• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score
Glitches

I have the console version of Lost Chapters and there sre these glitches that are really annoying.

The first one is the Harbinger glitch, though I'm not sure if this is a glitch or just a change in programming; the glitch is that the usuall stat requirements for the Harbinger are 5 physique, 2-3 health, and 4 toughness; but now they go like this 7 physique, 6 health, 7 toughness.

The second is the missing shopkeeper glitch in Knothole Glade; this happens rarely, but sure enough happens. It seems that after you gain access to Knothole Glade, there is a chance that one of the shopkeepers is missing, and nothing seems to bring him back.

If you know of these glitches and might know a way to avoid, please let me know.

A

Asura

Re: Glitches

I've had the Knothole Glade trade glitch. To avoid it you simply keep a save before the White Balvarine quest. Once you completed the quest, go back and check to see if the traders appear. If they don't, redo the quest and check again.

As for the Harbinger.. It can assured it is the program as every game deals with this. Such a thing is not to often considered to be a glitch.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Seigfried said:
The first one is the Harbinger glitch, though I'm not sure if this is a glitch or just a change in programming; the glitch is that the usuall stat requirements for the Harbinger are 5 physique, 2-3 health, and 4 toughness; but now they go like this 7 physique, 6 health, 7 toughness.
I'm almost certain that was deliverate, I believe Lionhead Studios intended for the Harbinger to be more difficult to achieve by increasing the strength requirements.

You will find that alot of tweaks have been made throughout Fable: The Lost Chapters, the biggest one that comes to mind is how much weaker the Sword of Aeons is when compared to one in the original Fable.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yeah, I agree with you its just that the Harbinger is a powerful sword, the perfect weapon for you to have during the arena battles. But when you finish the arena, you have your chance at getting the Katana Hiryu which is stronger, making the need for the Harbinger not all that great.

Though, something occured to me after I made the post. I remember you had the sword in the stone side quest on your site. You had it say that the stats needed to be exact or else you wouldn't get the sword. Could this be the problem?

Also, I have to say that the power decrease of the SoA is a bit of a downer, but I suppose it had to be done in order to make things "equivalent".

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

The Sword In The Stone quest is quite strange, and I may not have explained it as clearly as I should have.

But basically, when you first attempt to pull the Harbinger from the stone just outside of the Chapel of Avo, the game will take a note of your current stats.

You will then have to increase your physique by 5 points, your health stats by 2 and your toughness by 3. So the easiest way to fulfill this quest is by not levelling up any of your strength stats until you have tried to pull the sword out once. It's strange but that's how it works.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
The Sword In The Stone quest is quite strange, and I may not have explained it as clearly as I should have.

But basically, when you first attempt to pull the Harbinger from the stone just outside of the Chapel of Avo, the game will take a note of your current stats.

You will then have to increase your physique by 5 points, your health stats by 2 and your toughness by 3. So the easiest way to fulfill this quest is by not levelling up any of your strength stats until you have tried to pull the sword out once. It's strange but that's how it works.

No chance of doing it when your maxed out then?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that. The only exception to this is that you can max out your stats and receive the Harbinger or just raise your physique, health and stamina by the designated amounts. ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that. The only exception to this is that you can max out your stats and receive the Harbinger or just raise your physique, health and stamina by the designated amounts. ;)
Thats ok then, just making sure that they didnt mess that up by you having stats you could not raise lol.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Now things are seeming much clearer, thank you. As for that accursed sword I'll be getting it very soon.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Okay I just encountered somewhat of a glitch. During the "Assassins Attack" sub-quest, I went into battle with the assassin you find in Knothole Glade. Here's the thing, while I was fighting the assassin, another one showed up and started attacking me. Anyone care to comment or explain?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Hmm, I haven't heard of that one before Seigfried, I'll have to check it out. You may have discovered a new glitch though. ;)

K

Kato Si

I don't know how many people have a Xbox 360 but Fable and Fable TLC dosen't work well on it. When play either of the Fables my 360 freezes and there no way to un freeze it except by turning it off. This problem really bits because it happens quiet frequently. As for glitchs, a cool one to try is the unltimted silver key trick. All you have to do is have a quest in progress collect the key or keys and hero save. Then reload you file and you will have the keys you got but you be able to dig them up again. This trick can work for money, exsperiance and etc. Somthing I want to try is to take the Sword of Aeons after you beat Jack the first time and then start a quest and hero save then load back to when you fight him and throw Aeons away and aquire Avo's Tear. I wonder if that would work?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ive not heard about anyone else i know having that problem with the Xbox 360 and Fable :hmm:

I havent got it for the 360 myself so wouldnt know 1st hand but i do know 3 people who have and they have never told me about the problem.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

The Sword of Aeons trick will not work because you can never have more than one of the same weapon; when you do aquire a weapon that you already possess it merely vanishes and never goes into your equipment.

Also, I suggest not doing the hero save unless you need to. Doing it over and over again will cause your memory to screw up or even erase itself.

Plus, in my opinion, doing the hero save trick is cheap and makes the game less challenging.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
The Sword of Aeons trick will not work because you can never have more than one of the same weapon; when you do aquire a weapon that you already possess it merely vanishes and never goes into your equipment.

Also, I suggest not doing the hero save unless you need to. Doing it over and over again will cause your memory to screw up or even erase itself.

Plus, in my opinion, doing the hero save trick is cheap and makes the game less challenging.

Ive heard of that happening if you try to trick the game by using Hero Save to often.

K

Kato Si

I have only done the hero save trick a few times, just to see if it works.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That's okay then, i guess.

K

Kato Si

Seigfried said:
That's okay then, i guess.

Well you have to try everything in Fable, except getting with a gay guy, that's just wrong.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

is it that your against gay love?

Status
Not open for further replies.