• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitch in your Game?

jakesh

Reaction score
Alright, so I recently had bought the traitors keep add on and for the most part i have been playing through it with no problems. I got past clockwork Island and then managed to get to the Godwin Estate and into the manor on the Island. However, a few rooms in I get to this room with three hobbes in it, two of which are just arguing and laughing at each other and the other is over by some chemistry set. I walked into the room and nothing happens! I know they are supposed to get zapped and turn into the colored hobbes but nothing happens. I can't get past the room and I can't even fast travel off of the Island!!!!! In dire need of help!!!!! Why is it so difficult for lionhead to make a patch to where you can fast travel out of areas even while in a mission just causing the mission to reset itself. Honestly, this is happening to frequently for them to not do that.

robotcory

Reaction score
On my first 2 profiles I have all 7 demon doors and it says 1/7 on both after doing the Ravenscar Keep door. Lame. I decided to do a 3rd profile as I heard if you get them in reverse order it works around the glitch. I am at Ravenscar Keep and I need to go fight the 3rd villain after I find the dude on the floor. I had to get health so I went to Bowerstone Market. I come back and all the doors are locked. I can't get where I need to be and since I can't beat that I cannot get the last piece of prisoner clothing so I can't do my demon doors. The whole reason I started the profile is a total failure and a waste of my life. I tried having a dude join and unlock it to no avail and I cannot be gifted the Prison outfit nor can they just go to the demon door. It's the only achievement I need. I am pretty sure I am just done with Fable. It's so frustrating and I am really disappointed.

joepochicken

Reaction score
Hi I Had just finished the level where you help major swift and I proceded to follow walther down to the sewers I accidentally went into the sewers before the loading screen and I fell into the sea inside a invisible box just outside bowerstone industrial and If I move backwards I fall into a white space but if I go forward a invisible barrier pops up "nothing awaits you in the open see but death" help me please I don't want to restart

ShamSuey

Reaction score
Soo, I"ve got a couple glitches going on here..
Profile 1 - I'm stuck inside Reavers mannor doing the wheel of misfortune. I clicked the wheel to play, and as soon as I did it said "Return to the wheel to play again" and I am now trapped inside the room with the wheel. No doors will open, and I cannot click on the wheel again. I also cannot fast travel out of there as it keeps telling me I cant until i complete my current quest.
Profile 2 - I started as the princess, but now I'm the prince? I was playing online with someone and when they left my game I was a man with nothing. No clothes, weapons, items - nothing. Yet on the road to rule all my gates are open and the female character is still on all the pedestals.
Profile 3 - I am stuck in Ravenscar keep. Again I was playing online and went to do the Godwin estate quest but after I talked to the guy by the ship the screen went black and nothing would load, so I had to restart it. Now I can't leave the island as the ship guy is not there anymore and I cannot board the ship without him. Godwin estate is open on my map now, but again I can't fast travel until i complee the current quest - which I cant do as there is no ship captain.

Any help would be grrrreaaattly appreciated!! Thanks!

Gamertag is ShamSuey if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

Also I too had the demon door glitch. All of them are open - even the one on ravenscar keep - yet it says that i dont have them all opened yet.

robotcory

Reaction score
The latest glitch I had happen is I went to go back into Understone and it froze my game and when I loaded up my first profile it said it was corrupt and could not be loaded. 80+ hours down the drain. I lost all the weapons and clothes. Thank god I had already copied all the weapons onto my 4th profile. This game is honestly pathetic. I really enjoy it but the dlc has ruined pretty much all my fun. My 4th and newly started 5th profiles seem to be glitch free but were started after I already had the dlc downloaded. All 3 of my profiles before the dlc have glitched and are no longer usable so 2 for 5 isn't bad I guess.

Digijim95

Reaction score
I bought this game, a couple weeks ago and it was great, no really game-destroying glitches, however I have the pc version, so to obtain Achievements I have to sign into Windows LIVE, apparantly I already made an account for a previous game (Not Fable III) so when I tried to load it, LIVE told me it was downloading the profile, but whenever it tries it freezes, I was playing fine before, but I can't get back to that. That is the first of three Game-destroying glitches I have, next thing I find out, is that the game cannot be un-installed from my pc, even if I use CCleaner, when I get to Repair/Remove, no matter what I click it freezes. That's Numero Dos. Finally, after trying, unsuccessfuly to uninstall the game, I find out that I can't even open Fable III anymore, it just pops up with: "Fable III has encountered a problem and needs to close" Any ideas? This is a great game and I was *Minor Spoiler* done with the Reaver's mansion mission but hadn't yet moved on from that city *end minor spoilers* but then I accidently deleted my awesome character as I had only been using the auto-save slot, and not slot 1, so starting a new game despite my marrige and child which was awesome, considering I owned brightwall and parts of bowerstone. But, anyway when the game failed I hadn't left the castle yet, Walder had just come into the room. Sorry for the long message, but I'm really frustrated and short of ripping the files manually from my computer, then fixing the issues that causes, and then hoping that fixes the problem, I'm out of ideas.

lberr2

Reaction score
I have now encountered another glitch in one of my other profiles. I was on a date which required me to take her to Bowerstone Castle. I fast traveled to Bowerstone Castle and then my character started falling through the ground and it auto-saved so I can't revert the save. Please fix this, it's the second glitch I have had in this game that makes a save unplayable.

255gecko

Reaction score
i was starting the first dlc for fable 3 but my power went out when i was doing a execution type move on a hobbe (eg/ picking up a wolf and stabbing it), mnow im stck under the map and i cant use my wepons, magic or return to the sanctuary, can anyone suggest what to do without deleting my save
(p.s the hobbe is with me to and i cant leave the area underground)

Deicide•Division

Fable and Zelda, thats all...
Reaction score
I just got the falling forever glitch. /cry. Anyone find a temporary fix?
Also, if you join a friends game, you tend to get their magic/tall/strength, along with the crappy repair state their property is in.
Same thing happened to me, but i was like hovering on the ground for a long time, my feet wern't making contact with the ground lol! but i just teleported to the same area i was in.

Linung

Reaction score
I was fighting with 2nd boss Lt. Stevenson. You know he uses teleport. Once he used it and he gone. Game is saved by accident and I can't do anything. Can I correct it somehow or should I start new game?

Bebo4430

Reaction score
I'm brand new to the gaming world so please forgive the possibility of a silly question. If there is a glitch in your game do you have to restart your game? Will it always be there? Is it a problem with the disk?
My example: The crime and punishment quest when in the Bowerstone pub there is only one bad guy instead of 4 like I've seen on the walkthoughs. I kill the guy but can't get out of the pub. What do I do? Thanks!

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I had a little error when I was in Sunset House. After standing around near the chessboard for about 5 minutes after beating chestie previously, all the pieces started moving on their own. They attacked each other, changed places and could even be destroyed by me. I have to admit, when there is only 3 pawns left on the table, it's going to be an easy game.

Acidgarbage

Reaction score
I posted in the wrong section but I killed all 50 gnomes but after I killed the last one it says I've only killed 47? I did walkthroughs the first time and again the second time after it said I didn't complete it... I'm stuck and there are no more gnomes...

Ravenwing268

Reaction score
I'm stuck under everything in aurora.
I bought some dlc clothes i don't get them plz help! :/ ive made a new char but the clothes still wont appear

Fablecheevo23

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people have this issue but not in the exact same circumstances as mine.

I can't get into the cesspools. I know you have to complete the kidnapped quest and I know some people say that it isn't on their list, but I must have done this quest before because I have entered the house before on this character profile. I have completed ALL of the quests except the ones related to achievements. Like I said, I've been able to get into this house before.

I'm trying to get in there now to get a key but the door is closed over. I turned off free will to try and bash it down but nothing happened.

I turned my console off and on again and then went back to the house and the door was still closed over. I tried to buy the house but it says it's not for sale at this time. I tried sleeping for 7 days and then returned to the house to see if it was for sale and it still wasn't.

How the heck do I get in the cesspools?! This is the 2nd to last key that I need!

Mine's a doosey <sp?>.

In your treasury in the sanctuary, if you gain more than 6 million in gold there's a nook in the wall that has a Golden Key. I obtained this key prior to fighting the final stage and then forgot about it having thought that I could use it later. Well, guess what. It's effin gone now and there's no way to replace it is there...I've gotten another golden key since, but it bothers me that there's one less door I can open because of this glitch. Well, doesn't matter. Golden Door I have opened was lame.

I also suffer from one of my files having a silent Jasper since after the credits roll. He just stands there. My other file there's a big panel in my Clothing sanctuary that's made of dark mirrored glitch phantom space. I've also seen the phantom treasure my dog points out in Aurora and Silverpines. The Auroran treasure, I've come to realize is actually supposed to be one of the flowers I need to collect, but it never shows up and I cannot get it. Bummer, as I wanted to finish that quest and dye my tats red too. I also really don't like the inconsistency of the fast travel from the map. Sometimes it puts me right where I pointed with the magnifying glass, and then other times it puts me way on the other side of the area.
Still love the game though. It's a keeper. Pity it ain't exactly perfect.

Don't know if you've worked this out since then... but the gold key you found in your sanctuary treasury is for a chest under the mountain of gold. You have to transfer your gold from your sanctuary treasury to your kingdom treasury and the chest will be there.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Mine's a doosey <sp?>.The Auroran treasure, I've come to realize is actually supposed to be one of the flowers I need to collect, but it never shows up and I cannot get it.
I don't know if it's been resolved yet, but the "Auroran Treasure" is in fact just a marker. I have the same "Phantom" spots, and I have found all of the flowers. If you're missing one and you've looked everywhere you can think of, there is one in the cave on the left side of the desert, you just need to shoot a flip(flit?) switch that is high in the air, and it will open a door with a sliver key and flower.

^^^ Is in white, so you need to highlight it. Just because of a possible spoiler.

CoolcatTerri

Reaction score
I just starting playing this game this week and got stuck in falling glitch. I bought DLC and need someone to join my game to help me get out of glitch. I have over 40 hrs gameplay in and do'nt want to start over. Can someone please help me?

Acidgarbage

Reaction score
You can add me i play from time to time my handle is acidgarbage. Just add me I'll be playing this weekend.

Xylem99

Reaction score
When I found Fable III in the back of my cabinet, I immediately told my friend about it, who has played it before, and he began helping me throughout the game. I instantly fell in love with the game, and I was looking foward to buying Fable and Fable II, but then I encountered a bug in Fable III. It was right after I was caught infiltrating Reeves's mansion, escaped unharmed after his Wheel of Misfortune, and signed the project. I entered the portal that allows me to get better upgrades, and, when I was done upgrading everything, I realized the portal had vanished. I tried everything to get back to the storyline: use the seals on the ground to teleport to the portal, use the map, charge into the gate despite not seeing the portal, but all of them failed miserably. I couldn't use the map, the seals on the ground teleported me to the farthest seal and didn't do anything, and nothing happened when I ran to where the portal should be. So now I'm stuck in the level up area/sanctuary with no way out and I can't continue my game. I'm at a loss on what to do and need help to get my game back on track. (By the way, I'm reporting the glitch here since the link to report it isn't working.) Does anybody have any advice other than to restart my game?