• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halloween!!

Lorelai

Reaction score
For those of you that LOVE Halloween such as myself, what are your plans this year??? I usually have a fun party, and definitely a horror movie marathon. The only downer is where I live it is supposed to snow/north eastern storm this weekend!! Its crazy for snow here this early, I just hope my power doesn't go from the winds! So what are everyone's plans for Halloween?!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Fancy dress house party at friends house though its Halloween/Bonfire Night Party (might mean nothing to people outside UK).

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I don't care for halloween. Heck, Holland doesn't care. Though, we do have have alternative version at 11 november.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Not very big here in Sweden. It collides with a native holiday were we remember our dead and go light candles and put flowers on their graves. Dressing up as ghosts and ghoulies at the time seems sorta bad taste, no?

That's not to say I don't like the concept of Halloween. As far as holidays go it is rather badass. It would probably at least celebrated by some of us, yours truly included, if not for the bad timing.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I think it stems from the same Christian thing that became the Día de los Muertos.

Just not as 'fun'.

Still one of my favourite times of the year. We have quite a big cemetary and when each of the thousand of graves are lit up by the candles it creates a powerful and eerie atmosphere as the dark night is lit up by nothing except the candles.

Lorelai

Reaction score
I think it stems from the same Christian thing that became the Día de los Muertos.

Just not as 'fun'.

Still one of my favourite times of the year. We have quite a big cemetary and when each of the thousand of graves are lit up by the candles it creates a powerful and eerie atmosphere as the dark night is lit up by nothing except the candles.

That sounds pretty surreal, I wish they did things like that here.

Uggh, struggling to keep power right now where I live. Real bad winter storm in October!! Lots of snow and trees down. Better not ruin Halloween! :(

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
On a college campus, Halloween becomes Halloween weekend. I've been to two costume parties so far and I think my roommate and I are doing two more. We each have awesome costumes this year, so that'll help if we need to gatecrash anywhere.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
That sounds pretty surreal, I wish they did things like that here.

Uggh, struggling to keep power right now where I live. Real bad winter storm in October!! Lots of snow and trees down. Better not ruin Halloween! :(

i jelly. Gief snow, nao! I can't wait for first snowfall here in Sweden.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I don't really celebrate Halloween anymore to tell the truth, I used to all the time when I was a kid and teen, but eventually I started just being one of those neighbors that simply gives away candy. Though I do remember one particular Halloween a few years back where I encased a pile of pebbles in candy wrappers to settle a score with all the brats on this street. I couldn't help but pull some trollfaces after shutting the door, twas a happy night of tricking and no treating.

These days though I don't really participate in any manner, though my older sister and her kids still celebrate it and go out in costumes every year and have a good time. If I'm up to it, I'll probably join up with them this year for old times sake.

Lorelai

Reaction score
I don't really celebrate Halloween anymore to tell the truth, I used to all the time when I was a kid and teen, but eventually I started just being one of those neighbors that simply gives away candy. Though I do remember one particular Halloween a few years back where I encased a pile of pebbles in candy wrappers to settle a score with all the brats on this street. I couldn't help but pull some trollfaces after shutting the door, twas a happy night of tricking and no treating.

These days though I don't really participate in any manner, though my older sister and her kids still celebrate it and go out in costumes every year and have a good time. If I'm up to it, I'll probably join up with them this year for old times sake.

Yes join them! Don't be an old man. :p

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
So.... the treater has become the treatee.

Sun rise, sun set. Circle of life.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So.... the treater has become the treatee.

Sun rise, sun set. Circle of life.
Indeed. I remember being a teen and telling myself and friends that I'll never be like those old coots who stay in all day and just give away candy on Halloween, I mean that's just boring! .... yet here I am today. Damn.
Yes join them! Don't be an old man. :p

We'll see what happens, I really would like to get out and do something this time around instead of just lounging around to some scare flicks on Halloween night. :lol:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
On a college campus, Halloween becomes Halloween weekend. I've been to two costume parties so far and I think my roommate and I are doing two more. We each have awesome costumes this year, so that'll help if we need to gatecrash anywhere.

This! My school is already notorious for being a party school, and Halloween weekend is probably the craziest time of year here. My friend from back home came up here for the weekend, and we met up with some guys I met through a class to go out and party. We hung out at this house party for a while, which was made even better by the women who use Halloween as an excuse to dress like sluts. That's easily my favorite part of Halloween. We'll probably be doing the same thing tonight. The only thing is that we didn't prepare any costumes, so my friend is wearing a bow tie and an open flannel shirt to try to look like a Chippendale's dancer, and if anybody were to ask me what I'm supposed to be for Halloween, I'm going to say "drunk."

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
closetslut.jpg

Lorelai

Reaction score
I'm picking none of the above...

slutty devil... :unsure:.....:devil:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
And that is precisely why I like it. You get this profound sense of all manner of things that cannot be described.

I kinda wish that that extended up to where I'm at. I like remembrance stuff like that-- generally all I get to do is the luminaria ceremony at Relay for Life. Which is kinda similar to what Tsuyu described minus the graveyard.

Not to say that Halloween isn't badass. Generally we go all out, but this year everyone is working... kinda sucks. So instead, on Monday, I made damn sure that I could do a Colleges Against Cancer fundraiser with the big-ass fog machine and all our Halloween decorations. Going to try to wear my Halloween costume to work, though.