• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Good TV Shows?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find anything good to watch. I don't mind if it's a few years old, at least then I can watch it on teh interwebz. The only show that I enjoyed start to finish (kind of) recently is Lost. I don't mind comedies as long as it's not dull American comedy like The Office.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
American Dad.

Overshadowed by Family Guy, yet it is a thousand times better.

I watch it from time to time and it's much better than FG despite it's golden moments.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
dull American comedy like The Office.

I'm going to let that go.

Let's see, here's a short list of the shows that I enjoy. I might think of more later since this is just right off the top of my head.

Weeds
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Californication
Jericho
Arrested Development
Flash Forward

Weeds might just be my favorite show with AMC's Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead not too far behind. Californication is pretty awesome and fairly humorous. Jericho has one of those complex storylines that boggles your mind, but then forces you to fall in love with it once you understand it. It's really amazing, and I can't believe it only lasted two seasons. Arrested Development is pretty funny and very entertaining. You seem like the kind of guy who wouldn't really care for Michael Cera, but don't be put off by the fact that he's in this show. It's a great show, especially with David Cross in it. Flash Forward is, well, pretty interesting. It makes you sort of think to figure out why certain things are happening, and it forces you to keep watching because you want to know how things are going to turn out. It's even shorter than Jericho though, which is kind of disappointing.

By the way, on a side note for anyone who watches Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, did you notice the small easter egg from Breaking Bad in episode two of season two of The Walking Dead?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I tried to get myself into Weeds, but the main character annoys the hell out of me so I've continued to avoid it.

Aside from Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'd recommend trying out:

Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones
Fringe
Prison Break
Code Monkeys
Spartacus

I'm currently in love with the show Boardwalk Empire, if you like the work and style of Martin Scorsese then you'll definitely enjoy this one. As for Prison Break, I advise watching Season 1 and ONLY Season 1.. the writing is very impressive for such a show, but it goes completely downhill in the subsequent seasons with recycled garbage.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The office, that horrible awkwardness that makes for the funniest situations.

Southpark, garbage comedy adapted for current world affairs

Colbert Report/ Daily Show, political pundits who make fun of political pundits

Lost, great show but makes you make up your mind about wtf is going on because it's just down the hatch with that ****.

Family Guy/ American Dad- All the things that make you laugh and cry

Anime, Ghost in the shell, trigun, Hellsing, Deathnote. Inuyasha or Naruto if you don't know good anime series.

That's all I think of. :/

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I tried to get myself into Weeds, but the main character annoys the hell out of me so I've continued to avoid it.

How much of it did you watch? Because when watching the first half of season one, it can be difficult to get into.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I dont like tv shows anymore, they're getting really un-original.

Thats why Family Guy is and will always be the best.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
How much of it did you watch? Because when watching the first half of season one, it can be difficult to get into.
Only the first season with my friend, she kept begging me to watch it and telling me it's really good, but I just couldn't get into it.
No. Just... no.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
QI - trivia show with stephen fry

Adventure time - awesome cartoon that is full of the lulz

My litle pony: Friendship is magic - awesome cartoon full of da cute

House M.D - really? we all know what this is right?

MXC - Japanese show dubbed over with American voices full of people hurting them selfs

Mythbusters - Again, really? we all know who they are right... RIGHT!?

Cowboy Bebop - classic anime about bounty hunters in space in the year 2072

Firefly - classic show about smugglers/pirates (kinda) in space in the year 2517 with Nathan Fillion

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find anything good to watch. I don't mind if it's a few years old, at least then I can watch it on teh interwebz. The only show that I enjoyed start to finish (kind of) recently is Lost. I don't mind comedies as long as it's not dull American comedy like The Office.

Don't blaspheme about the Office, boy. I love that show. But some of my other favourites are:

Mighty Boosh
Community
Family Guy
American Dad
Futurama
IT Crowd
Mythbusters
Top Gear

If I think of anymore I'll add them.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I dont like tv shows anymore, they're getting really un-original.

Oh god, please tell me you're joking.

Only the first season with my friend, she kept begging me to watch it and telling me it's really good, but I just couldn't get into it.

It gets way better after that. There's some major grow house, DEA, and Mexican drug lord king pin sh*t that happens later.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
American Dad is... so... bad... watching it literally makes me sick (same with The Cleveland show). I don't want to start an argument, but this is truly the one show I don't understand why people like it.

For shows:

Burn Notice (strongly recommend that one)
4400 - an older show about 4400 people who were abducted and sent back with superpowers. It's nothing like Heroes and I personally like it a lot more. Got cancelled after seaon 4.
Misfits
Battlestar Galactica
Stargate SG-1 + Universe (I haven't seen Antlantis, though I hear it's as good as SG-1, I just got tired of the same format)
The Walking Dead

My Boss, My Hero - a Korean short 10 episode show. Another one of my favorites.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
The reason why I wrote my post is because it was a big fat lie... No, it was my opinion. I like Family guy, its funny and different and has become well-known compared to all the random sh*t that the majority of you guys watch, well I live in NZ so our common shows are probably different to what you have.

Im sorry, Im drunk right now.

But that Curb your enthuasiasm show, sorry im spellnig bad, whatever it is, is horrible, People rate it alot, then I watch it and its just some old goof trying to be too funny with jokes that happen in every day life.

I dont know, im drunk.. weeeee

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I have a personal rule not to post here while intoxicated, though that's not to say I don't enjoy the humorous posts of other drunk or high people.

Drink on, Scarecrow. Drink on.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The reason why I wrote my post is because it was a big fat lie... No, it was my opinion. I like Family guy, its funny and different and has become well-known compared to all the random sh*t that the majority of you guys watch, well I live in NZ so our common shows are probably different to what you have.

Im sorry, Im drunk right now.

But that Curb your enthuasiasm show, sorry im spellnig bad, whatever it is, is horrible, People rate it alot, then I watch it and its just some old goof trying to be too funny with jokes that happen in every day life.

I dont know, im drunk.. weeeee

Your keys. Hand them over.

Reaction score
Here's a few off the top of my head.

Bottom: Old but as funny as hell.
(It's not a race horse it's a knight...)

Blackadder: Once again old but really entertaining.
(I heard it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich when he was hungry.)

The mighty Boosh: If you like your comedy with a tough of the surreal then this is right up your street.
(Bob fossil explains why he can't go for that.)

Megafactories: Especially the episode about how they make lego.

I'm Alan Partridge/knowing me knowing you: Not for everyone but in my opinion a bloody good show, should be given a try at least once.
(Micheal, I've got the pistols!)

Terry Jones's medieval lives: A very informative yet entertaining series that sheds some light on how people in all branches of medieval society's lived their lives and brakes long held stereotypes about the middle ages. You can find this one youtube.