humans. Does that make me a homophobic? Oh, these are tryin' times indeed.
tumblr_m0fozqsg3e1rpmcplo1_500.gif

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
But is there a separate word for straight males/females?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
That's different. Being heterosexual is considered the norm, and you don't have special words for things that are the norm.

Reaction score
I think confirmed bachelor used to be a common term for gay men, doesn't really sound offensive either compared to derogatory terms like: Bumboy, faggot, puff etc. that's always an option, has a ring to it too 'confirmed bachelor.'

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The only reason gay women are called Lesbians now is because of the feminist movement in the 70s to separate them from the men. Whereas the men simply didn't bother and the word stuck, and I've never seen a gay man have a problem with the word either, so there's that too.

I guess the same could be said for bisexuals as well. There's no official word exclusively for a bi female or a bi male (to my knowledge at least), they're both the same. Being one myself, I have no problem with the word bi, I wouldn't know what else you'd call me and I couldn't care enough to want to be recognized differently.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
If you're well and truly gay, you wont give a crap whether you have a separate name, you are gay. As to WHY we dont have a separate name, I go with that whole feminist movement thing Giki brought up.. and the fact that dudes dont give a **** about small details like that.

FIST PUMP

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they were called lesbians prior to that.

By a couple of hundred of years, at least.

Reaction score
I'm with scarecrow, If I was gay I guess I wouldn't be too fussed about labels, I'd just be gay, it get's the point across.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I'm with scarecrow, If I was gay I guess I wouldn't be too fussed about labels, I'd just be gay, it get's the point across.

This basically, gets the point across. I mean, 'gay' is basically the official term anyway. It's not slang and it isn't as posh as saying "Yeah man I'm homosexual", and it's also much less offensive than 'cock gobbler' or 'knob jockey'.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
As a gay man, I would immediately disassociate myself from you if you ever thought about addressing any gay person like that. It's just so... tacky and disrespectful.
**** im am so sorry.
I truly did not mean to offend.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
f*** im am so sorry.
I truly did not mean to offend.

You didn't, homie. You asked a question, I responded.

<3

The only reason gay women are called Lesbians now is because of the feminist movement in the 70s to separate them from the men. Whereas the men simply didn't bother and the word stuck, and I've never seen a gay man have a problem with the word either, so there's that too.

I guess the same could be said for bisexuals as well. There's no official word exclusively for a bi female or a bi male (to my knowledge at least), they're both the same. Being one myself, I have no problem with the word bi, I wouldn't know what else you'd call me and I couldn't care enough to want to be recognized differently.

D00D UR BI WE SHOOD TOTS MAKE OUT

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
AND I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO WATCH

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'M NOT OF THE HOMOSEXUAL VARIETY BUT I DO HAVE A HOME. DOES THAT COUNT? I DON'T WANT TO BE LEFT OUT.

I'M ALSO SHOUTING BECAUSE I FEEL LONELY AND EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT.

OR ELSE THEY'RE DOING GIKI.

OR TYLORIC.

EITHER WAY, STUFF AND/OR PEOPLE ARE GETTING DONE

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they were called lesbians prior to that.

By a couple of hundred of years, at least.
They were, but it was popularized and made official because of the separatists in the feminist movement.
D00D UR BI WE SHOOD TOTS MAKE OUT
YES, MY BODY IS READY